PDA

View Full Version : Working days off (EK)

critical winge
9th Feb 2006, 14:43
Just a thought, if a F/O makes ok money for a day off flight, surely it would work out over the long term to be more financially rewarding if he were upgraded on time. So the point is, is it worth working days off, which means a reduction of recruitment of F/O's and a delay to your UPGRADE, requiring more DEC's to crew with all those F/O's working the extra time. Or don't work days off = get more F/O's and get pushed up the seniority list quicker, aquiring the posn of Capt sooner and hence requiring less DEC's to work with the o'time F/O workers.

Just a question about economics, but clearly some seem to believe it is better to work the o'time, must be a differrent calculator logic than mine?

WOULD YOU WORK A DAY OFF? Would you work O'time, willingly?

Edit sp!

BigGeordie
9th Feb 2006, 16:10
I've never been asked if I want to work overtime, it has always just appeared on my roster. Sometimes in large quantities. I don't think I would get very far if I called crewing and said I actually didn't fancy any overtime this month. Working days off is a different matter. I don't, because I have a life outside EK which is worth more to me than the couple of Dhs I get for giving up a day off. If the people who are complaining about fatigue are working days off then I don't have any sympathy for them but I suspect that, like me, they are simply having overtime thrust upon them.

SecurID
9th Feb 2006, 16:53
Over 20 hours of it in December... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Toad Hall
10th Feb 2006, 07:30
I flew with a guy yesterday who had six days off in a row coming up he was going to call crew control to say he wanted to work in the hope of earning overtime:confused: :confused: :confused:
With attitude's like this i think we have no hope:(

MR8
10th Feb 2006, 09:24
We might have no hope, but at least I'll have a life.