PDA

View Full Version : Air Wales cutting flights

dingodiva
9th Feb 2006, 10:51
More cutbacks at the Red Dragon. No flights will operate from Plymouth after 19 February, Paris (Beauvais) down to 3 a week (and the route has not even started yet), Exeter-Cork to operate only twice weekly. Also rumours of the fleet reducing to just 3x ATR42's. Feel sorry for the guys and gals there, it must feel like death by a thousand cuts.

ALLMCC
9th Feb 2006, 11:06
Or could this be a clean up exercise prior to a takeover or merger with another? If so, wonder if the CWL -BHD will ever get started?

BUSH BABY
9th Feb 2006, 12:00
I was a bit dubious when they annonced all these new routes as they appear to struggle to operate the routes they operate at the moment:suspect:. I had thought the may well announce that the were buying some new a/c as part of the expansion but it does'nt look like thats going to happen:(. As far as pulling out of PLY you can't really blame them as a/c often get stuck there or end up diverting to EXT due bad wx.

No_Speed_Restriction
9th Feb 2006, 14:28
The writing's on the wall people. To my ex-colleagues.....get out now!!!

WOWBOY
9th Feb 2006, 16:00
:rolleyes: Can't say it's suprising but if true it is bad news!!

and

They are pulling of the Cardiff-Plymouth route which sucks!! :{ :eek: :suspect:

foxyflybabe
9th Feb 2006, 16:10
Have they not just taken on 10 or so new FOs to cover the planned expansion.

Have they been chopped before they have even started ? Guess there will be no need for them with only a three a/c schedule.

WOWBOY
9th Feb 2006, 16:51
Air Wales are also stopping the NCL-ABZ part of the route at the same time!!!

It will now just be Cardiff-Newcastle, before it was Plymouth-Cradiff-Newastle-Aberdeen so they are cutting the extened routes to Aberdeen and Plymouth!!!

Exeter-Cork will operate 2weekly as said before on MON and FRI
Newquay-Cork will operate 3 weekly on TUES, WED and SUN

Cardiff-Paris Beauvias will operste on WED,SAT and SUN

flower
9th Feb 2006, 17:18
The rumour on the street is that Peter McKenna is finally being allowed to run the Airline as an Airline.
He is cutting out the deadwood of routes which do not pay , have little custom or make no money, ie Aberdeen and Plymouth, and concentrating on the routes which are successful.
Air Wales have been running with a depleted fleet for some time and the fact they are already running with a Fleet of 4 aircraft not 5 doesn't seem to have been noticed.

If the rumours at the airport are true then this could be the resurrection of the Airline not the death of it, finally having someone who knows what they are doing being allowed to actually run the Airline as a business not a hobby.

RatFace
9th Feb 2006, 18:12
Well said flower, i hope you are right.

No_Speed_Restriction
10th Feb 2006, 06:34
Flower, i salute your optimism. :confused:

Stone Cold II
10th Feb 2006, 10:02
I also admire your optimism, The chairman has never allowed anyone to run his airline and never will, as far as the FO's go I think only 2 will be kept on.

I thought all these new routes were planned by Peter McKenna.

eastern wiseguy
10th Feb 2006, 10:54
Allmcc wrote wonder if the CWL -BHD will ever get started

surely you will have the Aer Arrann service to CWL? How many do you need?:E :E

ps how are the plans for Air Berlin coming along? I suppose they will start on the same day WW move into the docks?

No_Speed_Restriction
10th Feb 2006, 11:14
stone cold, thank f£$k we're out of there.So, lets start a new thread, how long do you give it......

hotelmodemetar
10th Feb 2006, 17:26
What about the new routes to Rennes, France and Brussels, Belgium?

Jamesair
11th Feb 2006, 16:28
Originally they planned to increase flights on CWL - NCL to 3 daily from June. Has this now been scrapped?

flower
11th Feb 2006, 17:24
I understand the 3 times daily flights to Newcastle is still correct.

caaardiff
11th Feb 2006, 21:32
surely you will have the Aer Arrann service to CWL?

Aer Arann aren't coming into Cardiff now.

eastern wiseguy
12th Feb 2006, 00:50
Aer Arann aren't coming into Cardiff now.

That was my point ....:ok:

flower
12th Feb 2006, 12:37
Shouldn't new airline stuff be in the Cardiff thread ?

MerchantVenturer
12th Feb 2006, 13:48
flower,

I have continued the new airline topic (mentioned here by discretion) in the CARDIFF thread.

I posed a question re his/her post and I hope that discretion visits the CARDIFF thread so I might have an answer.

Memo Panel
17th Feb 2006, 13:33
No Speed

Any chance there would be some Schaden freude on your part if AWW did go TU?

No_Speed_Restriction
17th Feb 2006, 14:43
Please educate me as to the meaning of the term "Schaden freude"

flower
17th Feb 2006, 15:15
schadenfreude \SHOD-n-froy-duh\, noun:
A malicious satisfaction obtained from the misfortunes of others.

jamesbrownontheroad
17th Feb 2006, 15:32
Incredible that we use the German word for it, because it's much more of a national characteristic of us Brits (see virtually every other thread in this forum) :}

*j*

No_Speed_Restriction
17th Feb 2006, 15:48
thanks for the education. and as per previous, that was not my intention.

No_Speed_Restriction
17th Feb 2006, 16:16
lady in red:
1.For your info, Im actually in full time employment
2.Why would I go back to flying an ATR with 767 experience
3.I don't wish Air Wales bad luck but was trying to point out to my colleagues(those that I have tolerated of which you were not) to get alternative employment while the airlines are actively recruiting.

3REDS
18th Feb 2006, 14:30
I don't think Air Wales will last until October:(

WOWBOY
20th Feb 2006, 15:31
It's not suprising really but:

Air Wales are no longer selling:

Cardiff-Paris BVA
Cardiff-Belfast City
Mnaxhester-Rennes
Jersey-Rennes
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No_Speed_Restriction
20th Feb 2006, 16:09
so they didnt even get the chance to even fly them.

climbingthewalls
20th Feb 2006, 16:42
NSR,
It sounds to me that Memo Panel has got it spot on.
Why do you post such negative comments about a company that you no longer work for ?

No_Speed_Restriction
20th Feb 2006, 16:49
is it me, or are you people taking my posts too literally. If you read them properly there is no negativity meant. its more of a third person observation of the current "situation" . Although I must agree that there is validity about posting about a company one no longer works for as it just serves as a depressing reminder.

Memo Panel
20th Feb 2006, 18:26
No Sp - I wonder if that airline which serves as such a 'depressing reminder' gave you your first break into commercial aviation...? Perhaps now you are lucky enough to have moved on from such a hideous experience, you should write about something else and not submit your rather negative opinions which might be of some concern to AWW's new crew members.

No_Speed_Restriction
20th Feb 2006, 19:14
Memo panel, I do not have to justify my post to anyone especially you. This is an open forum, bottom line. As you have no personal experience with the airline I'm not expecting you to have a clue as to what I am talking about. Others who have worked for the airline know exactly to what I am referring to. Now change the subject, youre starting to bore me.

Turn It Off
20th Feb 2006, 19:22
PPl chill!!!

I dont think what NSR has written is all that bad; he seems to reflect my opinions (albeit only my opinions) quite well. I dont think the points about 'getting out' are meant maliciously but maybe friendly advice?

From an outsider looking in Air Wales seem to be struggling. It looks like they have had a very hard winter, without looking at the exact figures I would guess a fairly poor on time departure rate, with seemingly a lot of cancellations and route changes would summise it quite well. Load factors I don't have a clue.

Hopefully, the summer schedule will turn things around for them and, as Flower said in an earlier post, "clearing out the deadwood" could be a revival for them.

Good luck for all at Air Wales, looks like these are hard times.

edited for my dire spelling!
Adjusted for my wine intake!

No_Speed_Restriction
20th Feb 2006, 19:25
Turn it off, got it in one. Thanks for echoeing my sentiments (probably in a more democratic way too ;)

RatFace
20th Feb 2006, 19:45
Hey guys, Morissons is doing a deal on Cobra, 3 bottles for £4. :ok:

Hawk
20th Feb 2006, 20:12
Stay on the topic. If the personal sniping continues..the thread will be locked.

3REDS
21st Feb 2006, 14:11
Why does the Lady In Red continue to write such rubbish on here only to remove ALL her posts a day or so later?:confused:

No_Speed_Restriction
21st Feb 2006, 14:45
I agree with 3 Reds.Lady in red, just concentrate on pouring a decent cup of coffee..take your time, its challenging.

Hawk
22nd Feb 2006, 09:12
To those posters who were actively working to make sure this thread was closed
...it worked. ;)