PDA

View Full Version : Woman and Shoes.........what is the attraction

helidecks
9th Feb 2006, 10:30
Ok guys now help me out with this one please.
Girlfriend has been to town and been to a shoe shop and discovered these:

http://http://www.jimmychoo.com/index_flash.html (http://www.jimmychoo.com/index_flash.html)

Now all she can do is talk about them, how she has to have a pair and once tried on nothing is going to change her mind

But instead of the fantastic evening I have booked for the 14th she wants me to take her and choose a pair she likes.:mad:

But I can't warrant paying anything over £350.00 for a pair of bl00dy shoes that will be worn once or twice and then put in the box with the numerous others at the bottom of the cupboard!! :*

Help please………… any one who has daft other halves who think we are made of money and would love to spend the price of a holiday on a pair of shoes!!

She has to be insane!

BlueDiamond
9th Feb 2006, 10:45
I think that is insane. may I ask the question though ... why are you expected to pay for the shoes? Is this a birthday present or something?

Stockpicker
9th Feb 2006, 10:49
Yup, I'm with Bluey - they are truly gorgeous shoes, but it is not your responsibility to shell out your hard-earned dosh so that she can wear them. If she insists, you could always agree to buy them, on the condition that in return she will buy you that Breitling you've always hankered after. :cool:

N380UA
9th Feb 2006, 10:54
I'll pay £350 for the lady… with or without the shoes. :E

AerBabe
9th Feb 2006, 10:59
Shoes have never held that much appeal for me. However, boots ... mmm :p

G-CPTN
9th Feb 2006, 11:00
If you have the cash - do it. If you have to ask the price . . .

What is a trinket to some is a week's wages to someone else and a 'tip' to others. An evening's eating and drinking has only the memory to recall it (hopefully), whereas material goods (however insignificant to others) have a physical presence to cherish. Why should you consider a gem to be a worthwhile purchase but not SHOES? Whatever the lady WANTS she should have. If you don't like her choices, get one that you DO like her choices.

'Chuffer' Dandridge
9th Feb 2006, 11:36
£350 seems a bit steep, but one thing that makes or breaks an attractive lady is the shoes shes wearing. If she looks good, damn the expense...

Mrs CD seems to have a shoe fetish too, and currently has 44 pairs of various types.:confused:

Onan the Clumsy
9th Feb 2006, 12:09
44?!??!!!!??!

:} :} :} :} :} :} :}

oh you have soooooo much to learn

lexxity
9th Feb 2006, 12:19
I'm sorry I don't understand, you won't buy her a pair of Choos? You don't understand why she has to have expensive shoes? Nope, does not compute.:p

BTW - Which pair?

G-CPTN
9th Feb 2006, 12:37
Give her the money Barney!

Let HER decide whether she wants the shoes THAT much or would rather use the money for something else.
When Mrs G-CPTN and myself were first married I gave her an allowance (to buy food!). After a month of household shopping, Mrs G-CPTN gave me some money back, saying that she could manage on less. I decided there and then to set-up a joint account and give Mrs G-CPTN free access to my income, a decision that I never regretted.

As I suggested, if you don't agree with her choices, swap her for another with whom you are content.

tony draper
9th Feb 2006, 12:41
One ventures to suggest that if the self same shoes were 350 pence, they would not be given a second look,its just a kind of snobbery, anyone who pays 350 quid for a pair of shoes just because they have a particular label on em needs their noggin looked at.
:cool:

lexxity
9th Feb 2006, 12:45
What you men don't appreciate is the craftsmanship put into these £350 pair of shoes.

Let me explain it like this Rolex or Swatch? You'd choose the rolex, right?

Or in Mr D's case Fender stratocastor V's £100 amp and guitar from argos.

Same thing with shoes.

And Chuffer 44? Pah, lightweight.:E

Send Clowns
9th Feb 2006, 13:20
Why would anyone buy a Rolex, lexxity? A ridiculous waste of money. I own the nicest watch I have ever seen. It keeps good time, it is an Ingersoll and it knowing how much the young lady who bought it can afford it cost about the same as the Swatch. There is no need to spend £1000 on a watch - it gives no advantage except show.

Same with the shoes. I specifically disagree with Chuffer. What makes or breaks what a woman looks like is the life in her eyes. If I ended up with the sort who only sparkled wearing expensive shoes then I am afraid that is an extremely short relationship. High maintenance women need rebriefing with the option of finding another source of maintenance, not endulging.

P.S. I am not saying I would never buy those shoes. I know women for whom I would if I could afford it. They are women who would never expect such indulgence though, including the one who bought the watch.

powdermonkey
9th Feb 2006, 13:41
350??? that's over 3hours in a C-152 here.....I know what I would spend MY hard -earned money on.....still, if it's nothing to you, then do it, but as other's have said, if she is EXPECTING you to fork out.....mmmmmmmmmm!?
Also, do I understand that instead of the nice evening out you have planned, which is also a nice evening for YOU, she'd rather you spend that money on shoes? cheeky don't u think? I wouldn't do it, but then again I have done some amazingly stupid things to try and impress a girl, including spending money I shouldn't have!!

G-CPTN
9th Feb 2006, 13:43
Women are like cars. Some cost a lot to run, but when the liabilities exceed the pleasure derived it's time for them to GO.

Northern lovely
9th Feb 2006, 14:59
Like any female I LOVE shoes, but I have to admit I wouldn't spend £350 on a pair (unless I owned a money tree).

Ok, so you buy her the Choo's. Then what's next on the list? Us women like to dream about the things that we can't have......that's half the fun! Tell her she'll get as much pleasure out of 'wishing' she owned a pair of Jimmy Choo's! :)

Having said that she'll give you endless pleasure if you turn up with a pair! ;)

tony draper
9th Feb 2006, 15:14
One supposes when the divorce comes round one could annoy her by keeping one of them.
:E

lexxity
9th Feb 2006, 15:19
I give up with you men, you will never understand the attractiob between a commited Imelda and her shoes.

Jerricho
9th Feb 2006, 15:49
As Plazbot can tell you, it's not just women :(

lexxity
9th Feb 2006, 15:52
Is this a hint as to what you bought on ebay? I can just see you in a pair of six inch stilletoes Jer.:} :}

FakePilot
9th Feb 2006, 16:18
Every girlfriend of mine gets a complimentary free pair of knee high boots. So if your wife had a pair when you met her, well, you might want to ask about them .... :E

Hey, as long as my lady doesn't mind me getting a $3100 computer, I'll be happy to get her shoes. Once in a while at least.

Edit: ok, $600 some is a bit much. But if it pleases "she who must be obeyed..." And only for a special occasion!

Jerricho
9th Feb 2006, 16:19
Lexx, do you know how had it is to find a pair in Size 12? :\

Capn Notarious
9th Feb 2006, 16:31
£350 for a pair of shoes outrageous, but not to those with bulging bank account. .
That sort of excess is the tool of a braggart, and everything depreciates.

How much mortgage would that buy.
Five days of a reasonably priced holiday.
Food and facilities are essentials.
Money put aside for essentials and emergencies.

Any chap that gets caught by that deserves to miss a few hours flying.

con-pilot
9th Feb 2006, 16:32
HA! Mrs. C-P takes 5 pairs of shoes for a three day trip. We went on a 10 day cruise and she took one large suitcase that was full of just her shoes.

No I undersand all too well lexxity!:{

(PS, buy the blasted shoes, it will be cheaper in the long run.:p )

Onan the Clumsy
9th Feb 2006, 16:35
do you know how had it is to find a pair in Size 12?not hard at all, in fact I can name several places...

...erm, that I suspect of selling such items.

lexxity
9th Feb 2006, 16:35
Con-pilot I'm not married to you am I?:confused: :confused:

Oh no, I took 13pairs on my last cruise.

p.s. Jer http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEXY-5-HIGH-SPIKE-HEEL-THIGH-BOOTS-BLACK-PATENT-SZ-12_W0QQitemZ7742052319QQcategoryZ63889QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem

Onan the Clumsy
9th Feb 2006, 16:46
Jerr, don't forget to add a size though because a men's size nine is a woman's size 10

...erm, so I've been told

G-CPTN
9th Feb 2006, 16:52
I've heard of big girls blouses :E but those are big girls boots!

Jerricho
9th Feb 2006, 19:40
17" to 24" thigh.......nope, that won't fit.

I'll just have to borrow a pair on Onan's again.

SyllogismCheck
9th Feb 2006, 20:23
I think £350 is perfectly acceptable for a pair of shoes....

....provided that a £350 upper limit is in place for the entire outfit. :E

Just to make the ladies green, I know a young lady who's a model and having nice feet, among other things, does a lot of shoe shoots. She more often than not gets to keep the shoes when she's done. She told me not so long ago that she guesses she has around 30 to 40 pairs of Jimmy Choos (not 30 to 40 pairs of shoes total, that'd be in the hundreds, but just JCs alone) in her wardrobe.

Hey, where's Rara Avis? If anyone can put up a good, convincing argument in favour of high end shoes, I think it may be her.

tall and tasty
9th Feb 2006, 20:33
I love shoes but being a tall lady and with slightly larger feet than the average you can go and buy off the shelf in the shops I have to be selective.

But for me 4 in heels and strappy sandles especially the ones that go up around your ankles like ballet ribbons I love. I also love my high boots which reach my knee and just waiting to get a pair that goes way above the knee, so they can be worn with tight jeans!!

As for Jimmy Choo I love them but, they don't come in my size and I would not want to spend that amount on a pair to be honest, I would prefer to wear a piece of jewellery or an outfit that was designer but did not shout it out!!

But their is nothing nicer than having your shoes removed from your feet by someone else :E

TnT

STS
9th Feb 2006, 21:31
I must confess I own a few pairs of these shoes.
To explain the relationship between wimmin and their shoes is so complex one could probably write a book on it, but lets just say I love those shoes. The higher the heels, the better. The cost isn't just snob value, if you take a close look at the materials used, there are of much greater quality than the average high street pair. Believe me if they cost £35, I would still want them... Oh look, I'm not even going to try to bother justifying this - they're just pretty damn sexy to wear. If anyone were so kind as to buy me a pair I would really appreciate it. However, I would never dream of asking a chap to buy me some. My boyfriends have just learnt not to question my love affair with my heels, and just accept that flaw in my character.
Incidentally, I was at a wedding recently, also attended by some fellow prooners. A few friends asked if they could try on my shoes - including one chap who shall remain anonymous. Next time I should charge, then I might be able to buy another pair sooner.
Now, onto matching handbags...

RaraAvis
9th Feb 2006, 23:22
If anyone can put up a good, convincing argument in favour of high end shoes, I think it may be her. Oh, but diz so simple, one desires pretty shoes 'coz one likes how the aforementioned pretty shoes so beautifully adorn ones feet....:O

Surely a good and convincing argument here, no!?;) Have done myself proud I have...:=

Conan the Librarian
9th Feb 2006, 23:43
Just perusing T&Ts post and must admit to melting. Heels ond oh!! On a tall woman, they do things that are beyond explanation to me. Last week a gorgeous friend of 5'11" or so, of pure (censored for family viewers) pitched up in at least three and possibly four inch heeled strappies. My God... I wil go to the grave with that vision... I have halved in weight since.

As for the idea of someone else taking off your shoes, yes - it can feel very good indeed - especially if they do to sooooo, soooo slowly... and sooooo, soooo tenderly... Last time it happened to me was in the back of a blood truck and performed by a Paramedic. (Male too - bit I couldn't give a XXXX at the time) Still , a broken foot does focus your attention.

See what this thread does to me? I have gone from half a foot to a foot in just two paragraphs :}

Conan

dontpressthat
9th Feb 2006, 23:58
A bit of advice helidecks and to too all those who are unsure...

Give the lady the shoes.. pros far outway the cons, eg:

#Peace and quiet (for a while),
#Plenty of appreciation of the most welcome variety for a few weeks,
#A good chance that, looking at the shoes in question that they wont make suitable driving gear so keeps the shiny prized possesion safely on the drive,
#A valuble bargaining tool for any 'disputes' that may arise,
#justification for a new set of golf clubs or suitable entertainment clobber for your good self
#All that for just a tiny chunk of your wedge that you can probobly recoup by flogging some of her cd's on ebay.. only joking, jewellery is a better bet.

Or is it just me who thinks like this.. Haha... get her the shoes.

DPT

RiskyRossco
10th Feb 2006, 03:11
:eek: Ooohh.. shoe rumours at twenty paces. Someone always ends up in the principal's office. . .

Women and image is a prickly pear of a thing. From the "perfect coiffure" to the glittery things adorning her toenails women are bombarded by marketing and advertising to "please themselves" and, thus, allay the fears constantly besetting her. For this is the basis of expensive apparel. How many shoe-makers are men, btw?
But I digress.
It's never the bauble, or couture, or foot-jewellery but the motivation behind the acquisition. I would first try to uncover, helidecks, why your lady needs Choos. And therein lies the rub. We'll never know as men. ;)
Like Brietlings or Porsche or Kingairs they are purely a statement, more to assuage one's self-esteem than anything else. Personally, if you can afford it and this shoe fetish turns out to be temporary then, by all means, pamper her. To a woman every gift, no matter how insignificant or grandiose, earns one point. It's not the price but the thought. I speak from experience. :O
Every woman should have a great pair of shoes. Only the Imeldas, with the self-restraint of a magpie, can justify spending the GNP of a small country on a houseful. And they need therapy.
FWIW.

tinpis
10th Feb 2006, 04:00
This is one a them fetish thread thingys isnt it?
:E :E

http://fototime.com/%7B4BCF62BF-6EB3-401D-9A55-4FA3F791D7D9%7D/picture.JPG

arcniz
10th Feb 2006, 05:22
Thoughtful response to this question hinges on the status of 'girlfriend'.

If she is a candidate as a future spouse, then perhaps the wiser course is to either say "No" with a smile or, as suggested above, to give her the necessary sum and suggest she use it to purchase something of her choosing that she values.

If she is a good friend, but not a long-term prospect, avoid the speech-making, take her to the store, then buy her the foot-candy. Either that, or find another 'good friend' to indulge at a slower burn rate.

Courtship is rightly a protracted negotiation. One must be careful about setting uncomfortable precedents that may adversely colour the long future.

Rollingthunder
10th Feb 2006, 05:49
Your average "Made in China" as they are mostly made, chinese labourer can knock them off for $20 or so. Prefer to feel nice $20 stockings rubbing past my ears personally.

PA-28-180
10th Feb 2006, 07:38
Hey Onan....:ok:
Just so you know that not ALL the married guys around here missed your point! Ah, but alas...sarcasm is a lost art!

Helli-Gurl
10th Feb 2006, 07:47
I'm a bit of a shoe aholic, about 160 pairs here alone, without what I have back in NZ....

Mostly designer, regularly pay £350-400 for a pair, most expensive pair was £900 (Christian Louboutin)

It'm terrible, regardless wether I have the outfit to go woth them or not, I see a pair I like...no stopping me, I just have to buy :ok:

x

Krystal n chips
10th Feb 2006, 07:58
Well if the mods don't pull it :D this should solve all your problems Jerricho ! :E ;) :ok:

http://www.jemsales.co.uk/jem%20shoes

Helli-Gurl
10th Feb 2006, 08:01
My ex would be in his element shopping there KnC ! ;)

x

Sorry...made you sound like a fast food joint there!

B Fraser
10th Feb 2006, 08:08
Mostly designer, regularly pay £350-400 for a pair, most expensive pair was £900 (Christian Louboutin)

I suppose a girl has to look her best when she's mucking out her horses ....... :ok:........ or do helicopters have perspex panels in the floor so you can show off your latest pair of heels ?

(edited for spelling)

lexxity
10th Feb 2006, 09:52
Right, I have thought about this long and hard and here is the definitive argument for shoes and their lovelyness.

Shoes are there to make you feel and look decorous, they will never make you feel fat once a month by not fitting, a well turned heel makes your legs look longer and slimmer, people (other women) always notice shoes and will envy you your beautifully shod feet, prompting compliments which make you feel even more fabulous, shoes come with matching handbags, a good pair of shoes can escalate a good outfit to a fabulous outfit, shoes make you feel happy, a beautiful pair of shoes will instantly cheer you up.

I think that's about it for now.

BTW Helli-gurl, you are my kind of shoe gal!:ok:

Helli-Gurl
10th Feb 2006, 09:59
Awww thx Lexx

I have a thing for heels...hate flat shoes ...something about a slender heel that does a lot for a girls posture and deportment.

I agree totally, the right pair of shoes really can make a good outfit stunning!

Mind you you do get a lot of guys talking to your feet not your face.....makes a change from my cleavage tho! ;)

xx

tall and tasty
10th Feb 2006, 10:24
I agree totally, the right pair of shoes really can make a good outfit stunning!absolutely agree with that and I hate being told by a chaperon for the evening you are not going to wear those they are too high and make me look short!!!!! Woman should have the chose of shoes and how much we spend as others have said they spend a fortune on watches, computer etc. It is a bit like underwear if it makes you feel sexier than you are more confident out and about and you hold yourself better. If the outfit is good and the shoes do it for you then does it really matter.

TnT

timmcat
10th Feb 2006, 10:26
Okies, how does that explain why certain ladies wear black Doc Martens?

Helli-Gurl
10th Feb 2006, 10:27
I'm waiting for Mr Fraser to be crude and say "you're all the same height lying down!" ;)

B Fraser
10th Feb 2006, 10:47
I'm waiting for Mr Fraser to be crude and say "you're all the same height lying down!" ;)

Some are taller than others :E

crude ??? moi ????

Helli-Gurl
10th Feb 2006, 10:51
yes you!

x

lexxity
10th Feb 2006, 11:00
Timm those ladies are just not Imeldas. Please reread the whole thread.:rolleyes:

tall and tasty
10th Feb 2006, 21:01
or do helicopters have perspex panels in the floor so you can show off your latest pair of heels ?
well actually Mr Fraser yes some of them do!! I would not be able to answer that a few months ago but I have cleaned a few recently and you do get a good view og a shoe

TnT ;)

galaxy flyer
10th Feb 2006, 22:52
Or as Lord Kelvin said..."Large increases in cost with questionable increases in performance can be tolerated only for racehorses and fancy women." :ok:

runningwind
11th Feb 2006, 10:09
Helidecks I would spend a little on your girlfriend and go out and buy her what she really wants, if that is a pair of shoes why not! The pleasure you both will have with a pair of shoes will last for years :E , an evening out is a moment in time.

+'ve ROC
11th Feb 2006, 10:27
methinks that mr choo has done very well for himself out of the 'sex and / in (?) the city' culture.... £350 notes for shoes? you must be joking. Feet were made ugly so that we wouldn't need shoes at all..... you girlies eh..

Helli-Gurl
11th Feb 2006, 12:45
Err,..hate to say this...but Jimmy Choo is infact a woman...two of them to be precise!

RaraAvis
11th Feb 2006, 13:00
Actually, Helli-Gurl, Jimmy Choo exists and is still a couture shoe-maker for the private few. Behind the label, Jimmy Choo are indeed two women, Tamara Mellon and Sandra Choi, the niece of Jimmy Choo.

www.kitmeout.com/jimmy_choo.php (http://www.kitmeout.com/jimmy_choo.php)

Helli-Gurl
11th Feb 2006, 13:02
Correct but for the massess if you buy Jimmy Choo, they are the creations of two women.....or a factory in shenzen more likely

Jimmy Choo the label, was founded in 1996 by Sandra Choi and Tamara Yeardye

RaraAvis
11th Feb 2006, 13:07
Wouldn't really call a pair of Jimmy's a mass market product, beautiful and very well made shoes, great craftsmanship :)

Helli-Gurl
11th Feb 2006, 13:10
these days they are, in a lot of outlet malls now, very affordable only a couple of hundred pounds a pair.....I have several

Personally I am a big Christian Louboutin fan...

tall and tasty
11th Feb 2006, 13:16
Oh poor helidecks if his girlfriend sees this :
http://http://www.internetclothing.co.uk/b/Christian_Louboutin/1/index.html (http://www.internetclothing.co.uk/b/Christian_Louboutin/1/index.html)
Personally I could live with a few of the evening pairs in my wardrobe don't think the bank manager would approve thought!!
TnT:}

RaraAvis
11th Feb 2006, 13:21
How nice for you HG:)
And CL does make lovely shoes, I agree.

Just remembered a quote by Oscar Wilde,Nowadays people know the price of everything, and the value of nothing.;)

Conan the Librarian
11th Feb 2006, 14:18
Arghhh!!!!!! I am just about to take the Dogs for a walk down the riverbank and I just don''t know which pair of boots to put on! Caterpillar, Doc Martin, JCB, Shimmy Jooo - the list goes on and on...

Jetblasters, you have about ten minutes to solve this crisis, or I might go out in something that doesn't match my jeans... Helpppppp!!!!!!!!

Conan

PS This thread has now gone on for several pages and entertaining though it is, the question I want to know the answer to, is why heels make me and many other men melt so totally. There must be a scientific or psychological reason for it.

As I said - 10 minutes!!! Though for the next 9, I am going to peruse some of those weblinks mentioned above....

Onan the Clumsy
11th Feb 2006, 14:19
I'm going to count my shoes after this, but I reckon I probably have about ten pairs of Cole Haan, three or four Johnson & Murphy and some other stuff. What's funny though is that I got them all at garage sales and thrift stores. I would consider $20 about the top price for an (almost) brand new pair of Cole Haan

I got a Joseph Aboud double breasted wool suit for ten bucks :ok:

...and a cat suit, but tI paid full price for that :E

I can see another thread coming on.

Onan the Clumsy
11th Feb 2006, 14:23
I have to admit to a certain penchent for spending my Saturday mornings at garage sales buying other people's cast offs.

I'm not too keen on Estate sales because there's a lot of old useless crap to wade through, but I go to a lot of Garage, yard and moving sales.

What I like is the sport of getting somethign I was sort of looking for anyway at a ridiculously low low knock down price.

So does anyone else share my vice and if so what are the best bergains you've ever got?

Not that i wear suits much, but my ten dollar Joseph Aboud wool double breasted suit with no tailoring necessary is one my better finds.

Just to put it into perspective, I got a cat once (for free), I also bought a car and came within an ace of buying a house.

tall and tasty
11th Feb 2006, 14:29
Conan the Librarian am just about to take the Dogs for a walk down the riverbank and I just don''t know which pair of boots to put on! Caterpillar, Doc Martin, JCB, Shimmy Jooo being an avid dog walker the ones that are waterproof mud proof and the easiest to clean when you get back, that don't rub or if you have to go into the water will not let the water in! I would go for hunters wellies personally.

This thread has now gone on for several pages and entertaining though it is, the question I want to know the answer to, is why heels make me and many other men melt so totally. There must be a scientific or psychological reason for it.

as for answering that god knows probably as much as I love wearing high heels and who cares if it makes me 6'4" but I think high heels as long as they are walked in correctly raise the heel up and set all the leg muscles in alignment and make the leg more appealing to those who want to admire

TnT

ps hopefully within the 10 mins threshold :ok:

Conan the Librarian
11th Feb 2006, 14:36
Well within ten mins T&T, but my Hunters get soooo hot, though the buckles make a nice rural sound...

As for the 6' 4" in high heels ....

Ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod ohgod...:\ :\ :\

Conan

G-CPTN
11th Feb 2006, 14:41
The problem with 'garage' sales (or car boot sales) is that folk have all SORTS of useful stuff, usually at knock-down prices (and they can usually be knocked-down further). I was once told that a bargain is only a bargain if you have a USE for the item(s), but who's to say WHEN one might have a use for something?
I now have a garage (and a shed) full of bargains . .

What I really want now though is a 5ft chain harrow that I can tow behind my 17hp garden tractor to level the mole-hills in the bottom paddock so that I stand a chance of mowing it when the grass starts to grow. Last chain harrow I saw at a sale was three 17ft sections wide!

You don't find many Jimmy Choos at those kinds of boot sales.

Helli-Gurl
11th Feb 2006, 19:08
I won't be coming to your car boot sale then G-CPTN, incase I go home with a garage full of crap...ooops...bargains to! ;)

x

Jerricho
11th Feb 2006, 20:50
at garage sales buying other people's cast offs.

Yeah, just like the Boxing Day sales..........the crap nobody else wants to buy.

Non Normal
12th Feb 2006, 07:37
May I just give an additional explanation for wanting expensive shoes?

I have fairly unstable ankles, and I find that cheaper heels are a little on a risky side for my ankles' well-being, due to lacking in stability, whereas more expensive heels tend to be more stable (don't ask me why - I learnt this from experience!).

So, whereas I would buy a cheaper pair of shoes if the heels are under 3", I would only ever touch heels over 3" if they aren't particularly cheap, because I don't want any more ankle accidents. SAFETY FIRST! :} :} Baaahaha! :E :}

Now, as for the costs, no I don't get any shoe subsidy, unfortunately!

Helli-Gurl
12th Feb 2006, 07:40
You're very right NN, chespshoes tend to be the kind that get the soles of your feet burning after a minimal amount of wear, yet a good quality designer shoe I can wear all day even though the heel is often very high and very slender :ok:

x

lexxity
12th Feb 2006, 08:54
Yeah TnT! You make me seem small in my heels! I am anywhere between 5'10" and 6' in mine!

And I want a pair of those CLs.

I'm going to let you girlys into a secret: Century 21 in New York, the shoe section is AMAZING! I picked up a beautiful pair of Marni courts for US$60! They had Prada boots for US$200, I could have spent all day there,

B Fraser
12th Feb 2006, 08:58
Yeah TnT! You make me seem small in my heels! I am anywhere between 5'10" and 6' in mine!
And I want a pair of those CLs.
I'm going to let you girlys into a secret: Century 21 in New York, the shoe section is AMAZING! I picked up a beautiful pair of Marni courts for US$60! They had Prada boots for US$200, I could have spent all day there,

I think I can hear the distant sound of Helli's car screaming down the motorway to T4 ;)

Helli-Gurl
12th Feb 2006, 09:02
I'm about 5' 10" in mine to......

Helli-Gurl
12th Feb 2006, 09:04
And the screech of Brakes as I stop off at Bicester Village Outlet Mall on the Way, Jimmy Choo open a store there for 3 months every year over the Xmas period and they're having a closing down sale......I sniff a bargain out there to be had

;)

Krystal n chips
12th Feb 2006, 09:17
And the screech of Brakes as I stop off at Bicester Village Outlet Mall on the Way, Jimmy Choo open a store there for 3 months every year over the Xmas period and they're having a closing down sale......I sniff a bargain out there to be had
;)

Another day of traffic chaos on the M40 and a certain junction in the offing then ?;) :D

Helli-Gurl
12th Feb 2006, 09:20
When isn't it......ut usuallyat weekends the tailbacks are due to beople getting off at Junc9 going to the "village"....

Got some good stuff there now, but you do need a bit of luck and to be persistent to find what you really want ;)

x

mmmm....not manage to find me a man there yet!! ;)

Helli-Gurl
12th Feb 2006, 10:45
I'll give them the Ex's in future ;)

x

tall and tasty
12th Feb 2006, 10:47
[QUOTmmmm....not manage to find me a man there yet!!E][/QUOTE]If you do Helli-gurl let me know.............on second thoughts we could open an outlet for men and then have all day checking out those who come in to shop and of course the good looking, iteresting ones have the option to a personal shopper who will help them with all their needs :E

TnT

Helli-Gurl
12th Feb 2006, 10:50
Actually....now you've mentioned it..always thought the place could do with a personal shopper to get people wjatthey're loking for, save time etc....needs a place where guys can hang out (and checked out) save being dragged about by us girls to.....nothing worse than dragging some guy round who isnt into shopping and has a face like a stale kipper for the whole sortie! especially as missions can last 4-6 hours

xx

B Fraser
12th Feb 2006, 11:03
Actually....now you've mentioned it..always thought the place could do with a personal shopper to get people wjatthey're loking for, save time etc....needs a place where guys can hang out (and checked out) save being dragged about by us girls to.....nothing worse than dragging some guy round who isnt into shopping and has a face like a stale kipper for the whole sortie! especially as missions can last 4-6 hours
xx

My eyes glaze over after 15 mins unless it's a hifi shop, B&O, La Senza (not for me, honest :E ) or HMV

Helli-Gurl
12th Feb 2006, 11:16
"La Senza" eh.......Now we know what Scotsmen really wear under their Kilts.....;)

x

tall and tasty
12th Feb 2006, 11:27
La Senza" eh.......Now we know what Scotsmen really wear under their Kilts.....ohhh that is why a couple of weeks ago a scot I was meeting for a drink instisted he met me when I said I was shopping in said store. I declined and suggested I met at the original meeting place, on second thoughts I should have taken him up on it!!

But he was having trouble with a button on his shirt and needed it replacing!!

As for places for me I still say every good mall should have a bar right in the middle of it so that men can congrigate, ladies rush back with the goodies and leave them and off they go again knowing that their loved ones are enjoying sky and a drink with fellow country men!

TnT:E

G-CPTN
12th Feb 2006, 11:27
Do la Senza do a 'Jock' strap?

Tartan partin' too for the girlies ye ken . . .

Helli-Gurl
12th Feb 2006, 11:29
yeah..in silk, satin, leather, lace..pvc u name it.....

x

tall and tasty
12th Feb 2006, 11:39
In fact my daughter pulled a leopard skin, sparkley silver and red one off the pegs and asked what they were!! I had to contain myself with the giggles and explained to her that some men enjoyed wearing them! She looked at me and then said "oh like Pete on Celeb Big Brother House!!!" I could not contain that and said yes darling!!!

TnT

mcluhan
12th Feb 2006, 12:05
can the pprunettes here post some photos of them werang the shoes this thread is all about just for the educational purposes:8 so the lowly male ppruners can see whats the fuss is all about and finally show their understanding and appreciation to the ladies of pprune !:ok: :E :O
i think we have a few pprunettes here who own a pair or two of jimmys so how about that ;)

Non Normal
12th Feb 2006, 12:08
can the pprunettes here post some photos of them werang the shoes this thread is all about just for the educational purposes:8 so the lowly male ppruners can see whats the fuss is all about and finally show their understanding and appreciation to the ladies of pprune !:ok: :E :O

Only if you are prepared to supply the shoes, on a permanent basis! :}

mcluhan
12th Feb 2006, 12:10
but first id like to see if its worth it :E

one little pic each girls :sad:

Non Normal
12th Feb 2006, 12:12
My eyes glaze over after 15 mins unless it's a hifi shop, B&O, La Senza (not for me, honest :E ) or HMV

La Senza? Wouldn't you prefer Rigby & Peller or La Perla?

One thing I do not understand. Why do people (mainly men) think heels are so dangerous for anything involving a pedal or two (excluding bicycles - they don't mix with heels, I agree)? I have had far more "slipping off the pedal" incidents (not led to anything - just slipped off) in flats than in heels - am I a weirdo?

Helli-Gurl
12th Feb 2006, 13:10
Never ever had any probs driving or flying in heels....

Non Normal
12th Feb 2006, 14:24
Neither have I, Helli-Gurl. It baffles me when men keep saying it's dangerous. Not as if they tried it (or so I believe, in most cases!). Or maybe they have tried it and couldn't keep upright! :}

tall and tasty
12th Feb 2006, 17:25
Never ever had any probs driving or flying in heels....I don't do the latter but driving I find I have to have a heel to drive, flatties just don't do it for me. Driving bare foot is almost impossible unless it is a Jeep!!

As fot the footie photos I would need someone to assist me taking photos my arms are not long enough to get a good shot of my feet they are 35 inches away and I don't have a tripod! :O

TnT

Helli-Gurl
12th Feb 2006, 17:27
They only want to have a good perv anyway TnT...I'm not going to indulge their sticky fantasies! ;)

Conan the Librarian
12th Feb 2006, 17:32
T&T I have a very good camera and erm... a monopod. Would that do?

Conan

G-CPTN
12th Feb 2006, 17:34
Here's some boots for starters:-
http://tinyurl.com/cvvkp

And you CAN drive in high heels (sorry I don't have a musical version):-
http://g-blog.net/user/phantomdancer/2003-07-29

PS the singer is 'male'.

G-CPTN
12th Feb 2006, 18:23
There seems to be a bit missing from your photo. You appear to have no wrist . . .
Have you an uncropped version, perchance?

tall and tasty
12th Feb 2006, 18:24
Helli-gurl do they come in lace ups they are just what I was talking about but I have heard the shorter ones come with lace fronts to the top, I would love some with laces up the back all the way to the top!

TnT

Ps your brave for showing your legs to this lot!! Mine are at the moment for selected eyes only :E

B Fraser
12th Feb 2006, 18:33
Blimey, what have I missed ? :O
I have some piccies of me in these (http://www.hanwag.co.uk/acatalog/super_fly-2.html) but somehow I don't think I'll get much in the way of interest :ugh:

Helli-Gurl
12th Feb 2006, 18:33
Here's a proper pair of boots (again) ;)
Pinched them off a shoot I did and no you can't have the pics from the shoot or an un cropped version!
They're great for parties esp round Xmas!
:ok:
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e259/Signora_Matta/boots1.jpg

Helli-Gurl
12th Feb 2006, 18:36
Unfortunately TnT afair percentge of the male population have probably seen my legs at some point during my modelling career, makes you numb to it all

They go really well with a tiny pair of leather hot pants that lace up the sides!

autosync
12th Feb 2006, 18:46
Wow, thay are amazing..

Thank you Heli Gurl!
:8 :8 :E

tall and tasty
12th Feb 2006, 19:12
Helli - gurl never worn hot pants and think I may be too young for me to wear now! but love mini skirts and shorts.
TnT;)

helidecks
13th Feb 2006, 09:01
Helli-Gurl you look about the same size of my girlfriend, fancy being my personal shopper? :E
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr great site links :ok: checked them out and decided to go and get her a pair, on the understanding she has to let me have fun removing them :}
Thanks

CherokeeDriver
13th Feb 2006, 09:41
Buy some paste up Jimmys in Hong Kong for about $100.

Flyt3est
13th Feb 2006, 13:58
Helli-Gurl you look about the same size of my girlfriend, fancy being my personal shopper?

I've got a better idea... you look about the same size as my personal shopper...????;)

tall and tasty
13th Feb 2006, 14:15
I've got a better idea... you look about the same size as my personal shopper...????that explains alot FT:E why you are do well dressed all the time;) Think every man should take note and get one!!

TnT

Helli-Gurl
13th Feb 2006, 15:53
A lot do TnT, they call them Mistresses or Au Pairs! ;)

tall and tasty
13th Feb 2006, 16:10
Au Pairs!ohh I hope not we had those when I was young and to be honest none were good looking. Think my mother made sure of that! But the next door neigbour did have young pretty au pairs! I often wondered why, he had no children!!

TnT:O

Flyt3est
14th Feb 2006, 08:27
You two are encourageable.. don't know about Au Pairs but thats a fine pair further up the page!!:p

tall and tasty
14th Feb 2006, 08:47
You two are encourageable..best way to be ;)

TnT

flugholm
14th Feb 2006, 09:55
And now I'll try to hijack this thread...!
What about handbags? Mrs f admits to having "over 30" handbags. (Not counting sport bags, suitcases, beauty cases, cheapo shopping bags and the like.) And she wants more, of course...!
http://www.smiliemania.de/smilie.php?smile_ID=133

G-CPTN
14th Feb 2006, 10:17
Mrs T had a powerful one!

tall and tasty
14th Feb 2006, 11:03
Mrs T had a powerful one!let me guess with a brick in it :p
Seriously they are good as a self defence weapon if you get mugged. I was in the South of France and found it very useful

TnT

Helli-Gurl
14th Feb 2006, 11:35
Not mine.....barely enuff room for my credit card!

x

Flyt3est
14th Feb 2006, 12:37
I'm reliably informed that a girls handbag should contain enough room for a credit card, a brush, lippy, a condom and clean knickers in case the next day is a sunday!!!:D

Any of you two care to elaborate??

lexxity
14th Feb 2006, 12:51
Only if you're single FT.

G-CPTN
14th Feb 2006, 12:54
And you WEAR knickers . . .

Don't forget the tooth-brush though.

Just ONE condom?

Flyt3est
14th Feb 2006, 13:33
Only if you're single FT

why, what do you carry Lexx?????:E

Helli-Gurl
14th Feb 2006, 14:07
No need to carry more than a credit card....can buy anything I need....or anything fluttering my eyelashes wont get me !

Flyt3est
14th Feb 2006, 15:55
H-G Oh now you really are playing the Flytest game... Thats naughty.. really naughty:E :cool:

tall and tasty
14th Feb 2006, 20:22
Any of you two care to elaborate??as a single lady bag for an evening, lippy, c card, small amount of cash just in case said card is stolen but that is concealed on person! :E moglie, a somethng for the weekend and forget the knickers they take up room extra pair of stockings they are much more useful.:O

But a day bag with the children can have anything but the kitchen sink for little mishaps including sewing kit for that every day emergency ;)

TnT

psAnd you WEAR knickers . .well that is only between me and said date to know

Helli-Gurl
15th Feb 2006, 08:50
And you WEAR knickers . . .?

I wonder what response we'd get if we asked my ex that?.....come to mention it...what does he keep in his handbag?!!

;)

x

tall and tasty
15th Feb 2006, 16:48
what does he keep in his handbag?!!
ohh helli-gurl do we have to even think about that!!!!

But as long as the bag matches the shoes then it is ok! (or compliments then that is acceptable)

TnT :ok:

frostbite
15th Feb 2006, 17:26
(or compliments then that is acceptable)

TnT :ok: ComplEments them dear girl! (unless you have a talking handbag)

tall and tasty
15th Feb 2006, 23:51
ComplEments them dear girl! (unless you have a talking handbag)thank you, for all the years in the institution of our dear Headmistress and her victorian values, English was a subject I used to switch off in, unless it was poetry, I had my mind on other things far more important!!

For sake of argument the bag matches the shoes!! Or at least they look good together!!

TnT:ok: