PDA

View Full Version : Where can i get hold of some FRC's for a Katana?

DRP
9th Feb 2006, 10:16
Hi there,

I have recently just gained a flying scholarship which is to be undertaken either on the Grob 115 Tutor or the Katana. it would be of great use if i could read up on the FRC's before hand and familiarise myself with them. Does anybody know how i can get my hands on a set? Is there any available on the internet?
Cheers,

Dave

EGBKFLYER
9th Feb 2006, 11:01
Excuse me for my ignorance - what are FRCs? :ooh:

I love TLAs...:D

FFP
9th Feb 2006, 13:28
Flight Reference Cards. Contains the checks and emergency procedures.
Can't help you on the FRC's I'm afraid, but for what it's worth I did mine at Wellsbourne Mountford in 95 and loved it.

A report will be written on you, so be careful what you do in and out of the aircraft !! Enjoy it !

EGBKFLYER
9th Feb 2006, 13:51
Cheers. I would call them checklists. Is 'FRC' an American term or RAF? I'm betting the former.

scroggs
9th Feb 2006, 14:54
No, it's an RAF term. It approximates to the QRH in commercial aircraft.

Scroggs

DRP
9th Feb 2006, 20:48
cheers FFP. will definately keep that in mind. tbh i had already thought that was going to be the case. so best behaviour all roun it is then! ;)

finals24
9th Feb 2006, 21:32
I believe that you can get the info from the Diamond website

Port Strobe
10th Feb 2006, 04:57
I can definitely vouch for Diamond website DRP, the flight manual is available for download to all and it appears to be updated rather frequently as well, think I have revision 20 :eek: Not sure about Grob though. Be aware for Katana that there are 750kg and 800kg MTOM versions hence speeds and performance can vary slightly in places, all given in the supplement at the back. Have fun

DB6
10th Feb 2006, 14:13
DRP, you will be on the Grob :ok: . There are no Katanas left at Tayside.

DRP
10th Feb 2006, 15:39
oh good stuff! was hoping for that outcome. brilliant. how sure are you? and have you completed the scholarship yourself?

vigilant_spacey
10th Feb 2006, 15:55
Well done on the scholarship, is it ATC? Did one myself on the Katana a year and a half ago - very nice aircraft, and i might (just might) have a set that was "accidently" taken home with me on the scholarship. i'll check tonight and let you know - although the only thing you need to memorise are the runway checks before you commence take-off.

Vigi

DRP
10th Feb 2006, 15:59
thanks very much! appreciated if you could find some. and yes it is the ATC scholarship one. do you fly vigilants? im currently training up to G1 on them myself at present and fly from samlesbury.

DB6
10th Feb 2006, 22:25
DRP, if it's at Dundee 100 % sure, I was there this morning. Haven't done the scholarship myself but used to teach them.

DRP
10th Feb 2006, 23:06
cheers, thats a great help.
whats the weather generally like around april time up there?

DB6
11th Feb 2006, 07:52
The weather is generally good but you can have problems with fog (called haar) and occasionally crosswinds. If you send me your email address in a PM, I'll send you some Grob FRCs :ok: .