PDA

View Full Version : how long wil the Indian boom last?

divinesoul
9th Feb 2006, 06:06
hi people

I was just thinking how long this Indian aviation boom is going to last?And are we going to see a repeat of airlines folding up like back in the 90s.

already sahara has merged with JET.I mean everyother month read some people with money going to start an airline like crystal air,jagson airlines,magic air and so many in the waiting.

your thoughts and comment please.

Left Wing
9th Feb 2006, 08:29
Many will merge and fold. Jet is already talking to Air Deccan for a tie-up.

The boom is here to stay, smaller cities and towns need to be connected; of course could do with another 10 BOM-DEL daily and 15 DEL-BLR :ok:

proflyer9
9th Feb 2006, 12:21
Hope Your right Left!!!!
I do agree with divines fears tho!!!

Otherwise theres gonna be **** load of unemployed pilots after a couple of years , or maybe earlier!

cheers

masalama
9th Feb 2006, 13:28
divinesol...
ur guess is as good as mine....I wish I could look into my CRYSTAL ball and cast some MAGIC spells but alas.....we all have to GO as the INDIAN market goes.....it could all turn into a deep INDIGO....
in the meantime it is PARAMOUNT to make a sound and wise decision although JAGSON and DECCAN could add a bit of SPICE to your life.....

alrite I've run out of JET stream ....we all EXPRESS-INDIA's concern but remember the KING of all FISHERmen is the AIR INDIA breathes....
masalama

4engines
9th Feb 2006, 16:35
Hey Masalama, cool message i must say.Very creative!!

About the indian boom, i think it is here to stay.Obviously the current rate of growth in the airline sector of around 35% cannot be sustained, but we will definitely see steady growth in the sector for the forsseable future.
The growth in the aviation sector must be seen from the perspective of the general health of the indian economy, which is showing strong growth of around 8% per annum,second only to china.
Also fears about a melt down similar to the early 90s when a lot of private opeartors had to cease operations, though not unfounded are not likely to be repeated again because india is fundamentally a different place now as compared to the early 90s,with liberalisation and opening up of the economy now firmly entrenched irrespective of the political party at the helm.
Aso i feel that lessons from the previous boom in the aviation industry have been well learnt.We might see some more consolidation along the lines of the Sahara-Jet merger, but that is a global phenomenon which does happen industry wide.Of all the new carriers only the ones with sound financial setup and a good business model will remain.
Having said that i feel these are exciting time ahead for the indian aviation industry,flying in india will never be the same again!!
4engines:ok: