PDA

View Full Version : JetAirways India--Compensation/working conditions

Nevrekar
8th Feb 2006, 22:04
I would love to hear from anyone currently with JetAirways on an expat contract. Particularly interested in:

1. Pilot base
2. Pay/Compensation package
3. Quality of life/days off
4. Average hrs flown
5. Morale and general treatment
6. Long term prospects
7. Also if anyone has taken their family there.
8. Training/Medical requirements

Thanks

bafanguy
8th Feb 2006, 22:13
So, you're going to bail on AirTran ?

Nevrekar
8th Feb 2006, 22:21
Not planning on bailing. I was just very curious as I have been approached by 2 contract agencies in the past month. One was Parc and another was Contractair. I have had my details with them from a time when I was furloughed and doing some contract work.

AirTran is doing quite well and I would have to really get a great offer to give up my seniority to go anywhere. I turned down Emirates last month for the very reason. I had an app with EK for almost a decade and I finally got a call--a bit late though.

I do have "previous" expat experience and have enjoyed it for the most part. Also lived in Malaysia, Nepal, Tanzania, India, Lebanon, Jordan, Kuwait. Also done some flying in Indonesia, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Ireland, and Chile.

AirTran Capt pay ranges from USD 120--152/Hr depending on longevity. It is fairly easy to get 90- 100 hrs of pay credit per month. As far as I can tell not too many contracts can offer you
12K-15K per month. Ofcourse then the taxman cometh!!

MaxThrust
13th Feb 2006, 02:41
I was in India 3 months ago and paid my own way there. I was not going to sign onto any deal until I saw for myself what the situation was. Arriving at Mumbai and expecting to be met by Jet Airways transport to take me to my hotel. ( the hotel had not been confirmed before I departed for India) transport fails to turn up and I am stuck at the airport wondering what the hell I was going to do. It was 10pm. The situation was sorted out by some friendly JA staff at the airport and was put into a 5 start hotel at the airport. The next day I was in the sim, which went well and the two check captains that I met there were friendly. It is worth noteing the ground transport was late picking me up for the sim and late taking me back to the hotel. The next day I waited for an interview which never came and the restricted location of the hotel became apparent when I wanted to go out for a meal. There is nothing around the airport and you are a long way from town. The hotel was very expensive and food became boring even after just a few days.

The interview never happened and I was sent my to see the tailor to get measured for my uniform and then of for a review of Jet Airways procedures.( I found out latter that if you pass the sim ride you have passed the interview as well)

By now I was starting to get a good idea of what I was going to be doing. Flying 6 days a week. Can’t drink leagly 18hrs before flying so you can see if you do the math its one day a week you can drink.(they also do random urine test as well) The airline won’t allow expats to fly up in the northern region so you are stuck doind Dehli and Hyderabad etc and that’s about it.
There was one very annoying item that I could not accept and that is the 737NG’s they have are the “screwed up” Southwest Layout. So after flying glass for 15 years I was going back on clocks and I vowed when I first went on glass years ago I would do anything to avoid going back to clocks. So JA was off my list I was unfortunately not going to fly in India. A pity because I was looking forward to the adventure. An attempt to get a job with AIX just wasn’t going to happen because of they are so unorganized, so it was back to my old job.

The pay for a Captain was okay at US $8,600.

Cheers Max :ok:

Nevrekar
13th Feb 2006, 10:22
Thanks for the post--very helpful. Check your PM

High 6
13th Feb 2006, 20:10
Thanks for the good info. Does anyone have any more specific details on the A340 TRE opportunity.

High 6
13th Feb 2006, 20:12
Thanks for the good info MT. Does anyone have any more specific details on the A340 TRE opportunity.

picollo
14th Feb 2006, 16:20
Navrekar pls check your pms