PDA

View Full Version : SEP,CRM,Dangerous Goods

dynamite dean
8th Feb 2006, 21:16
Who, what,where and when and how much to the aforementioned courses more video's to watch...zzzz

Anybody can tell me who can do this at a moments notice sort of thing thanks DD:confused:

Gerund
8th Feb 2006, 21:24
A moment's notice might be pushing it, but Cranfield Aviation, near Fourways, Johannesburg, run courses very regularly if you are up that way. Give them a call on 011 708 2588 and they may be able to help.

wheels up
9th Feb 2006, 01:05
43rd Advanced at Lanseria (NAC) - course is shorter and cheaper. I know because I need to do renewal and need cheapest and quickest.

next one is on the 21st I think. Cranfield run every week, Wed and Thurs for renewals. R1500 for DG and CRM refresher. $%% rip off to watch the same videos I saw on the discovery channel.

saywhat
9th Feb 2006, 08:02
Absolute load of rubish. No other profession is expected to do as much over and over and over again like the flying profession. Money making and paper generating scam. Once you have learned how to blow a fire extinguisher, why re-visit the exercise every year at a cost. Dangerous goods done once is enough. The emergency exits on an aircraft don't change position over time. This sort of stuff is all good and well for airlines with big budgets, but for the general aviation industry, all it does is generate more profits for some, and make it even more expensive for others to enter the industry.

I don't have a problem with the concept as a whole, but I for one object to having this forced on me every year. I have learned nothing new in the four years of renewals I have done, but I am much poorer for the experience!!!!!!!!

Solid Rust Twotter
9th Feb 2006, 08:23
Well, you've learnt it's a scam so it's not all wasted.:(

Look on the bright side, it justifies the existence of something at CAA that would otherwise be weaving baskets in a restful facility somewhere...:hmm:

south coast
9th Feb 2006, 10:16
hello gerund...

when did you get out of prison?

there are some very foxy women working there too.

dynamite dean
9th Feb 2006, 21:01
Thanks fellers well yip a bigger pain for me as I am busy converting my SA ATPL so if the 15 exams including CPL/ATPL then another 14 for JAA then how to pressplay on the video recorder - oh well I don't know who is the bigger arsehole me or the CAA times two!:E :E :E

south coast
10th Feb 2006, 09:47
hey dean...

if i understand your posting correctly, you are doing the sa atpl and then the uk/jaa atpl?

if so, why are you bothering with the sa atpl, as it wont make any difference to converting to the jaa atpl, will still need to do the 14 exams, the cpl/ir and once a multi pilot type rating is completed and you have 500 hours multi crew time, they will give you the green book.

i know because i have done it.

just a consideration in saving money?

Cessnafan
11th Feb 2006, 15:14
Absolute load of rubish. No other profession is expected to do as much over and over and over again like the flying profession. Money making and paper generating scam. Once you have learned how to blow a fire extinguisher, why re-visit the exercise every year at a cost. Dangerous goods done once is enough. The emergency exits on an aircraft don't change position over time. This sort of stuff is all good and well for airlines with big budgets, but for the general aviation industry, all it does is generate more profits for some, and make it even more expensive for others to enter the industry.
I don't have a problem with the concept as a whole, but I for one object to having this forced on me every year. I have learned nothing new in the four years of renewals I have done, but I am much poorer for the experience!!!!!!!!

Agreed, money making racket!

jimmythegong
11th Feb 2006, 15:38
Agreed, money making racket!
I :mad: :mad: :mad: WOULD LIKE TO WHOLEHEARTEDLY SECOND THE MOTION --- NOTHING BUT A RACKET! SHAME ON THEM IN POWER....