PDA

View Full Version : bmi Dec figures

teifiboy
8th Feb 2006, 20:44
Pax down 11.4% although capacity down 4.5%. Still worrying though.

WHBM
9th Feb 2006, 07:42
What these figures do not identify though is the loss of high-yield business passengers who have been turned off by attempts to rebrand the airline as a low-cost operator.

Would be interesting to know the contribution the new Saudi/India routes are making, if any.

HZ123
9th Feb 2006, 08:36
Surely BMI would be an ideal purchase for BA, it would solve crew manpower shortages and complement the BA LHR operation.

potkettleblack
9th Feb 2006, 09:10
Its sad to see BMI losing its way as they had a great little niche and network and a band of loyal customers. When the other major airlines were binning inflight service and free coffees I purposefully booked BMI even if slightly more expensive as a show of loyalty. My loyalty went out the window when the 10p or whatever it must have cost them to give me a freeze dried coffee on an hour long flight eats into their profit margins so much and they no longer do through checking of bags unless you have a BMI ticket for your entire route. Hence its online booking and whoever is cheapest now.

EI-CFC
10th Feb 2006, 18:57
Surely BMI would be an ideal purchase for BA, it would solve crew manpower shortages and complement the BA LHR operation.

I doubt they would be allowed to swallow up bmi - I suspect that unlike how they swallowed up BCal and Dan in the 80's, the government wouldn't look all too kindly on it.

teifiboy
10th Feb 2006, 21:15
nope, there would be a monopolies issue with respect to the dominant position it would have at LHR

Count von Altibar
10th Feb 2006, 22:20
And so it's over to Nigel Turner then. What's the new plan if the last new plan has failed? This company is suffering a slow death...

doo
10th Feb 2006, 23:12
I read in Business Traveler Magazine that Air Canada is to offer an al la carte pricing menue for fares, and extras i.e like bmi( and were given a good review), and also SAS as well. It seems the way of the future as now others are following suit.