PDA

View Full Version : AAITC

miles offtarget
8th Feb 2006, 20:17
I posted a thread on the 'where are they now' forum enquiring about members of 155 AAITC who were at Finningley 1989; and that got me thinking...does anyone have any ITC / Gatehouse stories to tell?

I understand that the course is pretty easy these days.......

There that should do it ! ;)

Cheers,

MoT

Door Slider
8th Feb 2006, 20:58
I went through AAITC in 98, yeah it was pretty easy. However, still much harder and more intense than IOT. And of course producing a better end product in less than half the time!

miles offtarget
11th Feb 2006, 16:47
Mike,

Blue Cunningham was still there in '89, but as the lead CSRO/Hill Safety Officer. He impressed (?) us on the LSE Moortrek by declining accomodation in the DS B and B in order to try out some new hides and parachute covered holes in the local undergrowth.

Very keen, and an excellent instructor. Many years later I had reason to do a similar course run by an army regiment near D147 and much of his good advice came back to me.

Anyone remember 'double double pine poles' ? Ahhh, leadership eh.

Cheers,

MoT

Anita Bush
11th Feb 2006, 17:25
Gatehouse Rock Festival
:cool:

Pontius Navigator
11th Feb 2006, 17:39
Blue was posted to a particular unit in Germany about 1990. Next we heard he had a deep wind-blown sun tan.

filthytabber
14th Feb 2006, 17:00
How can such delicate matters as Gate House be revealed in the public domain? We used to have to pass AAITC to live there with its all its joys. 93 Cse that was, much harder then, no health and safety, ditch runs, full kit and pine poles round the triangle.....wimper wimper...

bwfg3
14th Feb 2006, 17:51
I was on 154, where Guy Hunton(god bless him) murdered Steve McNamaras goldfish by cleaning the pebbles with brasso. We spent the day practicing the slow march before laying the fish to rest with full military honours. Chas M on the harmonica did the last post, and we had the shoe box coffin enclosed in a A4 paper union flag.:}

doris day
22nd Feb 2006, 10:48
Anyone remember the No2 stripper show, was a bit cheeky. Only big D@@@ was able to go up on stage. Mr Spoons v dodgy but i have said enough.

ITC good judge of charachter, split the men from the boys, and prepared you for when the chips were down.

richlear
22nd Feb 2006, 17:09
The Gatehouse rock festival...ahhh...the days!

The Sunday morning parade was not so much fun though.....

Went through on 118 in '83..where are you now Pete S, John P, Taff, Nige and all the other miscreants?

Mr_Magoo
23rd Feb 2006, 14:33
From what I remember of the aftermath from the GHRF .... I was standing behind one reprobate on the "punishment" parade who had a hicky the size of a golf ball on his neck. He hunched up his shoulders to hide the mark ..... and promptly got yelled at to get a hair cut as his hair now touched his collar at the back!

Said reprobate is now commissioned and on exchange in Canada (lucky b*!).

Oh, and don't forget the story of the lady and the wine bottle at number 16!?!?!?

blue_c
23rd Feb 2006, 19:56
Noted my name a few posts back after being tipped off regarding the fact that there are still some alive who remember me!

I'm just running up to my retirement (yep - still wearing the same blue suit, although I wore a pretty cabbage pattern for about 10 years) and due to depart Gibraltar in about 6 months time. I managed to get a several 'wind blown sun tans' before they decided that I would probably enjoy the snow and ice of Bosnia for a couple of tours. A tour in Moscow, 6 months in FI and the last 3 years in Gib. Do you think that someone is trying to keep me out of the UK?

Regards to all those out there that know me, and sorry for being a BOF for those that don't.

68 AAITC - now that was a few weeks back, wasn't it!