PDA

View Full Version : Biz jet ID

hobie
8th Feb 2006, 17:53
Could someone help me with the ID of this aircraft ......

Biz jet
MD80 style tail
Front winglets under Cockpit (aka Russian Concorde style)
wings positioned behind pas cabin
Engines appear turboprops with rear mounted props
8/10 seater(ish)

I should know the answer but first one I've seen ....

cheers ....

spanishflea
8th Feb 2006, 18:01
Piaggio Avanti?

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0993782/L/

hobie
8th Feb 2006, 18:45
Piaggio Avanti?

That's the one .... thanks a million ... :ok:

Flintstone
9th Feb 2006, 16:55
Biz jet?:\

spanishflea
9th Feb 2006, 17:07
Well I wasnt going to say anything, I've been enough of a pedant this week already!

south coast
9th Feb 2006, 17:24
whats yellow and mows the lawn...?

chevvron
9th Feb 2006, 19:05
Yeah but why do Piaggio always make noisy aircraft? I remember the P136 and P166 years ago also with pusher props and equally noisy.
They did make a bizjet years ago - the PD 808 Vespa Jet; during its Farnborough display it actually looped! Rarely see them nowadays though, but an aerobatic bizjet? How do they keep from spilling the champagne?

hobie
9th Feb 2006, 20:18
Well I wasnt going to say anything, I've been enough of a pedant this week already!

whats yellow and mows the lawn...?

Biz jet?:\

I really must stop quoting national newpapers .... :) .... the photo I spotted was entitled "xxxx boards Jet in France" ..... having never seen the aircraft before who am I to argue with the powers and accuracy of the British national press :rolleyes: .... come to think of it don't answer that one ..... :p

Of course I suppose I was really hoping it might be in the style of an 'unducted Fan engined' aircraft aka ' GE -36 UDF', but I guess that was being somewhat optimistic .. :(

I was thinking of going back and editing my original post but then how would future readers of the thread understand all the 'exitement' in the replies above :p

So I will just let it rest and be pleased that someone (spanishflea no less) answered the question to my complete satisfaction ... :ok: