PDA

View Full Version : Walk The Line

VFE
8th Feb 2006, 16:55
Hi folks,

Went to see the new film about Johnny Cash this afternoon and thoroughly recommend seeing it. As films about famous musicians go it's a good one. Definately did not seem to be 2.5 hours long - always a sign of a good film.

VFE.

Gingerbread Man
9th Feb 2006, 09:13
I'll second that - very enjoyable. And damn is Reese Witherspoon hot! :D

GBM :)

UniFoxOs
9th Feb 2006, 09:24
Thanks for the tip, guys. Being a JC fan I was wondering whether to go or whether it would be a real let-down, as some of these "biopics" often are.

I will now definitely be going.

UFO

phnuff
9th Feb 2006, 11:21
I saw the tv documentary about Johnny on Sunday. What a dood. The film just has to be next

Parapunter
9th Feb 2006, 11:25
Can I just say for the record, that Johnny Cash rules. I thank you.

Romeo Delta
9th Feb 2006, 15:59
I'll add my kudos to this film. Saw it on the suggestion of a co-worker, and I was very impressed. I could rave on about it, but I'll leave it all to y'all to see it for yourself.

VFE
9th Feb 2006, 17:07
It was captivating. Could not believe it was over two hours long. The guy who played Cash was great and his voice got more mature as the film progressed and his character aged which is either good acting on his behalf or clever trickery from the sound dept! Either way, they made a good job of it which was largely due to the love story re:June Carter, and the performance of her by Reese Witherspoon who's very easy on the eye. We all love a good love story and theirs was very unique.

The only rival musician movie I can think of would be Oliver Stones: 'The Doors', but it's probably better than that IMHO.

VFE.

Ozzy
9th Feb 2006, 17:40
How does it compare to "Ray" with Jamie Foxx?

Ozzy

VFE
9th Feb 2006, 19:10
Much better than 'Ray' but that might be because I'm more a Cash fan than Charles.

VFE.

TimS
9th Feb 2006, 21:33
As I said earlier on another thread .... Despite not being a music person in anyway, one has always rather liked Johnny Cash - just seen 'Walk the Line' - I don't do films either, but rather enjoyed it - recommended !

window-seat
9th Feb 2006, 23:35
Hey VFE,

Has this new women in your life softened your tastes???

here's a music based film I'm sure you will not be missing!!

Death On The Road
DVD - Out Monday 6th February

- 2 hours of spectacular concert footage
- Exclusive 80 minute Dance Of Death documentary
- 90 minutes of behind the scenes footage
- Promo videos
- Live and studio photo galleries

Can't comment on it myself however!!!

your old mate W-S:}

mines a cruz campo!!

Romeo Delta
10th Feb 2006, 00:39
How does it compare to "Ray" with Jamie Foxx?

While I liked both movies, I sensed more feeling and emotion out of Joaquin Phoenix's performance; and more growth of the character. Jamie Foxx did an excellent job in Ray, but Joaquin Phoenix did better, in my opinion.

Dea Certe
10th Feb 2006, 00:43
I read in an article about the movie, Johnny Cash himself chose Mr. Phoenix to play the part. Seems they spend a great deal of time together before Mr Cash passed on.

Great movie, well worth seeing.

Dea

pigboat
10th Feb 2006, 01:53
Saw it just before Christmas, excellent movie. I'm old enough to remember when Johnny Cash began his recording career, and I thought that Phoenix did a fine job portraying him. :ok: