PDA

View Full Version : Best Priced PPL(H) Dual Instruction Rate in UK?

Garfs
8th Feb 2006, 14:57
I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the best/lowest priced PPL (H)dual instruction rate?

The best I have found so far is GBP 200 per hour plus VAT(I dont have a pound sign on this PC)

Any info much appreciated.

Thanks

cyclic flare
8th Feb 2006, 15:08
[QUOTE=Garfs]I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the best/lowest priced PPL (H)dual instruction rate?

Where are you based. You will find it for £195.00 in the north of England, if you buy 10 hours at once

mongoose237
8th Feb 2006, 15:30
Those prices are very good, but remember cheapest isn't always best.

There are other good sweetners to negotiate with other than hourly rate. Free written exams is always a good bargaining tool; schools don't haemorrhage too much by offering them whilst to the student they can be worth quite a lot money.

Garfs
8th Feb 2006, 16:05
I live in the North West, near Liverpool. £195 sounds good, would you be able to PM me the details?

And yes I do understand price is not the bottom line, but many other things like instructors and ground exams as was mentioned, but I just want to see what the schools with cheapest dual rates are like.

Thanks

helicopter-redeye
8th Feb 2006, 20:25
Dual instruction rate for PPL(H) in a ..... what ???

The rate varies depending upon the charriot what one fly's in. An R22 will be less than a 269 or a 44.

h-r;)

Garfs
8th Feb 2006, 21:13
Dual instruction rate for PPL(H) in a ..... what ???
The rate varies depending upon the charriot what one fly's in. An R22 will be less than a 269 or a 44.
h-r;)

Yes an R22 would be correct :)

jc1234
8th Feb 2006, 21:30
im learning to fly a Barton with a excellent instructor, i visited schools at Blackpool and Liverpool had trail lessons then got a recommendation off pprune for my current instructor. We also fly in between Woodford and Blackpool.

Im paying around the figure mentioned.

if you want his number pm me

helicopter-redeye
8th Feb 2006, 22:03
For an R22, range £230 - £190/ hr with reductions down to £180/ 165 if paying for a lot up front (like 40+hrs).

It may be possible to negotiate a lower rate by buying a block of hours from a private owner and paying for the instructor at the RF/ FTO, but I guess the 'best' (cheapest) will be £170/hr

All PLUS VAT, of course.

h-r;)

NB base rate for a 300 about £230 - £260 + VAT.

Islandcrazy
8th Feb 2006, 23:05
Cheapest isnt always best. I did not learn at Liverpool but have flown a few times there. Interesting mix of flying area around Liverpool and towards Chester. Instructors are very friendly and I would recommend them.

Weathers naff though...come to the Caribbean...fun in the sun :)

IC

PENNINE BOY
12th Feb 2006, 23:50
Durham tees Valley aka (Teeside)
Great place to train, no extras like visiting the hover square. Loads of space on the airfield with accomadating ATC.
So good I travelled from manchester every weekend!!!!!!
Northern Aviation
£185 + vat including all landings