PDA

View Full Version : Emerald

dobby1962
8th Feb 2006, 09:19
Any news on the rumour that they are losing or giving up their Shorts

EI-CGO
8th Feb 2006, 10:53
I think loosing 'may' be the operative word.

Is this because the Streamline deal is about to be null and voided ?

Seems like a long time ago that deal was done, but then I suppose a bit like a house, if you cant keep up the payments, someone will come and take it away from you.

Daede1
8th Feb 2006, 13:10
Could be the bank is forcing a sale of assets to repay against their debts.
Pure supposition, but makes sense for them.

EI-CGO
8th Feb 2006, 13:23
Could be the bank is forcing a sale of assets to repay against their debts.
Pure supposition, but makes sense for them.

Purely supposition too, but that only works, if, in the first place you told the bank the real value of said assets.

Daede1
8th Feb 2006, 13:26
Good point, but if the bank is forcing a sale, then they dont really care what value has been assigned, they just want as much as possible, as quickly as possible.
Valuations only matter in calculating interests on debt accrued against assets.

EI-CGO
8th Feb 2006, 13:58
Good point, but if the bank is forcing a sale, then they dont really care what value has been assigned, they just want as much as possible, as quickly as possible.
Valuations only matter in calculating interests on debt accrued against assets.

Absolutely, but say 'hypothetically' a company were not doing too well with the bank, so they told them that the assets were worth a hell of a lot more than they actually were.

Great, the bank are happy as they think that at least the assets are there if it all goes wrong and at least they will get some of their money back, so they let them continue on.

Imagine the banks reaction when they discover that what these assets were valued at on paper is way off the mark to what they are actually worth, I wouldnt imagine that they are very happy and would be well within their rights to demand that action is taken (the rumours about the shorts fleet being sold to BAC ??), of course its all hypothetical.

Ops Bangle
8th Feb 2006, 16:25
Some of the Shorts fleet has been up for sale for some time.

A quick troll around the internet will give you the details i.e

"4 Shorts SD3-60-200 Available for Sale!
"Build Your Own Spec"
We have 10 aircraft to choose from. 1983-1987. Mix & Match engines, props, airframe to meet your requirements. Contact us today for detailed information".

EI-CGO
16th Feb 2006, 07:44
Should be an interesting day at Portacabin towers today with the bank AND the accountants popping in for tea and biscuits.

part69
16th Feb 2006, 08:15
The end of the financial year is up and coming! why shouldn't the bank managers and accountants pop in for tea and biscuits?:O

Daede1
16th Feb 2006, 08:28
Because Emerald Airways year end is 31/08 this year, not april.
Year end is when the company decides it is.

Methinks there should be some interesting discussions there today...

EI-CGO
16th Feb 2006, 09:57
The end of the financial year is up and coming! why shouldn't the bank managers and accountants pop in for tea and biscuits?:O

Nothing to worry about then:)

So why take a team of lawyers along too then:confused:

bacardi walla
16th Feb 2006, 10:27
Are BAC on the comeback then :uhoh:

Daede1
16th Feb 2006, 11:01
Bet its taken over by private equity.

EI-CGO
16th Feb 2006, 11:23
Bet its taken over by private equity.

Yes by all accounts thats what the early indications seem to be.

I dont think the Shorts fleet, and some other bits and pieces will be included in that tho.

I wonder what the RM and others are making of it all ??

Daede1
16th Feb 2006, 13:25
Bet the whole fleets included....

Dartdriver
17th Feb 2006, 07:53
Well its the day after yesterday the birds are all flying and not a suit in sight - me thinks EI-CGO and Daede 1 are telling a few porkies - grinding axe comes to mind - perhaps they would like to tell us more!

Daede1
17th Feb 2006, 08:16
Wait and see sonny jim.

one dot right
17th Feb 2006, 08:17
Where's Dada when you really need him?:E

Dartdriver
19th Feb 2006, 19:16
So Daede 1 and EI-CGO what lies and fabrications are we concocting for this week - wonder if you will ever have the b**ls to share with everyone what your gripe is - then again its easy to throw stones from a distance isn't it ???

Daede1
20th Feb 2006, 08:59
Is balls a swear word?
Dartdriver, get off your high horse - no one is casting aspersions on Emerald that havent already been mentioned on Pprune. I think you will find that most people would like to see Emerald keep going, but are intrigued at the way the company seems to lurch from one crisis to another.
If you have a problem with anything that is said on here about Emerald, then feel free to comment, but dont be such an idjit and assume that anyone will pay attention to you when you talk sh*te.
Also ref gripes with Emerald - i have none, quite the opposite in fact.

Dartdriver
20th Feb 2006, 11:14
Doesn't really matter if it is a swear word of not - no one seems to monitor this site anyway - looking at the speed they reply to emails or complaints.

For a person who say's they have no gripe or axe to grind you seem to enjoy peddling un-substantiated rumours a lot.

Perhaps you might one day step back and just think for once what effect these may have on the good people who work night and day for Emerald.

But then again, using your own words you don't give a s**te!

CR2
20th Feb 2006, 11:28
The site is monitored.

"un-substantiated rumours"

PPRuNe is a Rumour Network.

Daede1
20th Feb 2006, 12:38
Merci bucket for pointing that out. I think some people forget that fact.

Dartdriver
20th Feb 2006, 16:38
well if that is the case CR2 perhaps someone may have the good manners to reply to legitimate emails !!!!!

Germstone
20th Feb 2006, 19:58
my contacts at gem tell me there is a big announcement due shortly???

EI-CGO
21st Feb 2006, 14:48
Well its the day after yesterday the birds are all flying and not a suit in sight - me thinks EI-CGO and Daede 1 are telling a few porkies - grinding axe comes to mind - perhaps they would like to tell us more!

If, like you seem, someone in command of the FACTS, then you will know full well that a meeting extremely important to the future shape of Emerald took place on the 16th, if you have facts to the contrary then please feel free to share them.

So Daede 1 and EI-CGO what lies and fabrications are we concocting for this week - wonder if you will ever have the b**ls to share with everyone what your gripe is - then again its easy to throw stones from a distance isn't it ???

Oh, and I have NO gripe or bitterness with Emerald whatsover, at no time have I ever concocted anything or repeated something I hadnt heard on good authority, after all this is a RUMOUR board isnt it ?

If you are connected with Emerald why should RUMOURS about private investment, or potential new backers be such a major issue to you as your posts seem to indicate, surely this is POSITIVE and may be the best thing to happen to the company for a long time, or are you someone who stands to loose out, or see an empire collaspse with the arrival of fresh ideas ??

dada
23rd Feb 2006, 05:29
dada's still here. i used to have a great saying about this lot. anyone remember what it was........?!

one dot right
23rd Feb 2006, 07:11
Something about excrement precipitation wasn't it?:E

Dartdriver
23rd Feb 2006, 13:00
EI -CGO says:

"Should be an interesting day at Portacabin towers today with the bank AND the accountants popping in for tea and biscuits."

EI - CGO says:

"If you are connected with Emerald why should RUMOURS about private investment, or potential new backers be such a major issue to you as your posts seem to indicate, surely this is POSITIVE and may be the best thing to happen to the company for a long time,"

Am I missing something here. Are not the comments and insinuations made in post one (and the effect it has on people connected with Emerald) especially with the tea and biscuits jibe, totally opposite to those made in Post 2 ???

EI-CGO
23rd Feb 2006, 14:00
Am I missing something here. Are not the comments and insinuations made in post one (and the effect it has on people connected with Emerald) especially with the tea and biscuits jibe, totally opposite to those made in Post 2 ???

I think you must be of a VERY sensitive dispostion if you think my comments have a detramental effect on those connected with Emerald.

For that sort of thing all you need do is a search of these pages and you will find plently more with an axe to grind than me, with a hell of a load more nastier things to say.

Lets just see what happens now, an announcement in the first few weeks of March (????), contrary to what you think I have my fingers crossed that FRESH ideas are coming in.

Daede1
23rd Feb 2006, 14:41
Is there still that airline running HS748's around Lokkichoggio in Kenya?

Germstone
23rd Feb 2006, 18:01
do i detect MOB's empire shrinking..??

probably not a bad thing

fresh ideas are one thing emerald does need

EI-CGO
28th Feb 2006, 07:52
Looks like the 10th of March will be a busy day at Portacabin towers by all accounts.

(Thats not too much of an insinuation for you is it DARTDRIVER?)

Germstone
1st Mar 2006, 20:20
seems to be a lot of emeralds 748 fleet at blk

JD,FW,UV,BA,EI ??

an ATP and at least 2 360s

Fred Shed
2nd Mar 2006, 13:45
Not looking too good is it. Have they got anyone to fly them? Or have they been robbed of parts? Also rumour the lights are off at CVT - any news?
The last one out won't even be able to do that now!!!

Daede1
2nd Mar 2006, 16:09
This is my poker face :suspect:
Keep an eye on developments over the next coupla days.

Fred Shed
2nd Mar 2006, 17:01
This is my just fell flat on my a**e cause its pitch black in the hangar face :eek:

Say again s l o w l y
2nd Mar 2006, 20:23
Oh dear, I hope this is just a temporary thing for all my ex-colleagues.

Good luck chaps/chapesses

Germstone
3rd Mar 2006, 14:40
quickQ for the budgie drivers

is it one of you lot that flies overhead Blackpool most nights at around midnight............definatly sounds dart to me?

Parcelpup
8th Mar 2006, 04:19
Any news yet or any big announcements?

Do you guys have any clue who you'll be working for in a week's time??

:)

EI-CGO
8th Mar 2006, 07:36
Like I say, the 10th is the 'big' day for all concerned.

My 'spies' tell me the news should be good for the rank and file, but maybe not so good for certain others !!

NG708
10th Mar 2006, 13:20
So any big announcement?

ToneTheWone
11th Mar 2006, 09:14
Set my alarm clock last night. Got up at the crack of dawn, logged on and NOTHING!

I'm going back to bed:zzz:

Mr Magoo
24th Mar 2006, 14:14
So, any news then........:confused:

Germstone
24th Mar 2006, 16:45
like most things at emerald they cant even get the dates right for big announcements !

coopervane
25th Mar 2006, 00:05
Who would be good for Emerald?
Who would invest and improve?

I always thought the ideal candidate would be Air Atlantique (Atlantic Group)

They fly a museum too and are no strangers to oil leaks!

I remember the first plane I ever worked on when I came out the RAF was an Air Atlantique 748!!!

The whole thing would be very British and I reckon would carry on for many years.

All you Leather Jacket and Oily overalls dudes............what do you think??

Coop & Ruskin Air Services Bear

The Red Max
25th Mar 2006, 00:38
Who would invest and improve?
How about Kermit Weeks, surely the museum is the only thing the 748 is good for!

SM82
25th Mar 2006, 02:53
quickQ for the budgie drivers
is it one of you lot that flies overhead Blackpool most nights at around midnight............definatly sounds dart to me?

most probably is the service to EDI

Germstone
25th Mar 2006, 07:11
cheers sm82 for the reply :)

I am led to believe that air atlantique indeed appraoched emerald some time ago.

But apparently AJ was insulted by the amount of £ on offer

Mr Magoo
27th Mar 2006, 12:55
STILL no news then??? :zzz:

EI-CGO
29th Mar 2006, 13:54
STILL no news then??? :zzz:

I think the news/changes will start filtering out over the next few weeks.

I expect training will be occupying the minds of those at the top over the next few days.

bacardi walla
29th Mar 2006, 15:45
How come Emerald need an Ops Manager ? Did the old one get the push or did he see light at the end of another tunnel ?

Mr Magoo
29th Mar 2006, 18:49
ANY form of sensible management would be a major bonus........:uhoh:

EI-CGO
30th Mar 2006, 11:45
How come Emerald need an Ops Manager ? Did the old one get the push or did he see light at the end of another tunnel ?

I get confused at where they are up to on Ops Managers, but if the last one I met is the one you are referring to, then thats a real shame, he seemed to be attracting a decent calibre of staff to the place, funnily enough I hear they didn't hang around too long either.