PDA

View Full Version : Financials during the MCC to Airline Transition

Mintflavour
8th Feb 2006, 09:09
Hi
A query to aid financial planning when people finally get a job.
Looking into CTC ATP scheme a little deeper last night as I am now half way through my IR. Assuming you are successful and you are put into the holding pool and then an Airline picks you up for a type rating and 6 months line training. At the point of being picked up by an airline you will have to give up your day job, but then (according to the write up) you may not get paid at all by the airline during this 6 months of training or if you are lucky and the airline agrees you may get upto £5-6K.
Does this also apply to the scenario where: you attain an MCC from where ever (non CTC route) and you finally get picked up by an airline who agrees to type rate and line train you (understand that this is more likely to be a TP outfit). Do airlines start you on some tiny amount or zero pay unitil you finish your line training, or do some pay respectable portion of your final/qualified salary.
It sounds like this could also be a very tough stage financially if for example, you give up your day job and therefore no income, and relocate.
I am looking for replies giving experiences and advice paticularly from pilots and trainees who have either got to, or through this stage with other financial responsibilities such as mortgages etc.
Thanks
Mint
PS. Scroggs, I was unsure which wannabe forum this thread was most applicable to, but feel free to move it if required.