PDA

View Full Version : Flying in India...

pilotezulu
7th Feb 2006, 23:50
hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you know the prospects of flying in india after obtaining a CPL/ME/CIR/ATPL in Australia. Can one get an Oz ATPL converted in India easily? How about medicals? What are the logistics involved?

Can one get in with the airlines as as F/O once you obtain an Indian CPL/ME/CIR? How many hours do they typically look at before an airline does hire you as an F/O?

I know the indian system can be rather slow when it comes to government offices... or are the DGCA well ahead of their time?

Any info would be great.

I do have working rights in India.

Nevrekar
8th Feb 2006, 00:45
From all indications jobs are plentiful in India right now if you have the basic requirements--ATP and/or CPL with a couple of hundred hours. If you are an Indian National then an F/O job should be easy to acquire. Just go to jetairways or spicejet websites and apply on line. The hiring airline usually takes care of the DGCA requirements and red tape. Right to work and Indian national might not quite mean the same thing. You may have to clarify the status. India now offers OCI--Overseas Citizen of India---sort of dual citizenship to those who are of Indian origin. But I am not sure if that is being considered as being an Indian national.

Left Wing
8th Feb 2006, 03:37
INDIAN PASPORT IS A MUST TO FLY IN INDIA AS AN FO

on_the_right
8th Feb 2006, 05:40
well buddy .. if u dont have an indian passport .. i suggest u get married to an indian girl and get it ! ... we all dream of an airline job ... this seems small compared to other hardships !
i am on the lookout myself :P
cheers,

OTR

pilotezulu
8th Feb 2006, 10:22
hmm... guess I'm pretty safe to have an Indian passport right now. Gosh, the market there is booming I hear. Better get that CPL & ATP soon.

thanks for your replies guys. glad to know i may have a positive future. :)