PDA

View Full Version : Incident at Glasgow on Monday

low flyer
30th Jan 2002, 16:41
Does anyone have any more details about the incident at Glasgow where a captain abandoned take-off and then refused to disembark the pax because it was too windy. Meanwhile other aircraft were taking off and landing.

aiming point
30th Jan 2002, 21:06
Just because "others" are doing something does'nt necessarily mean they are right and safe.In such a case it takes even more courage and strength of character to stand by your own judgement and not be "lead like a lamb to the slaughter"!. .Many aircraft have limitations on max. wind speed for door opening/operation.Likewise ground equipment can become lethal in high winds.. .Could you just imagine a passenger getting injured by a door etc on such a day.Their eyes would light up with dollar signs. "Do I need a Doctor hell no, get me a Lawyer"!!

Capt PPRuNe
30th Jan 2002, 21:11
low flyer, I see from your profile that you claim to be a fairly newly licenced CPL and you obviously haven't got much experience in airline operations. You would do well to curb your curiosity with questions that have overtones of ridicule.

So what if someone aborted a take-off whether it was due to the weather conditions at that instant or any other problem that may have caused the Captain to make that decision. Just because other flights were departing and arriving during that time means absolutely nothing and your question stinks of 'holier-than-thou' smugness.

Either rephrase your question or wait until you have got a flying job and have to make decisions for yourself. What's it got to do with R & N anyway?