PDA

View Full Version : Live Music Venues

TURIN
7th Feb 2006, 10:42
So, after reading all the enthusiastic posts about really LOUD music on the other thread where is your local venue and is it any good?

I've just joined the LIMELIGHT in CREWE, Cheshire, UK. Bands on every night in a dedicated band room. The whole place is a three floor converted church!

Mostly tribute rock bands but local bands also gig there.

There is a website if you do a search, not sure if a link here would offend the mods.

BRL
7th Feb 2006, 10:56
Stairways in Birkenhead used to shake at the weekend. That was a heavy metal club and the live bands used to have the amps on 15!!

I nearly got done in there once. Was watching 'Dumpys Rusty Nuts' one night and the singer spotted my ripped white jeans. "Look at the queer over there in his white jeans" :ooh: Oh oh, looked around and everyone was looking at me! A couple of pints came flying over towards me so I got my head down expecting a good kicking when the bouncers, who were spot on, came over and got me out of there. They didn't kick me out, I stayed next to the back door and watched the band from there!!!

Very loud venue though, had to shout at everyone for a few days afterwards!!

VFE
7th Feb 2006, 11:05
My local live music venue is called 'The Met Lounge'. We have had a few up and coming artists pass through from time to time, most notably The Darkness although I missed them (amibothered.com). Saw another band a few weeks ago play there called 'We Are Scientists' - they're currently on the NME tour.

Saw a Who tribute act play there a few years ago when someone in the audience shouted "PAEDO!" at 'Pete' who put his Rickenbacker on more than nodding terms with the gobby punter's head - great live music moment that was! :}

Just out of interest - did anyone see that documentary on Channel Five last night about Nazi-Rock? :yuk:

VFE.

UniFoxOs
7th Feb 2006, 11:44
The Pokey Hole is my local (very, it's only about a mile and a half). They get plenty of up-and-coming bands, and also some reconstituted older groups (The Animals, T-Rex and the like).

If we can link it's http://www.thepokeyhole.com/home.htm

UFO

phnuff
8th Feb 2006, 11:46
The Red Hart in Hitchin is a great venue. No stage so very in your face, no noise issues as only has bands in the winter when windows are firmly shut. Not a bad payer either :ok:

Romeo Delta
8th Feb 2006, 15:18
A ton of local spots here in Fort Myers with good music. Backstreets is my fav, as I know the owners and the crowd (I'm like Norm from Cheers in there). There is one called Buddha, which actually has a gigantic golden Buddha on the roof (can't miss it). Acoustics about what you'd expect from a pub/tavern/bar.

Major venues are Germain Arena (brings in the current bands) and Barbara B Mann Center (brings in older crews like David Lee Roth and Vince Neil).

lasernigel
8th Feb 2006, 15:25
Eeeeh by gum tha noes.We get plenty of turns up at' club.Friday we normally 'ave a vocalist int' lounge.Saturday and Sunday we 'ave tony ont' organ int' lounge and a live act int' concert room.Bingo on Saturdays and Sundays.Raffle Sat and open t' box on Sunday.Eeeeh how the weeks fly by.:ok: