PDA

View Full Version : Gatwick go-around yesterday?

Crosswind Limits
6th Sep 2001, 15:48
Did a white 737 have to do a go-around at LGW yesterday between 11-12.30pm? It's just that I am curious as I was at the CAA yesterday and from the car park saw a 737 climb quite hard. It's flight profile and position in relation to the threshold of 26L made me think it was a go-around.

Cheers.

DJXL
6th Sep 2001, 16:52
Well, I can't say for certain but go-arounds at Gatwick aren't uncommon.

However, if the aircraft's take-off weight was low, it is possible it may just have had a shorter than normal take-off roll and then climbed like a rocket.

If it's position looked like it was initiating a go-around it is certainly a possibility.

Gaza
6th Sep 2001, 17:51
Why do people get so excited about go-arounds?? It's bad enough reading in the press about "passengers terrifing experience as the plane reared up as it was about to land" without reading about an uncommon, but not unexpected, manouver on these boards.

No comment
6th Sep 2001, 18:45
Surely people should be pleased that the aircraft went around. The runway was undergoing an inspection at the time so for the inbound 767 to land may have been more "dangerous" than to carry out a pretty common go-around. They happen almost every day here, nothing special.