PDA

View Full Version : Tiger - Silkair

fhwannabee
7th Feb 2006, 07:45
Hi
If one were to get a job with Tiger, would it be possible to move later to Silk? Or as SQ has some ownership in both is this discouraged?

Dani
7th Feb 2006, 09:14
I heard that SQ has a hiring ban for Tiger pilots, so I guess SLK has the same. On the other hand when you fly with Tiger you don't want to go to SLK anymore.

On the other hand there is still that company commitment that after five years with Tiger you can apply for SQ DEC. But what will be in five years, is the world still turning...?

Dani

fhwannabee
7th Feb 2006, 10:26
I see. I was hoping that after getting a command and putting in a few years with Tiger a move would be possible.
I had heard that Silk offered better pay and rosters. That true?

Dani
7th Feb 2006, 12:28
Yes true. About same pay, but SLK has bonus, insurance, crew meal, the usual goodies.
On the other hand, you do not fly very much in SLK, that's why you earn less. If you are western nationality you feel more at home in TGW. After a few years you do not want to go to SLK, to avoid going sideways. But as I said, you want maybe join SQ/SQ Cargo afterwards.

SmoothCriminal
7th Feb 2006, 13:44
Is there any chance for a Oz National in Tiger ?!
Any history of non-type rated recruited ?!

Any info on the area of recruitement requirements much appreciated.

Cheers in advance,

Smoothie

Dani
7th Feb 2006, 15:01
Some Ozzies in Tiger. Most of Tiger pilots where without rating, at the moment many from Valuair and other with TR are hired.

The recruitment process has been discussed here several times. Apply and you will see. [email protected], wasn't it?

CubaLibre
12th Feb 2006, 15:56
Cant speak for Tiger, but the management in Silk have just given an undertaking to rely more on internal promotions to fill the captains slots. If DEC's are required I think that they'd prefer type rated, but have in the past taken non rated guys. At the moment Silk have a slight surplus of captains., though this is due to be rectified by mid year as a few more guys move on to SQ.