PDA

View Full Version : Visiting companies in Arusha

ktownkid
7th Feb 2006, 05:38
I am planning to visit Arusha next week (driving down from Nairobi), and was looking for some advice on a good place to stay for a couple of nights. Plan on visiting some operators there and anybody willing to get together over a couple beverages to discuss the aviation scene there would be most appreciated. Is it recommeded that I drive my own vehicle or take the bus and sort out local transport when i get there? I have heard the bus is good but what about getting around arusha and out to the airport? Thanks in advance for any help given and the beverages are on me.

Solid Rust Twotter
7th Feb 2006, 06:19
Be aware there a lot of hijackings on the Nairobi/Arusha road. Travelling during the day is barely passable and travelling at night is just plain stupid. A number of people have been killed there during the last few months and even more have had vehicles taken by force.

helldog
7th Feb 2006, 07:09
What are you trying to do Kid, get ricco going again? Dont worry just ignore that. Now for the useful info.

Ok try to stay at the Masai Camp, most pilots will have a beer there at least once a day! The manager there is Wika, she knows all the pilots. Throw some names around(I will send the names by private message) All are good blokes and will have a beer with you for sure. Dont worry about the road that much just make sure you keep it moving. But let me tell you if you survived in Kenya you should find TZ a very friendly and relaxed place.

Standby for private message...........

P68BRAVO
7th Feb 2006, 14:31
Nails and vaseline

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I wanted to comment on this but I have found myself unable to critisize Air Excel anymore, whether I want it or not.
One of my close friend (who is also Qir Excel #1 client) was here for business and during our last dinner, asked me if I could do a "real friend's favor" for him. I said yes, of course and then the funny bomb: "can you stop posting anything about Mike and his 206 on one of your pilot forums". I couldn't believe it, although I very much understood. He also had a few pages printed off Prune and handed to him by Mike the Greek. Funny to read things again, months later.

Well, I gave my word, now I can't go back on it. Be it.

One thing though, I (as usual) will disagree with JP, although I understand his motivation: I think people should be allowed to express themselves on this forum.
That is the main point of having a forum.
Be it cry-babies, stories, warnings, political fighting, recommendations about a hotel, or a place to find hot African women whatever you want, a forum is a free place to express one's opinion.
If someone else doesn't like it, then that person can just ignore the comments or reply and contradict. We can't start to use censorship of one's opinions, whether they are annoying or not. As much as it can be damaging to certain coimpanies or people. What is happening to Mike and Anna is happening all over the world, in all industries. Some characters, for certain reasons, provoke a lot of rage and bitterness, whether they were right or not. That's life.
There will always be Riccardo Volantes and JP's to argue and defend each other's side.
As long as there is enough poison for the con's and vaseline for the pro's of Mike/Air Excel.

If one company, or an owner like Mike, wants to avoid this, like the majority of the airlines/air operators out there, then just go low-profile, be cool, enjoy life and never get into someone's path because sour grapes never go, they keep coming back. A change of attitude on both sides helps things to disappear and go low. Or, enjoy the boards on the Net, because that's were opinion, for or against, expresses itself.

Lots of kisses from Cairo (very impressive these 42 years of history watching me )"

Great Post
Thanks S.Rubani
Riccardo Volante