PDA

View Full Version : A question for the girls

TheFlyingSquirrel
7th Feb 2006, 02:07
Whirlymob ! If you have been pregnant whilst employed as a CPL or FI, at what stage did you stop flying, and the main reason at the time ? Nothing too personal wanted - I just have an interest. :)

TFS

wishtobflying
7th Feb 2006, 02:15
Sorry if this counts as a thread hijack - please answer TFS' question also, but I've got another question for the girls ... this ad has been popping up recently (edited to avoid moderator wrath):

The [Company]
is searching for female helicopter pilots to be on a 207 foot research vessel.
We will be extracting a pirate sunken treasure off the coast of Peru. :yuk: And will
be on the seven seas. Robinson R44 Clipper with pop up floats aboard, with
helideck and helicopter garage. A pilot-mechanic would be a super plus,
but not mandatory. Please send resumes to [email address]

Are any of you whirly girls taking this at all seriously? What on earth does "And will be on the seven seas" have to do with it?

Seriously ... would you follow this one up? :confused:

Civis
7th Feb 2006, 02:37
Capt. Squirrel,
Coworker continued flying through two pregnancies to end of second trimester, single pilot medium ship, with blessing of her OB. Became a little uncomfortable towards the end but no problems. Most of our medical staff are ladies and continue their duties almost to term. There are a few accommodations which may make life easier for everyone and some very amusing stories along the way but best kept off a public forum.

Really between the ladies, their physicians and ability to perform required duties.

SASless
7th Feb 2006, 02:40
In the family way are we TFS?:{

Having funny cravings for things to eat....Haggis, Quiche, Pickled Pigs feet?

Civis
7th Feb 2006, 03:04
Wishto,
Young lady acquaintance in the seventies took a similar position with a very famous persons vessel. She would have thoroughly enjoyed it save for an unforseen problem. The other female aboard was the owners Madam and apparently quite a tyrant, sticking her nose in everything and making the experience of a lifetime very uncomfortable. How does one gracefully inquire about the Masters wifes demeanor in an interview?

Whirlygig
7th Feb 2006, 06:45
I don't have any children and neither am I a commercial pilot but I think the CAA mandates pilots to inform the medical department if they are pregnant and regular medicals have to be taken. I understand the AME will deem when the pilot is fit to fly after childbirth. Pretty sure it's in LASORS somewhere.

As for the second question, haven't seen the add, not rated for a 44, don't like to go into water in any great detail. but, other than that, yes, I might make an enquiry but would be pretty sceptical and cautious.

Cheers

Whirls

Gerhardt
7th Feb 2006, 12:43
I think that's Whirly's way of saying she's not expecting. Just hasn't taken off the holiday pounds yet.

SASless
7th Feb 2006, 12:51
This is turning into a real Bloom County moment....Whirls in a thong, hiking boots, six inch nails, spanner in one hand and a banjo in the other........R44 on bags in the background....clear blue water....pirate treasure....ARRRRRR! Don't ferget the eye patch Whirls....one should not be out of uniform!

All we need is the parrot!

Whirlygig
7th Feb 2006, 12:54
Cheeky bugger Gerhardt! I think you should apologise!

Cheers

Whirls

Who is, quite frankly, starting to get bored with getting stick for answering "female-related" questions as honestly as I can!

Vfrpilotpb
7th Feb 2006, 14:42
Could carrying a child lessen the payload on the R44, after all its only covered for four souls?:ouch:

Vfr

Thomas coupling
7th Feb 2006, 15:04
Needs females so they can do the housework during their down time:E

Gerhardt
7th Feb 2006, 15:58
You're right, and I am sorry for having some fun at your expense.

But someone will have to explain the term "cheeky" to me. Sounds kinda sexy, but that may just be wishful thinking.

Whirlygig
7th Feb 2006, 16:37
Gerhardt,

It means insolent - an example would be TC's post :E . I take it I don't have to explain the other word?

Cheers

Whirls

TheFlyingSquirrel
7th Feb 2006, 16:40
G - you're cruising for a bruising mate !!:ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :{

Gerhardt
7th Feb 2006, 18:12
As for me cruisin' for a buisin' from Whirls, I'VE TRIED but every time I've almost got her hot enough to smack me...she sees me start to smile, she fumes and leaves.

Whirlygig
7th Feb 2006, 18:25
Yeah well, you'd just have to cruise over to the Land of Bishop Bonner and you can have as much bruisin' as you want :E

Cheers

Whirls

SASless
7th Feb 2006, 18:26
G-man....hate to burst yer bubble....but Ms. Gig will do all of that and then some! You would rather go 15 rounds with the Incredible Hulk's big brother than tangle with the Gig. She would climb you like a tree and tear off limbs as she went....upon reaching the top, she would remove that and do smelly things in the empty hole.....nope G....when you walk that valley....she is Death! Why do you think I give her some much sea room after she put me on notice a while back? She scares me and I am a hero! Partner....she is an auditor! (amongst other things....)

G...to know her is to love her....getting on that other side of her....uh uh...no way Bubba!

Now Whirls...there you go...I say sumpkin nice and you take up with the other guy!

Whirlygig
7th Feb 2006, 18:40
Bloomin' 'eck Sassy, you're making me out to be a cross between Lara Croft and the Grim Reaper!!??

...hhhmmm... actually, now I come to think of it ... hhmmm..

All I do is answer a couple of questions honestly and have one of yer saying I could do with losing a few pounds (gee thanks) and another making me out to be one of the Valkyrie.

Cheers guys,

Whirls

Whirlybird
7th Feb 2006, 21:30
I leave PPRuNe for a day...and look what happens.

However, as another of the "Whirlymob", I have nothing really to add - I don't have kids, nor am I planning to.

As for the ad, hadn't seen it, but sounds...interesting. I think I'd be cautious, but...could someone send me a copy please. ;)

diethelm
7th Feb 2006, 22:44
I believe "Bishop Bonner" was asked to leave the catholic diocese in Boston......

Rich Lee
8th Feb 2006, 03:48
Pregnant women have no more problem flying than fat men. As long as one can get the seatbelt latch closed and the cyclic back for a decent flair, it really is a matter of personal choice, isn't it?

I have found pregnant pilots have a great interest in safety and are loath to accept extraordinary risk.