PDA

View Full Version : sponsored flight training

tiggerific_69
6th Feb 2006, 17:45
Hi guys
i saw a link on saturday on a website somewhere on the www regarding a flying school having places on a sponsored course,anybody got ANY ideas who is offering sponsorships at the moment?i know these are few and far between but any help would be appreciated.

smith
6th Feb 2006, 20:59
If you can't get any sponsorships try getting a job as a comedian.:}

bafanguy
6th Feb 2006, 22:07
I would guess your country's military would be happy to sponsor your flight training.

waffs
7th Feb 2006, 00:35
I'm fairly sure Qantas still sponsor cadets but I'm also fairly sure that they get thousands of applicants!!! Singapore Airlines still run sponsorships but if you're not from Singapore or Malaysia youhaven't got too much hope.

sstaurus
7th Feb 2006, 00:48
I think sponsorships are an old wives tale from the past! :}

(however I would love to be proven wrong)

degothia
7th Feb 2006, 08:30
This is from www.tfhs.lu.se Education i Sweden is free, so I guess you can call this a sponsoship... It is not easy to get in though, 16 aplicants per year.

"Lund University, established in 1666, is proud to offer complete flight training, education and research solutions through its School of Aviation, a part of Lund University since 1998. The close connection between theory and practice uniquely enables Lund University School of Aviation to generate the best in aviation education and research. This benefits not only undergraduate and graduate students, but a wide range of industry partners.

Lund University School of Aviation is the only University program in Europe that offers:

· Complete integrated Airline Transport Pilot training

· Master’s Degree in Human Factors & System Safety (part-time, distance-learning)

· Industry short courses, ranging from CRM courses tailored to your company, to Accountable Manager and other leadership programs

· Flight Instructor Training

· Modular training (e.g. MCC, IR)

pre3sg
7th Feb 2006, 19:06
degothia,

do you know whether or not you have to speak Swedish or if the course is open to foreigners? seems a little too good to be true if it is all payed for..

degothia
8th Feb 2006, 09:03
Before 1998 you had to be a swedish citizen due to that TFHS was run by the armed forces, but now its just like any other university corse so...
I dont know which books they use, I think they got their own and not Jeppesen/Oxford, so they might be in swedish. Check out the website, theres an english version. Also check with the "Nordic forum" there might be some old students from TFHS there.
As I wrote before it is very hard to get in, a few years back when I started my flying carer there was a stop in admitens, not any more though. People have been known to wait for several years to get in.
Mvh
deGothia

tiggerific_69
8th Feb 2006, 20:50
sorry Guys,found it in the BA News,but thanks :)