PDA

View Full Version : From Canada To Europe

CanadianTrev
6th Feb 2006, 15:16
I'm a Canadian Private Pilot who has now realised that there are plenty more jobs for me as an upcoming pilot in Britain or Europe wide. The only problem seems to be the immense cost and getting your first job. I have tried the CTC wings scheme and was not succesful in the 2nd phase. I was just wondering if anyone has any info that could give me an idea of some schools (Cab Air/Oxford/Flight Training Europe), chances of first jobs, sponsorship. I have heard that oxford is good but no jobs after. Any ideas on Cab Air, does anyone have ANY ADVICE (and I mean ANY) they could give me on gaining a commercial lisence in Britain or Europe, and then achieving your first flying job it would be greatly appreciated) Thanx for your help.

Dirty Harry 76
6th Feb 2006, 20:26
Yes Sir.
I think the answer to most of your questions can be satisfied within the Wannabe Forums. Search the threads. Your assesment of PLENTY OF JOBS is slightly incorrect:{ me thinks!
In summary, the job market in mainland Europe sucks. In the UK there are jobs and a shortage.........of experianced pilots. There are openings in the UK for low houred guys\gals but for every job there is fierce competetion not just from the locals but from all the other wannabees that cant find jobs across the channel and the Canadians, Americans, Australians and Kiwis that have the right to work in the UK.
I lived in the USA and moved back to the UK thinking (like yourself) it would be easier to get a job......wrong. Its tough. Think about it this way:-
If you stay in Canada it will be difficult to get a job.
If you come to the UK it will be difficult.
If you stay in Canada and go through the North American System you will be spending less than half the amount it will cost you in JAR land.
Good luck.