PDA

View Full Version : LPC fee

TheFlyingSquirrel
6th Feb 2006, 13:40
How much do you or your employer charge on top of aircraft charges for an LPC ?

Thanks guys

TFS

cyclic flare
6th Feb 2006, 14:00
The going rate seems to be around £100 - £150 not bad for 0.7

mongoose237
6th Feb 2006, 14:57
Between £70 - £100 depending on whether the school is using inhouse or external. Plus the aircraft at SFH rate

TheFlyingSquirrel
6th Feb 2006, 15:06
Is the LPC a fee on top of the aircraft SFH rate AND instructor fee ?

Thanks.

mongoose237
6th Feb 2006, 15:34
Actually, that should read £85-100 (plus VAT normally)
Usually the LPC fee covers the examiner costs, and as there is no instructor on board the aircraft rental is at SFH rate.

LPC plus Dual rate I would see as a little gratuitous

CRAZYBROADSWORD
6th Feb 2006, 18:52
SFH rate on the heli, instructor rate for the examiner then 100 quid on top.

mongoose237
6th Feb 2006, 19:14
I've not come across that before; how is the £100 justified? The school makes their money on SFH aircraft rental, the examiner gets paid, and then £100 ... admin? :confused:

In the schools I have worked for, they often viewed an LPC as a customer relations exercise, not a profit making one. External examiners were paid a flat rate for the day, and only booked when there were atleast sufficient students to cover costs (never a problem). Else it was the CFI who was salaried.

Whirlygig
6th Feb 2006, 19:18
OK possibly a daft question - is the examiner in-house? If so, then I would have thought the rate would just be an instructor rate like what the paying punter (i.e. me!) has to to pay for an LPC. Why would/should an employer charge more.

If the examiner is external from, say, another operator, then surely their rates would/should be quoted in advance? So whoever your examiner is for an LPC, ring 'em up and ask 'em!

Cheers

Whirls

mongoose237
6th Feb 2006, 19:27
Why would/should an employer charge more

Very true, Whirlygig

If anyone has any doubts about how much they are being charged for an LPC, shop around. We do that for most other things in life.

Besides, flying somewhere new with a fresh face once in a while is never a bad thing

Curtis E Carr
6th Feb 2006, 20:05
Try asking around and find out how much it costs for an examiner to obtain his/her authorisation.

Is the examiner not then entitled to try and eventually recover the ££££s involved?