PDA

View Full Version : JAA Conversion at Aeromadrid

JS3
6th Feb 2006, 13:38
I am looking for a school to do my conversion flight training this summer. I am inclined to go down to Spain mainly because of the good weather for flying.

So far I have heard many good things about Aeromadrid, so I would like to know if anyone has had any experiences with them.

I did my FAA CPL ME-IR in the US and am not doing the ATPL ground courses.

A couple of important questions I have are:

Does Aeromadrid offer any conversion flight training?
Will the UK CAA ground school be accepted in Spain?
Do I qualify for a reduced hour flight training syllabus under Spanish JAA?
Is the language barrier a problem for any students who trained in Spain?

I appreciate any help.

ROI1900D
6th Feb 2006, 15:33
What do you mean by: I did my FAA CPL ME-IR in the US and am not doing the ATPL ground courses????
I understand that to convert your FAA ATPL(ME-IR) you need to pass the 14 exams.

JS3
7th Feb 2006, 07:47
Sorry for the typing mistake, I meant to say I am NOW doing the ATPL ground course and exams.

too_sleepy
7th Feb 2006, 09:59
Does Aeromadrid offer any conversion flight training?
Check their web site or give them a call. They might not advertise but usually a school will accomadate, they want your money.

Will the UK CAA ground school be accepted in Spain?
No, their web site states Spanish ATPL, well it did a few weeks ago.

Do I qualify for a reduced hour flight training syllabus under Spanish JAA?
Don't know anything about this one. Don't use UK CCAA as a guide to Spanish rules. The Irish authority is very different to the UK. As I understand it there is a reduction in the minimum required hours under JAA but each country is different.

Is the language barrier a problem for any students who trained in Spain?
Friends flew in Jerez and only had problems with ATC. Very little standard terminology.

If I was converting I think I'd liek some flying in English speaking airspace during my conversion.

Whopity
7th Feb 2006, 12:59
Theoretical exams and flying must be completed in the same JAA State, for licence issue by that State.

BillieBob
7th Feb 2006, 16:32
Theoretical exams and flying must be completed in the same JAA State, for licence issue by that State.Except in the case of the UK and the Republic of Ireland.

lilpilot
11th Feb 2006, 07:19
Theoretical exams and flying must be completed in the same JAA State, for licence issue by that State.

O.K. but can I attend ground school from any JAA country, residential or DL like bristol or NAC and then sit for the exams in Spain?

jar-dk
11th Feb 2006, 20:33
Dont think so - normally you have to be inrolled up for the exams by the school that has "trained" you, and they prop only are alloved to do that in their own country where they have been aproved as a FTO by the local CAA - you could ask the CAA but expect a silly loook and short reply!Lets know if you can!

JS3
23rd Feb 2006, 08:02
OK I called Aeromadrid yesterday and talked to a really professional, EXCELLENT english speaking representative.

The conversion can be done in Spain, but only for the ratings. He recommended that I do the single engine Commercial license under the CAA here in the UK, and then do the Multi engine rating and IR multi at their school in Spain. Then, I can also do the MCC and type rating, if I require, through them.

The prices were also emailed to me immediately and I was shocked at how much LOWER they are compared to the disgusting prices that the UK CAA is charging. The skills test alone is just €240 in Spain compared to £691 (€1036!!!) in the UK. So over all there is a difference of (drumroll...) 796 euros!!

Now my big question is does anyone know the quality of the aircraft and instruction at Aeromadrid?

They have the PA34-200 from my understanding. Has anyone flown their Senecas?

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

cliste
23rd Feb 2006, 18:18
All the Aeromadrid Aircraft are " Top Notch " and well maintained.

Cliste

ant1
23rd Feb 2006, 19:07
Hi JS3
Take a look @ this thread: Theory in UK and flight training in Spain
(http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=198677)
Hope it will help you :)