PDA

View Full Version : PIA Worldliners

chornedsnorkack
6th Feb 2006, 06:59
The Worldliner is now certified. The delivery is supposed to be on 24th instant.

What is PIA supposed to be doing with their 2 frames - that is all they bought... I have heard mentions like nonstop flights from Islamabad to some US airports.

What are the planes to be like? There are mentions of new livery introduced. But interior? PIA has no First Class, and their Business sounds of rather mediocre quality. This may matter on very long haul nonstop.

Also, is any date or schedule known for the Entry Into Service?

MAN777
6th Feb 2006, 09:11
I would like to guess they will put them on the JFK service that currently stops for fuel at MAN

TURIN
6th Feb 2006, 10:34
What's a "Worldliner"?

newscaster
6th Feb 2006, 12:03
772LR is known as world liner, new livery is coming , Business class is being improved as are meal services. They are going nonstop to Toronto with the type, but its rumored that permission for US flighst will not be granted only the return leg US-Pakistan will be nonstop.

Dr747
6th Feb 2006, 14:28
PIA are going to introduce the concept of one city and one plane i.e. the tail of each plane will be painted differently to represent a city of Pakistan.
I would love to see those.:)

akerosid
6th Feb 2006, 17:25
That would be welcome; much as I admire the PIA livery, I think the representation of the flag on the tail looks quite cheap; a new approach would be welcome.

TURIN
11th Feb 2006, 20:37
Delivery flight transits through MAN on 26th Feb. First revenue flight MAN-KHI same day.

chornedsnorkack
2nd Mar 2006, 11:36
Delivery flight transits through MAN on 26th Feb. First revenue flight MAN-KHI same day.
Does anyone have any impression from the flight? It was said to have 35 business class seats, 275 economy and premium economy and to have been full - any news?

Mogget
2nd Mar 2006, 12:13
So these "World Liners" will be visiting Manchester ? Excellent stuff. Yet more juicy visual material for my next DVD.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
2nd Mar 2006, 14:29
The B7777 200LR that visited last week was a delivery flight
but I guess we will see them

Ian

HON 1R
3rd Mar 2006, 14:43
And here she is.....

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5681753

akerosid
3rd Mar 2006, 20:07
Why won't the Americans allow nonstops? I thought there was now a very good r'ship between the US and Pakistan (not least because GB is now there). What is the problem? After having spent a few billion on US airliners, surely the Americans should cut them some slack?

Pity the new 772LR didn't have the new "city" livery mentioned above; when is this to be introduced?