PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar International Boot Camp.

UNOME
6th Feb 2006, 02:39
Hot off the press.......

About 60 people called for stage 1 so far and all will be required to pay around $40,000 for the 330 rating. (i.e. no rated/ airbus experienced people in this group)

Standards and Training depts to be made up of a mix from QF and J*.

If current J* (non-management) 320 pilots wish to apply for International, training costs to be met by the pilot.

Pay scale; 330 Capt $140K fixed, F/O $75K.

Launch date Sept 2006.

Don"t shoot the messenger.:)

Pete Conrad
6th Feb 2006, 03:03
Rishworth also advertising for A330 crew to be based in Australia.

Bet there will be a swag of Aussies at EK that'll come home.

blueloo
6th Feb 2006, 03:16
Wow, why would you bother - long haul cabin crew can make up to $100000. All the responsibility without fair remuneration.

Nil defects
6th Feb 2006, 03:20
The pay quoted won`t attract EK pilots

Pete Conrad
6th Feb 2006, 03:30
No, but a life back in Australia would!

virgindriver
6th Feb 2006, 04:08
Might attract some DJ drivers seeking a break from current lot...:)

Lord Snot
6th Feb 2006, 04:29
Might attract some ex-DJ EK drivers already pissed off with life in the sandpit and regretting their move after being cluster-shafted by the pommy management in Dubai.

So why buy a 330 rating when in a couple of years you'll need to buy a 787 rating??

Or am I missing something obvious.........

Mud Skipper
6th Feb 2006, 04:37
Could it just be GoD playing his little games...:} :} :} :} :hmm:

Johhny Utah
6th Feb 2006, 06:19
No, surely management wouldn't take that line Mud Skipper - if they tell is the sky is falling, then it really MUST be falling... :yuk: :{ :mad:

The_Cutest_of_Borg
6th Feb 2006, 07:23
The snotmeister raises a good point. If you are not already rated then you need to fork out roughly 50-60% of your first years take home pay to get the job. Only to be told that after 18 months that you either need to pay for a 787 rating or ta ta...

Anyone getting the job WITH a rating would be in a similiar position after the A330's time is up. Will be interesting to see what sort of desperado is going to apply?

E.P.
6th Feb 2006, 07:32
$40,000 X 60 = a healthy bottom line start up cost!:ok:

Some guy on G.A D&G reports that he is 37yrs, 4300hrs (2300 rotary) and has a stage 1 call up.

So what happened to all the Aussie; EK, Dragon, Vietnam, Asiana, SilkAir, Brunei, China Air, Air Malta etc, etc Airbus guys (plus the 100s of other non-Airbus, but Jet rated) who applied??:suspect:

Interesting selection process.

UNOME, do you know how many 330s are going to International?

Mud Skipper
6th Feb 2006, 08:24
Qantas is transfering the four 200's and I've heard they want another two 330's on external lease.

Which games are about to start down in Melbourne:confused:

Blue-Footed Boobie
6th Feb 2006, 12:13
E.P.
That rotary bloke must know 5 people in the company!!!

Makes all the difference between 'suitable' and 'non suitable' according to 21st Century QF pilot recruitment doctrine.

Blue-Foot

swh
6th Feb 2006, 12:50
Some guy on G.A D&G reports that he is 37yrs, 4300hrs (2300 rotary) and has a stage 1 call up.

If its the same bloke I am thinking of he is a QF sim instructor in SYD.

BankAngle50
6th Feb 2006, 12:58
Pathetic! A new One* low. Why would u bother?:yuk:

Ejector
6th Feb 2006, 13:30

Can anybody confirm this for a wide body long haul. I here that the QF sub 'Australian Airlines' allowances do not make you money like the good old days, (still QF) I presume that Jet* Intl will be the same. Do you think they will be flogged like the Jet* (aus) Brisbane crews are?

Now comparing to DJ’s approx $30k fees for job to J* $40k fees for job, (thats after you pay for the interview) how much to DJ’s pilots make?

max AB
6th Feb 2006, 15:54
Bet there will be a swag of Aussies at EK that'll come home
I doubt it very much....Pay for a rating and get 140K, that sounds like 120K per year over the two years before you pay for another rating. Sure I'd like to come home to live, the emphasis on live!

4PW's
6th Feb 2006, 16:24
Made the decision not to (attempt to) join, though I am interested in where the bases will be.

Anyone?

haughtney1
6th Feb 2006, 18:09
:yuk: Crap deal....all for less money than you can make in a place more than half as good, and yet they'll be lining up to part with their cash:hmm:

Mud Skipper
6th Feb 2006, 21:06
Might consider ordering 300 of these.
http://www.usabodybags.com/images/bags.jpg
Wonder which manager will accept responsibility. :uhoh:

whipping boy
6th Feb 2006, 21:24
Oh the dramatics you blokes would be better on the stage or flower arranging than flying aircraft. 16 years ago we heard about the imminent crashes and the requirement for these body bags because all you blokes were useless and when Virgin and Impulse started the same calls were made and now we have to listen to Jetstar international's certain crash.Any wonder people treat you guys with the contempt you deserve.

5humptey
6th Feb 2006, 21:40
So the idea of Mainline guys being ablt to transfer across to J* seems very unlikely then.

eg. S/o making say $100'000/yr, wants faster upgrade. But the upgrade will cost them $$ abd also take a huge paycut. I dont think so.

the same applies for f/o's who want a faster upgrade to command.

Not saying that people wont do it but i think the majority will look at whats on offer and have to have a big think before moving out of mainline.

Doesnt the richworth or whatever it is also take a % of your pay if u gain employment thru their services?? Thats fantastic!!! Paying for the endorsement (if required, i know the ad says typed people, but hypothetically speaking) and then have ya pay docked from the agency :suspect:

Woomera
6th Feb 2006, 22:23
Well, it didn't take long for the mud to start flying did it, children?:suspect:

Y'all keep screwing threads up (pun) - We'll keep closing or deleting them.:cool:

Your choice, kiddies:E

Woomera (Eastern States)