PDA

View Full Version : Best Burgers

Rollingthunder
6th Feb 2006, 00:29
Not talking fast food silliness but rather homemade.And you can keep the beef.

Best batch I ever made was with:

Welsh lean ground lamb.
Mix in a bit of green onion finely chopped,
A bit of brown bread, finely chopped,
A touch of Worcester sauce.
A bit of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Place patties in pan containing hot mixture of butter and vegetable oil.

Trick one is to not press down on patties while cooking. About 5 minutes a side.

Trick two is to let them rest for about five minutes after removal from pan.

Serve on lightly toasted cheese baps - buttered and spread with mayonaise.

This makes the juiciest burger in the world. For a nice variation - a fried egg on top is always good.

Have a dish of sliced tomatoes, onions and lettuce for individual preferences on the table. Chips would be nice.

Buster Hyman
6th Feb 2006, 00:53
...As long as it's got egg, onions & beetroot...I'll eat it!:ok:

tinpis
6th Feb 2006, 01:00
The relevance to aviation is here somewhere isnt it?............:hmm:

see new poo rules

Atlas Shrugged
6th Feb 2006, 01:06
Tinpis,

The $100 hamburger I suspect. Must have beetroot though ;)

Rollingthunder
6th Feb 2006, 01:06
Yes. absolutely. I always take one on a flight to avoid food poisoning or death by boredom by airline food (if you can seriously call it food). And a bacon sandwich. Two bottles of water. 6 boston cream doughnuts, and to cover the healthy side some peeled carrots.

Richo77
6th Feb 2006, 02:10
My advice is to always find a local "Greasy Spoon" IMHO they have always done the best burgers. There is usually one with cooee of work or home you just have to sniff em out. Can still find 4 of my old ones if im in dire need of a good burger (read well hung over).

And the seedier the bloke cooking em looks the better they are!

ExSimGuy
6th Feb 2006, 03:38
I didn't realise there were so many other peeps out there who made their own! Soooo much better than anything one buys frozen from the s/market

I bought some "black lemon powder" in the local souq (initially recommended by Lady-Friend for use with lamb, but found many uses since) and either coat the burgers with it, or mix it in - awesome!

Tried "Mexican Torpedos"? Make the patties half the normal thickness, the sandwich two together with a chilli and slice of cheese between before cooking . . . . "aaaagie - more cold beer, quickly please" (good for a "surprise barbecue as well ;) )

Beetroot? Check the posts above guys - now we know the closet Oz-mates who try to hide their location/nationality by cryptic descriptions:E

6th Feb 2006, 04:15
Yes. absolutely. I always take one on a flight to avoid food poisoning or death by boredom by airline food (if you can seriously call it food). And a bacon sandwich. Two bottles of water. 6 boston cream doughnuts, and to cover the healthy side some peeled carrots.

Bastard! My mouth is watering. Up until last week this sounded remarkably similar. Now I've got about 20 kilos to shed! More moderation called for, RT!

Buster Hyman
6th Feb 2006, 05:25
closet Oz-mates who try to hide their location/nationality by cryptic descriptions

:confused: But I see them all the time here....:confused: