PDA

View Full Version : job prospects /requirements of the canadian market

alpamayo
5th Feb 2006, 18:19
Any Information about job prospects and requirements of the canadian helicopter market for a JAA CPL-H/ FI-H pilot with around 1400 h´s on helos - mostly piston?

Is there a real chance for a foreigner - or is there already a large supply of canadian pilots with that experience.

What are the requirements to receive a Transport Canada licence: Full Training, Exams and Checkrides or some kind of bonus for JAA ticket or Also hold FAA licence?

How difficult to get Work permit for EU-citizen?

Would be happy for any input!

notnoz
6th Feb 2006, 00:49
You'll have no trouble getting a job with 1400 hours. There is a sizeable shortage of experienced seasonal pilots over there as has been seen over the past couple of years. Things begin to happen in march/april when it begins to warm up so you should look at having completed a conversion by that time. Check out Heli-college at Langley or Chinook at Abbottsford, both not far out of Vancouver. You'll have to do a check ride and exams. Do the 2 atpl exams if you can as they are far easier than doing the full cpl. As for visas, 2 year sponsorships are available with the right employer. Just remember that you are 'tied' to them for those 2 years so if you ain't happy, too bad! Option 'B' is to go over on a student visa and get yourself a 12 month work visa, no ties! lf you want more details re that option then pm me. Best of luck!

IHL
6th Feb 2006, 03:00
check out this web site; it should get you on the right track.http://www.tc.gc.ca/civilaviation/general/personnel/menu.htm

spencer17
6th Feb 2006, 05:39
Hi all,
I also applied for a job in canada and got no respond yet.
It should be not a problem with my experience.
16,000+ helicopter hours, mountain, sling, ag etc.
Maybe my age? I'm 53 years.
Do Canadian companies have problems to get a work permit for alien pilots ?
Or do alien pilots have problems ?

Happy landings
Spencer17

paco
6th Feb 2006, 10:09
It all depends on which star system you are from..... :)

Phil

alpamayo
6th Feb 2006, 19:11
Hi guys!

thanks for the replies! I will do some research and check out the links!

..seems that too much experience will disimprove job prospects again

Regards