PDA

View Full Version : Ah..Bredbury Hall, Stockport!!!!

EESDL
5th Feb 2006, 17:16
Never managed to divert there whilst an Ascoteer but heard many a tale of some poor crew ending up at Bredbury Hall after diverting to EGCC.

All I can say is....first time there as a 'civvy' (free meal and room - long story) and I hope to go back in the near future to finish off some finished business.............

Anyone else will some Bredbury Hall tales?
Is it still the HOTAC of choice at EGCC?

southside
5th Feb 2006, 19:05
Ive frequented the infamous Hall many times. My mate was so impressed he held his stag night (weekend) there...but enough about that...Lots of dits but sadly Im far too coy to divulge them here.

Lockstock
5th Feb 2006, 19:21
Bredbury Hall !!???

Errr.... BEADWINDOW ! ;)

SIT head
5th Feb 2006, 19:22
Oh, what a fantastic place. I've been lucky enough to go to some pretty spectactular places throughout the world, but Bredbury Hall had more drop-dead gorgeous women than any other place I've ever been to - honest! It was the best secret for all the Kipper Fleet who did the MR 1 to 2 & Loral conversion. 24-hour bars and although it sounds barking to say Stockport and 'glamorous' in the same sentence, it was. Bredders was heaven. Bar 5 at 5?

bayete
5th Feb 2006, 19:41
How I wish!!
As a co-pilot we saw the lights on third approach into EGDL (Trg Capt on board, old rules!!??) we landed on Xwind rwy, dodgy circ approach. We were the only ac that made it in that day... 4 other crews made it to EGCC and I bet the night was awsome.
On a side note anyone remember the Tiger meet in Slieswig(Sp?) that we were returning from. Remember the pigs eyes in vodka and having my boot destroyed by a thunderflash.

PAMCC
5th Feb 2006, 20:00
Is this really a military thread?

I'm amazed to hear that Bredbury Hall is still in existance and still holds thrall to many male thoughts and fantasy.

I lived not too far away in the 70s and 80s and was a member for many years. It was a wonderful club, with two floors, lots of different rooms, log fires, cosy leather suites, strange underground alleyways and a good sized dance floor.

You could have your favourite tipple while swinging in a hanging chair, you could eat freshly made (in front of you) steak sandwiches, you could find a quite, or not too quiet, corner to play chess, you could dance the night away. It was a club par excellance !!

However, it held a reputation. I remember one friend saying rather obliquely, that it was 'a place where girls arrived in taxies, and went home in cars'.

I never put this to the test. For me, I always went with a partner or a big group of friends. It holds for me, some very happy fun filled nights, but purely of an innocent kind.

A very great club. Please tell me that it hasn't changed !!

sooms
6th Feb 2006, 17:36
I was fortunate to spend a few nights there while stationed at LYE in the early nineties..even managed to do it on RTB from a Scottac DZ Party. Anyway a few years on, a 30something sooms is trying to chat up a 18yr old flozzie from Commcen in the rugby club at Odi after a few too many....

Sooms ' Where you from then?' (original I know!)

Floozie 'Stockport'

Sooms 'I've been to Stockport a few times, used to stay in a place called Bredbury Hall, do you know it?'

Floozie ' Yeah, my mum goes there'

Sooms 'Ahh'

Anyway, fond memories of one night there in a room with a mirrored ceiling.

SlipperySlappery
6th Feb 2006, 18:32
Top night out; thank you for reminding me - had completely forgotten.

Diverted into EGCC early one morning with fog down south and ended up on a monster 20-hr session in Bredbury Hall. The co ended up AWOL for a few days with some random local bird but fortunately the aircraft had been promptly removed by the duty workers leaving our crew with nothing to do until the minibus from home came to collect us.................

Recall a small team from a certain squadron lifiting the 'Hercules Street' signpost from the nightclub bit and hiding it in a SCOTTAC landrover. Think that it is still in the sqn bar.

All-in-all a top night out.

SS

Daf Hucker
6th Feb 2006, 18:47
The deafening silence from the maritime fraternity speaks volumes! Det Rules;)

EESDL
6th Feb 2006, 19:04
Hasn't changed then.
Rooms are still named after the most frequent visitors:-
Dynasty, Crystal etc ;-)

Quiet corners are still there - found lots of 'pieces' but none connected with chess!

Out of the ten of us that went the other evening, only 23 made it back.......

Parked the company transport in the field next door - took one look at the place (and the contents) and quickly repositioned to EGCC for safe-keeping.

It's now a sort of Chav Towers with extra Chintz thrown in...........but then there were so many different 'nooks and crannies' I don't reckon I saw half of it.

threepointonefour
8th Feb 2006, 19:50
!!!!!!!

.... what LOCKSTOCK said.

PPRuNeUser0139
8th Feb 2006, 22:24
My memory of Bredbury Hall in the early eighties is of the owner swinging from the crystal chandelier in the reception area while a video of the Last Night of the Proms blasted out Land of Hope & Glory at max volume at 4am...

I kid you not...

sv

richlear
12th Feb 2006, 01:38
A very pleasant couple of weeks spent there on the Yellowgate conversion course...Draught Becks....ahh...the hangovers......!

Suvarnabhumi
12th Feb 2006, 06:04
A buddy of mine at College used to work on the bar there. He said all the local "ladies" love bagging the RAF boys, and would arrive on cue following intel reports! Especially when the Reds were in town!!!! :}

It left such an impression on his young mind that it even made him want to join up, but his answers at the OASC interview when pressed for his motives for joining didn't go down too well with the Wing Commander Chaplain! :p

AllTrimDoubt
12th Feb 2006, 06:05
Concur...det rules....

(What a night out....!)