PDA

View Full Version : Don't drink and eBay

Jerricho
5th Feb 2006, 15:32
To start this thread it must be said that drinking to excess can be bad for your health...........and your wallet

I got a bit carried away with my duty free whisky last night. Sitting on the couch in front of the fire with my laptop (Mrs J had fallen asleep watching CSI-Bratislava or something like that), happily exploring the treasure trove that is eBay. Not a care in the world it seems.

Wake up this morning, a little fuzzy in the head and check my email..........oh dear. 2 of the auctions I am now bidding on are crap, and if I don't get outbid on them I'll be pissed off (do I really need that for my car? I don't think so, but it must have been a good idea at the time :rolleyes:). The third, well I know I'm gonna win it cause nobody else would be that fricken stupid to bid for it in the first place and there's no way I'll be able to resell it.

Maybe I should fit my computer with a breathaliser!? :sad:

stue
5th Feb 2006, 15:40
Drinking is dangerous and ebay is dangerous. You put them together??! BIG mistake! Good Luck!:}

what have you got, a set of furry dice? a spoon rest? some second hand wiper blades??

Oh Dear!:p

Jerricho
5th Feb 2006, 15:49
Ain't no way on this planet I am admitting to what I'm bidding on.:\ :O

Let's just say my little rice rocket doesn't need it.

stue
5th Feb 2006, 15:52
:p Good luck mate!

Just dont tell Mrs J!:p

Jerricho
5th Feb 2006, 15:56
Oh she knows...........she's the one who happened to see the confirmation emails first.

Stupid eBay.

Paracab
5th Feb 2006, 15:58
It could have been worse mate, you could have played online poker, like I did last night. Doh !:eek:

Jerricho
5th Feb 2006, 16:07
Good point mate.

Although I become the best poker player in the world when I've had a couple of drinks as well. And singer, and dancer and ladies man.............

stue
5th Feb 2006, 16:09
Yeah, but singer, dancer and ladies man dont cast you £££££!! (well perhaps ladies man will:p )

Jerricho
5th Feb 2006, 16:39
Yeah, but singer, dancer....... dont cast you £££££!!

Actually, it can make you money.......when people pay you to stop.

Gingerbread Man
5th Feb 2006, 17:24
CSI-Bratislava? On a Saturday? I don't think so!

Jerricho
5th Feb 2006, 17:25
We're in Canada remember...........

Gingerbread Man
5th Feb 2006, 18:18
You're naively assuming that I don't read the Canadian TV listings for my general amusement. And you'd be quite right :) .

tart1
5th Feb 2006, 19:24
I suppose it is the same as prooning when drunk ............... you will regret it in the morning.

Still, at least prooning is cheap (or free if you don't bother with a personal title!) :}

Howard Hughes
5th Feb 2006, 19:58
Come on Jerr, stand up and be counted, tell us what you bought!!;)

Or I'll just make something up....

colmac747
5th Feb 2006, 20:16
Hmm! I know what he bought - t'was me who was selling...

:suspect:

:ouch:

tart1
5th Feb 2006, 20:23
I expect it was one of those self-help guides, you know the ones:

Make £2000 per week without doing anything!

You'd have to be drunk to believe that is possible. := :=

Howard Hughes
5th Feb 2006, 20:25
I expect it was one of those self-help guides, you know the ones:
Make £2000 per week without doing anything!He already does that, he's an ATCer remember!!;)

Oh my god, Jerr you have'nt bought the "weekend in Sydney with four blokes"?:}

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/A-Weekend-with-4-Blokes-in-Sydney_W0QQitemZ5659935599QQcategoryZ324QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ;)

tart1
5th Feb 2006, 20:29
Oh yeah, HH I forgot about that!! :O

Jerricho
6th Feb 2006, 05:10
Let's just say, if you see a WRX rice rocket around Winnipeg with a funny looking front grill...........it's me.

(yeah, there should have been an e at the end of grille. It's cause I'm thick, ok)

Spuds McKenzie
6th Feb 2006, 16:09
funny looking front grill

Something like this (http://www.thomann.de/artikel-181246.html) ? ;)

Maxbert
6th Feb 2006, 16:54
You keep saying it's COLD where you hail (no pun intended) from, but... :confused:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/Maxbert/Jerrichoatthehelm.jpg

Spuds McKenzie
6th Feb 2006, 16:57
It's not cold where he's from.
It's cold where he lives.

Non Normal
6th Feb 2006, 17:27
Oh she knows...........she's the one who happened to see the confirmation emails first.
Stupid eBay.

Worse, it could have been your Mrs who got drunk and played on eBay. You could have ended up with all sorts of expensive, branded handbags and shoes, or bought you a Citation!

Maxbert
6th Feb 2006, 17:27
It's not cold where he's from.
It's cold where he lives.

This ought to fix you... :E :E :E

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/Maxbert/JerrichoandSpudscopy.jpg

Jerricho
6th Feb 2006, 21:34
I can't stop laughing!!! Thanks Max :ok:

Jerricho
6th Feb 2006, 21:44
Oh crap......not laughing so much now.

I just won the first auction :(

$45!?!? Christ, I was pissed.

Maxbert
7th Feb 2006, 19:12
C'mon, Jerricho, 'fess up... What exactly DID you bid for? :confused:

After all, this thread is now relegated to page 2, nobody else seems to be reading it (after all the trouble I went to to carry out the cack-handed Photoshop butchery, prodigious swearing, Mrs. Maxbert trying to cover four little ears but- Disaster!- she only has two hands!)

Maxbert

PS Glad the pix made you laugh- BTW where is Farrell these days?
M'Bt

Edited to say "Drat! Since this post we're back on page 1!"

Ant
7th Feb 2006, 19:29
...and may we prevail upon all eBayers that if they suspect they managed to offload their useless old tat onto the hapless J that they reveal all here and now! WE MUST BE TOLD!

(Pssst,, Jerricho . I've got this luverly dining set you'd really like.... and some tasteful suitcases up in the loft ETC. ETC.!!)

Howard Hughes
7th Feb 2006, 19:47
Let's just say, if you see a WRX rice rocket around Winnipeg with a funny looking front grill...........it's me.

(yeah, there should have been an e at the end of grille. It's cause I'm thick, ok)
Hmmm, it seems you can get those for $22!! ;) http://motors.search.ebay.com/wrx-grille_Parts-Accessories_W0QQcatrefZC6QQfromZR4QQsacatZ6028

Maxbert
7th Feb 2006, 20:02
Oh dear... Another irate spouse, perhaps...? :confused:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=210053

I can just imagine the scene:

Evening: Furious wife: Spanner, spanner, screwdriver... eBay
Morning: Irate husband: ":mad: ! :mad: ing vandals!"
Next evening: Furious wife: Spanner, spanner, screwdriver... eBay
Next morning: Irate husband: ":mad: ! :mad: ing vandals!"
Repeat ad nauseam... :E

Jerricho
7th Feb 2006, 21:01
Hmmm, it seems you can get those for $22!! ;) http://motors.search.ebay.com/wrx-grille_Parts-Accessories_W0QQcatrefZC6QQfromZR4QQsacatZ6028

Hey look! There it is :(

(There is hope, as that's not the auction I have won)

G-CPTN
7th Feb 2006, 21:07
Never mind the grille, what about a bonnet emblem?

Not quite the Rolls lady, but:-

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c19/GroupCaptain/BikiniBabe.jpg

Spirit of Ecstacy . . .

Howard Hughes
7th Feb 2006, 23:07
Hey that looks just like my car, but without those 'nancy boy' gold wheels and the umm, err hood ornament....;)

Jerricho
7th Feb 2006, 23:20
Bah.....that's one of them stupid bug-eye jobs!

747FOCAL
8th Feb 2006, 01:37
Maybe this is it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/13-Universal-Hubcaps-Wheel-covers-Cheap-NEW-Hubcap_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33744QQitemZ8036532313QQrd Z1

:E

Jerricho
8th Feb 2006, 03:31
Focal :rolleyes: There's no way I'd be putting those on my car in the winter.

All the salt and grit and crap on the roads would ruin them beauties.

stue
8th Feb 2006, 06:49
Like the picture Maxbert!

G-CPTN, You need help!:p

Jerricho really aint tellin what he got. Go on, no-one will know!...........:}

P|_azbot
8th Feb 2006, 08:11
I suppose it is the same as prooning when drunk ............... you will regret it in the morning.
:}

I have 3 ex user names that agree with you.

P|_azbot
8th Feb 2006, 08:15
Ahahahahahahaah Chris. You are such a boy racer.

*cue doof doof music and backwards hats word yo momma*

Jerricho
8th Feb 2006, 14:28
My ride gonna be da bomb yo!

Romeo Charlie
8th Feb 2006, 14:28
Fo shizzle

Jerricho
8th Feb 2006, 14:34
You really from Derbyshire there RC?

BTW, looks like I'm gonna win that second auction :(

Just watch for me on "Pimp my ride" :rolleyes:

Romeo Charlie
8th Feb 2006, 14:48
Hahah.

Well, Oi lives in Daaarbyshoire at the moment, but I's fraam Devon originally.

Jerricho
8th Feb 2006, 15:17
Ah yes........the hood ;)

Romeo Charlie
8th Feb 2006, 15:21
Ar, Oi be fraam da Hemyock Massiv........

lexxity
8th Feb 2006, 15:28
Go on Jer just whisper in my ear what you're about to win, I won't tell..........honest.:p

will you car be "sic"? :p :p :p

Jerricho
8th Feb 2006, 16:27
I keep telling you........I were drunk. :( :{
BTW brother dear Plaz, how quickly you forget that Suzuki Swift you converted into a stereo on wheels.

Here's a pic of what I think I was aspiring to.

http://www.heferito.com/image_folder/fcefcec2-249.jpg

Yes, that really is wood

Howard Hughes
8th Feb 2006, 17:41
Bah.....that's one of them stupid bug-eye jobs!
Mr Jerricho, whilst they might not be the ideal of WRX purists, it is the model with the shortest production run and in future years will be the one the collectors will be looking for!!:ok:

Not the dime a dozen squinty eyed models...(they all look the same to me);)

Jerricho
8th Feb 2006, 18:14
....... and in future years will be the one the collectors will be looking for!!:ok:

HH, given the sape of the new one, ANY made before 2006 in good nick will be ;)

Howard Hughes
9th Feb 2006, 06:36
......given the shape of the new one, ANY made before 2006 in good nick will be ;)No wonder they can't seem to give them away!! Recently advertised here for $38990 on the road, 4 years ago they were $44,990 + on road costs (not STI of course) .

tinpis
9th Feb 2006, 06:55
Question: When I send a message to another ebayer the reply comes back in my email box but does not show up in my message alert???????
What have I got set wrong? :ugh:

Boss Raptor
9th Feb 2006, 13:20
glad it's not just me :)

I was introduced to my first Corgi Airliner model and then opportunity to acquire said items from Ebay just before Xmas...

after some 'DICE - drink in charge of Ebay' surfing over Xmas and New Year period I spent quite a lot and got 54 and climbing every day, more than I can ever hope to display and had to package the surplus off for display at the office and at my mates house etc.

having said that I've got some cracking models (including all the Britannias, all the 707's and all bar 1 Comet) at cracking deals well below retail price even for brand new ones - however it is addictive and am getting thru at least £100 a week to feed my Corgi model/Ebay addiction :uhoh:

Jerricho
9th Feb 2006, 13:31
DICE - I like that one :ok:

frostbite
9th Feb 2006, 15:02
I won't post a link in case I am accused of advertising, but there is an excellent auction site called Ebid where it is actually difficult to pay anything for placing an auction! It doesn't get quite the same traffic as eBay but is steadily increasing (it's been around for several years). It has sites in several countries and is well worth a look if you are an auction fan. WARNING! If you have a partner who is prone to bidding for Louis Vuitton/Burberry etc., then don't let them see this - there's rather a lot of it on there. Do a google on ebid uk and see what you think.

Farrell
15th Feb 2006, 01:59
Hello Folks

Don't worry Maxbert I am still here. Access to the net is not as free as in France. And i'm supposed to be studying Airframes, and Radio Navigation.

Can you believe that they're actually going to let me take charge of a jet!!?? Muahahahahahah!!!!!

Jerricho
15th Feb 2006, 12:10
I could try and buy you a licence off eBay Farrell me old.

Maxbert
15th Feb 2006, 21:32
Farrell! Bon sang, ou est-tu??? Last time I looked Je t'avais peggué (I had you pegged :( ) aux alentours de Lyon, but your post is somewhat "cryptique" as to your current whereabouts...

My pathetic Photoshop job (Jerr. at the wheel of an S2000) pales into insignificance compared to your excellent artwork for Jerricho's "Love Songs" album... :(

Lon More
16th Feb 2006, 04:37
I reckon it was this (http://cgi.ebay.com/I-HATE-MYSELF-FOR-LOVING-YOU-JD_W0QQitemZ5664449891QQcategoryZ1469QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Binoculars
16th Feb 2006, 10:44
I think I might have you beaten here, Jerricho. :{

After thorough research I decided on the set of golf clubs I wanted. Couldn't find exactly what I wanted in Australia so went searching the US. Didn't rush things, was very patient, whittled the 55,198 items down to three, put in a Max bid offer on one which doesn't expire for three days. In the meantime another item exactly the same turned up with a Buy Now price of my maximum bid on the first item, and a Make an Offer. So I made an offer, didn't I? $50 cheaper than my max bid on item one, and guess what? Yep, offer accepted.

The reserve on item 1 hasn't been reached though I am the highest bidder, and I know my max bid will be above the reserve, so I'm soon gonna have two sets of clubs winging their way across the Pacific!

Duh!

frostbite
16th Feb 2006, 12:14
Binos, there is a facility to cancel your bid, or even contact the seller and ask him to do it.

Binoculars
16th Feb 2006, 12:28
Really? I didn't know that. It's not a major problem either way as I'm sure I could recoup my money by selling them in Australia, but I've written to the seller anyway. Thanks for that. :ok:

787FOCAL
17th Feb 2006, 16:16
:}

See we all knew you were connected......

http://home.comcast.net/~aeroman2/Jerricho2.jpg

:E

Maxbert
17th Feb 2006, 20:51
... Look what they've done, to my pic, ma.... :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Farrell-

Helppppppp! :{

Jerricho
17th Feb 2006, 20:52
:rolleyes:
Yeah, can't wait to see the next one...............
:ouch:
:{

con-pilot
17th Feb 2006, 20:57
Be careful what you wish for Jerry.:suspect:

Binoculars
18th Feb 2006, 12:28
Interesting development with the golf clubs. Seller has sent very apologetic letter saying Fedex now refuse to honour the verbal quote of $55 for shipping, and the true figure is actually $155 USD. Buyer sent equally apologetic letter saying no problem here, if the shipping cost is more than $55 the purchase is cancelled; see attached list of emails exchanged concerning shipping quote. (Already paid with PayPal).

I await developments with interest. :bored:

frostbite
18th Feb 2006, 14:57
Binos. Expect you know this but - if you go on the Paypal site to your account, for a limited time there is a simple 'cancel' button against a recent transaction which results in chargeback (takes a few days to appear in your cc account).

Binoculars
18th Feb 2006, 15:02
Thanks again, frostbite. Didn't know about that one either; babes in the wood here. Everybody else is quoting $65-70 for shipping, I'm just going to give these guys the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

It's apparently a holiday in the US on Monday so I won't know anything till Tuesday. Is my trusting nature going to let me down badly here?

787FOCAL
18th Feb 2006, 16:12
Ask and you shall recieve..............

http://home.comcast.net/~aeroman2/jerrichonflaps.jpg

:E :\

Jerricho
18th Feb 2006, 16:43
If I were really driving mate, she wouldn't look so happy ;)

frostbite
18th Feb 2006, 17:17
Is my trusting nature going to let me down badly here? Well, it might 'cos I don't know how long the cancel button stays there! (not long, for sure)

Hew Jaz
18th Feb 2006, 20:38
Never mind the grille, what about a bonnet emblem?

Not quite the Rolls lady, but:-

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c19/GroupCaptain/BikiniBabe.jpg

I beg to differ......

Very much the ROLLS lady..........

787FOCAL
19th Feb 2006, 15:09
http://home.comcast.net/~aeroman2/jerrichoBranson.jpg

:\

Jerricho
19th Feb 2006, 16:37
None of you can ever accuse me of having too much time on MY hands.

787FOCAL
23rd Feb 2006, 06:39
http://home.comcast.net/~aeroman2/jerrichonT.jpg

:\

Jerricho
23rd Feb 2006, 14:33
"I pitty the fool that put me in a car with that crazy cracker!"