PDA

View Full Version : Which airport is this?

kelley
18th Jan 2006, 16:29
Just thought that I would put a picture of the link removed as per post no. #20 that I used to fly from. It is not hard to work out where it is.

And there is now another.... link removed as per no. #20

zedex7rrrrrrr
18th Jan 2006, 16:34
In the interests of the 'spotters' here, I have removed your answer to give folk more than 5 minutes to play the game.
PS You won.:)

kelley
18th Jan 2006, 17:03
Hey, zedex7rrrrrrr Did you have to give it away so quickly? :p Anyway, what are you doing on the Spectators Balcony? Of course it is going to be obvious to anybody that is a pilot!

Thanks for the reply.

Dash-7 lover
18th Jan 2006, 17:43
Doncaster Finningley Sheffield or is it Doncater Sheffield Finningley or maybe Sheffield Finningley Doncaster ....... yawn

zedex7rrrrrrr
18th Jan 2006, 17:49
:O Sorry, couldn't help it! I'll sit on the sidelines next time :O

doublesix
18th Jan 2006, 18:34
Gloucester Staverton:confused:

Hamrah
18th Jan 2006, 18:50
There is an amusing aspect of human nature and powers of observation.
The link you presented has text below it asking the same question as you did.
One of the replies identifies the airport.
Two people then mis-identify the airport here.
Observation...a useful aspect of flying.
:) :)
H

p.s. Keep it up Kelley. It's interesting to see people who don't spot the obvious clues :)

kelley
18th Jan 2006, 20:07
Hamrah,
I know it was easy...and I left obvious clues. I will make the next one harder....promise

zedex7rrrrrrr,
thank you for retracting your answer... that was very nice :D

BOAC
18th Jan 2006, 20:38
Hey 'Kelley' - I'm workin' hard here trying to keep all the 'smart alecs' out for you - let me know if you want to quit the thread.:p

Unwell_Raptor
18th Jan 2006, 20:46
Norridge, innit?

kelley
18th Jan 2006, 20:54
BOAC, thank you for your strategic editing.... :D

BOAC
18th Jan 2006, 21:18
When's the 'judging'?:)

zedex7rrrrrrr
18th Jan 2006, 21:31
Don't thank me! It was BOAC who, justifiably, took out my answer.

I have to admit I did think it was a bit rude to bring the fun to such an abrupt end but couldn't help showing off. I guess I'll just stick to shouting out the answers on 'Millionaire'!

"It's D you :mad: muppet!!!"

BlueEagle
18th Jan 2006, 22:12
When I ran my cursor over the picture a little window came up and said, "EGSH.jpg"!!!:ok:

kelley
19th Jan 2006, 07:16
Ok, so would you like me to post a harder one? One without the 'give away' file name?

Kelley - there may well be folk here who still do not know the correct answer, so can you please 'finish' the thread? (and award the prize :) )

There is no prize… just the prestige of knowing that you are a winner! The answer as most of you have correctly guessed is Norwich Airport in Norfolk, England. A lovely little airport where I used to fly from when I was in my teens. So do you want a harder one?

kelley
24th Jan 2006, 10:28
OK, so I have another one... Not now you don't I am afraid. It IS advertising.

PPP

HZ123
24th Jan 2006, 11:40
SOUthampton ?

kelley
24th Jan 2006, 11:45
No Sorry....

Oshkosh George
24th Jan 2006, 13:01
Gloucestershire/Staverton?

BOAC
25th Jan 2006, 08:47
kelley - I have PM'd you, but for the benefit of the others:

The 'Village Elders' (that's PPP and I:) ) have sat around the camp fire and reinforced the rule that links to advertising web sites are not allowed on PPRune.

We are, however, more than happy to have kelley post airport pics to continue the thread, but have asked that the pics be 'disinfected' to remove ad links.

Accordingly I have edited the starting post to remove the links and await news from kelley.

Wycombe
26th Jan 2006, 10:56
Say again, as my previous post was deleted ...was it Lydd?

No sign of a previous post, Wycombe. All deleted posts show to me and there ain't one?

kelley
5th Feb 2006, 13:19
No prizes... just for fun. Which airport is this?
http://www.bizbuzzmedia.com/Admin/ImageGallery/BizBuzzMedia/Kelley/Airport3.gif

Caledonian
5th Feb 2006, 13:29
Hi,

Thats an easy one Glasgow International EGPF / GLA

Cheers
Caley