View Full Version : Cabin shoes

flyin jenz
4th Feb 2006, 14:10
Can any1 help me find some cabin shoes. I have looked everywhere but cant find any. :{ !!!!

Cabingirl
4th Feb 2006, 14:13
hi i got mine in house of fraser carvella their really comfy or i know stead and simpson have some called softies or somthing like that.

sixmilehighclub
4th Feb 2006, 14:16
Depends on your uniform, what youre looking to spend or what you're looking for...

George at Asda
Marks & Spencers
Roberto Vianni @ Debenhams

jennihopkins
4th Feb 2006, 23:32
i got some really nice plain black court shoes in asda (not a very high heel either and really thick comfy soles, havent tested them out yet though!) for only £6! so even if they are a bit uincomfy i know its not too much of a waste!

robo283
5th Feb 2006, 16:03
Try www.shoetailor.co.uk they have the cabin and tarmac shoes :)

KTPops
5th Feb 2006, 17:13
I bought a pair of black leather ballet pumps and cut the bows off them. They are truely the most comfortable shoes ever, they feel like slippers! Comfort is everything when you're constantly running up and down the cabin for 12 hrs!

I bought mine from M&S but you can find some in Topshop, New Look or even Barratts I think.

KTP x

jennihopkins
5th Feb 2006, 18:48
i have some black ballet shoes but they are SO uncomfortable! especially if worn with tights or bare legs (which i think is how they are supposed to be worn) it might be because they are not real leather and therefore dont stretch.

tart1
5th Feb 2006, 19:18
I am not currently working as cabin crew, so excuse me if I put in my two penn'orth!

I think that the cabin shoes are without doubt the more important pair of the two pairs of shoes that an FA will wear. Therefore, it is worth spending more on these than on the 'uniform' shoes.

I have a very good pair of navy shoes which cost me £15 (last season's, or something) and I wear them for work (I wear similar uniform to cabin crew-type) but I would never be able to operate a flight in them, however short that flight was.

Comfortable cabin shoes are essential ......... and worth spending money on!! :ok:

sammie1
5th Feb 2006, 19:18
Try Tiffany Shoes, great deal of styles and heel height. Call them for a brochure. I've used them a couple of times.
Tiffany of London
020 7495 3484
18 Woodstock Street London W1C 2AL.

Zenna Fobyer
5th Feb 2006, 22:11
Can any1 help me find some cabin shoes. I have looked everywhere but cant find any. :{ !!!!

I saw some in the overhead locker near Galley 1 left, ................ could they be yours? :)

SkySista
6th Feb 2006, 04:38
Just wondering... it's funny to hear people speak of cabin shoes... typically when are they worn? Is thee a rule for how long the flight must be before you may wear cabin shoes??

It seems to be a UK/Europe thing.. as I have never heard Virgin Blue/Qantas/Jetstar flighties talk about it (then again QF are the oly long haul) but I'm sure they don't wear 'cabin shoes' (stand corrected if any QF staff can comment!!

Myself personally, I have both heels (square/chunky kind), as wel las pumps/stilettos (for short days) and flats for when I work three/four/five/six days in a row!!! :D

Must admit, while the stilletto ones may hurt a bit, they sure make me feel sexier/more confident, which is SOOOO worth it!!! ;) :E

Zenna Fobyer
6th Feb 2006, 10:15
Just wondering... it's funny to hear people speak of cabin shoes...
Must admit, while the stilletto ones may hurt a bit, they sure make me feel sexier/more confident, which is SOOOO worth it!!! ;) :E

Sky, they might look sexy etc, but when you have to evacuate an aircraft I'm sure you'll find that 'Cabin' shoes may help you stop ripping the slides! :)

SkySista
6th Feb 2006, 10:26
No doubt about that, it's just strange because I've only ever heard them mentioned by European/Uk crews... msot airlines here, it's the 'chunky' shoes or typical 'flight attendant' shoes that are the norm. Have never seen FAs wear 'flats' onboard ever! (that I can remember, anyway!!!)

SallyEZY
6th Feb 2006, 18:19
I prefer shoes by the german brand : Gabor.

To find at the internet under www.markenschuhe.de (http://www.markenschuhe.de) if you're living in Germany. These shos are typical dolly shoes...very comfortable..:-)

jennihopkins
6th Feb 2006, 19:53
can anyone show me what cabin shoes look like? this is the first i have heard of having to have seperate shoes for on board and getting slightly worried i will need some for my first cc job! i have looked on shoe tailor but cant find any :confused:

tart1
6th Feb 2006, 22:08
There is no mystery about cabin shoes.

It makes sense doesn't it that when you are going to be on your feet for up to 11 or 12 hours on board an aircraft, that you should wear comfortable shoes.

When you are walking through the airport and greeting passengers onboard, a nice pair of glamorous high heels is the best thing so you look, well, glamorous and smart.

During the flight when you walk for miles and your feel get sore and might even swell up, then a really comfortable and low-heeled pair might be more sensible.

I have seem cabin crew in trainer-type shoes on flights but I think most airlines require cabin shoes to be plain black/navy. They just need to be low-heeled and comfortable. :D

jennihopkins
7th Feb 2006, 18:48
ahh sorry, i thought there might be a specific pair of shoes that airlines require their crew to wear - my mistake! you are right though! i would much prefer to wear flat shoes while being on my feet for many hours a day so might be something worth looking into!