PDA

View Full Version : How To log on to pprune when accessing through AOL or CSERVE?

Mustapha Rex
4th Feb 2006, 07:10
Hi Everyone;

I have been having trouble accessing pprune while on business travel when I only have access to the internet via AOL or CSERVE.

I have e-mailed admin several times but their response have been abismal if any.....

would be great if anyone could give me a clue.

Seeya

MR

4HolerPoler
4th Feb 2006, 12:42
Mustapha,

I'm often obliged to log onto the Internet in various parts of the world using AOL & have no problems getting onto PPRuNe:

1. Hook-up to local service provider using dial-up. I've never used broadband; normally if the country you're in has broadband you don't need the AOL hook-up.
2. Open your Internet browser.
3. Access PPRuNe through the normal url address.

I'm probably missing something but this is the way I do it & never had a problem as long as I can get the local provider.

Regards

4HP

Mustapha Rex
5th Feb 2006, 23:27
You are indeed missing something, the question!

I asked how to access aol using Aol of Cserve, I did not ask about broadband.

If I needed I would have asked about broadband, however I need to know how to access using Aol or Cserve, perhaps you need a trip to Iraq or Afghanistan to see how much broadband we have access to!

So can anyone please tell me how to access via Aol or cserve.

Tks

tic
6th Feb 2006, 01:48
u being a bit arrogant against 4HP. Suggest u chill out, unless u want an argeument.

Globaliser
6th Feb 2006, 07:54
Are you having trouble reaching pprune.org at all, or are you having problems logging in?

If it's the latter, are you using the built-in browser software within the AOL window? If so, try signing on to AOL and then firing up a complete new browser window outside the AOL window, ie starting Internet Explorer (or whatever) independently of AOL once you've signed on.

If it's the former, then there may be AOL problems where you are. At the moment, AOL seems to be intermittently refusing UK customers access to British Airways for reasons which I can't understand and they don't seem to be able to fix - aggravating for me and others I know who need access regularly.

stickyb
6th Feb 2006, 16:48
I presume that cserve is compuserve, another provider of modified browsers!

If you do mean compuserve, then you are right, it probably doesn't work using their browser - or I least I could not get it to work.

Just use the compusrve software for dialling the link, then open up a normal Iinternet Explorer window and away you go.

Mustapha Rex
8th Feb 2006, 09:18
Thanks everyone for your help and advice, still cant do it using AOL, have to rely on away time when I have access to broadband to do it.

TIC man, before you engage, get your orthograph right, if you had an ounce of common sense you could have contributed to the thread by proposing a solution, 4HP does not need you or me to defend him. Fox-trot Uniform!

PPRuNe Towers
8th Feb 2006, 22:03
Oh how the evenings must fly by at chez Mustapha:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rob