PDA

View Full Version : IFR outlook.

4th Feb 2006, 03:50
I am seeking some advice on entry level co-pilot opportunities and what the current job market is like before commiting to the IFR training.

I easily meet most companies co-pilot minimum requirements with the exception of the instrument qualification and any multi experience.

I would especially welcome any advice on CHC International or the UAE.

Are there any obvious traps for the uniniated?

Cheers.

Reefdog
4th Feb 2006, 09:50
""I easily meet most companies co-pilot minimum requirements"
"with the exception of the instrument qualification and any multi experience."
just quoting you 3006
I think you will find that most companies running IF twin machines will require at least a IREX exam pass and the ATPL passed as well would be desireable..
twin time as coee would be good but hey where do you get twin time unless you are employed to be in twins in the first place??
you state you meet co-pilot minimums..I gather by that you mean the minimum PIC hours which can vary...some are 2500 and some as high as 3000 hours
good luck its worth it,

donut king
4th Feb 2006, 13:28
Hello 3006. As your location states that you're in Canada, let me add some advice.
The helicopter IFR market is booming. However, the pay in Canada ain't!! Helijet, CHL EMS, CHC Global east coast op's and Cougar are the main IFR op's in country. Best pay is probably Cougar if you got some experience and manage to get hired. Heard they are presently looking for F/O's
CHC Global is definitely looking but depends on contractual requirements. Definitely give them a call/ e-mail, but ensure you have the IFR.
Basically, to "meet co-pilot requirements" you must have an IFR rating for the environment.....offshore/ EMS...etc.
Personally, I would strongly recommend pursuing the IFR environment. I've done it now going on 12 years and have seen parts of the world I never would have dreamed of.
DK.