PDA

View Full Version : Chatroom

AIRWAY
3rd Feb 2006, 20:06
Hello,

Something strange just happen when i tried to log on to chatroom (haven't been in there for ages) straight after loging in i said hello to everyone and then i was banned for apparently flooding :confused: All i said was "Hello" :bored:

Any clues why this happened?

Many Thanks
Airway

hobie
3rd Feb 2006, 20:34
i said hello to everyone and then I was banned for apparently flooding

Maybe it was your 'Mum' !!!! ..... surely she told you often enough, never to talk to strangers :confused: .....

As a matter of interest, did they mention how long the ban stands? ...

timmcat
3rd Feb 2006, 20:54
Airway, why don't you try a PM to Hork - I can pass a message on if you prefer.

AIRWAY
3rd Feb 2006, 21:23
Thanks Tim, i shall do that, if you see hork please do mention this to her please.

Thanks once again :ok:

timmcat
3rd Feb 2006, 21:47
OK - there is a problem where some peeps look like they are banned. They are not, there is a software issue. Hork is getting admin to look at it.

You are not on your own Airway, there are other regulars getting the same message.

redsnail
3rd Feb 2006, 22:00
Well, I promise I have been a good little vegemite and haven't knowingly done any thing to be banned however after a short stay in Chat this evening I was turfed out telling me I was banned.

Unless my drunken feral alter ego has been running amok while I was in Whistler & Seattle I am not sure what the problem is. :ugh:

timmcat
3rd Feb 2006, 22:02
Redds, see above - there is some sort of ISP problem which hork has tried to explain to those of us in there. No one is banned, they are trying to sort it.

Hawk
3rd Feb 2006, 22:06
Sorry folks, not sure what is going on. To my knowledge none of the above posters have been banned from Chatroom by the mods. Will look into it, hopefully sorted soon.
cheers
H.

redsnail
3rd Feb 2006, 22:26
Phew. Saves me from searching through all my (recent) posts looking for the offensive term or whatever. I mean, how offensive is "snow", "Whistler", "Vancouver", "Seattle", "thumping bass line"?

Ahhh, was it "sim"? :E

Hawk
4th Feb 2006, 00:22
Anyone who couldn't access Chat this morning. Could you give it another try?

Binoculars
4th Feb 2006, 01:40
Reddo, another alternative is that you left yourself logged on in Canada. I believe very odd things can happen when you do that. Can't they? Hmmmm?:=

redsnail
4th Feb 2006, 06:10
Bino's,
Naw, didn't go any where near Chat when I was away. I was having too much fun. :E

G'day Hawk,
Success!! I am unbanned. :E