PDA

View Full Version : Wannabee needs help please

DeltaSix
3rd Feb 2006, 00:54
Hi there,

Just enquiring which airline in the Middle East would I be suitable for.

I have no jet time or even a type rating on a Boeing or Airbus ( can't afford it - have a young family).

ATPL
TT = 1500+
ME = 900+

Thanks everyone

Deltasix

spongebob66
6th Feb 2006, 14:48
Hay there, I asked for some advice and I do have experiance flying jets, and like you i got only 1 reply I have to say the guy who replyed was helpfull. how ever I got no other replies, All I would say to you is apply to all the companys and try to contact there HR departments and make your own contacts, there are jobs out there also be prepared to have to wait for a reply, things dont move to fast in the gulf.

Good Luck and just dont take no as a final anwser.:ok:

DeltaSix
9th Feb 2006, 03:24
thanks for the reply Spongebob66 - I was beginning to think that no one speaks English in this part of the world or no one knows anything except being unhelpful.

Thanks again.

D6

MASsenger
9th Feb 2006, 04:29
Well……don`t get sarcastic. The guys are being polite by not posting a reply. With no jet time at all you really are not suitable to any of the big players. There are quite a few drivers with Airbus or Boeing and even they can`t get in, due not type rated. So what are your chances. If you can`t spend the money to upgrade yourself, then play the game within your court.

DeltaSix
9th Feb 2006, 07:21
Finally........... more than one responded. Don't mean to be sarcastic but I had to try something.

Okay - so looks like a type rating is on the cards.

D6

SecurID
9th Feb 2006, 09:01
Deltasix, Hi.

I am sorry that most of us did not reply, but there is little point in telling you that you are not suitable (at this stage solely due to experience) when really you should be able to find that out for yourself. All the recruitment requirements are available on-line with all of the larger carriers here in the Middle East. We all had to start our searches at some point and I understand that you would like the info straight from one of us that work out here, but none of us can change the requirements or put you forward to our recruitment departments, there is no short cut I am afraid.

But to spell it out to you, a type rating on its own with your experience levels is not going to get you a job with EK, QR or GF. To assist you further, here are the associated recruitment websites with all the details:

http://www.gulfaircareers.com/careers/gulfair/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyID=2077

http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/

http://www.qatarairways.com/?jobsearch&section=deckcrew

The above websites took me all of three minutes to find. May I politely suggest that as part of being a pilot you should have resourcefulness and initiative? So please do not come onto a professional site and slag everyone off for not helping you.

DeltaSix
9th Feb 2006, 10:01
Thanks SecurID. Appreciate your honesty. Sorry if you didn't like my joke.

D6

Supertramp
9th Feb 2006, 10:22
I´ve heard that a couple of the head honchos in the EK training department are trying to talk the men at the very top into accepting recruits with turboprop time only. My guess is that it will come to pass, and sooner rather than later, if only for the reasons you can see by trolling on the other EK threads currently running.

Dani
9th Feb 2006, 11:35
I'm sorry to hear that it's a tough world. You and I know that turboprop is not inferior at all but that's how they play the game.

QR has started a S/O cadet scheme where you barely need 200 hrs TT. Might be something for you. Otherwise just keep your eyes open, meanwhile make some good experience on the turboprops and take the chances!

Dani

Start4&3
9th Feb 2006, 12:24
You don't have to rely on our replies, you can find answers to your questions by going to the airlines' websites and you can find out that your experience are not competetive. Get some more time and experience wherever you are right now and then start looking for a major airline job overseas after meeting all the required hours/experience. :rolleyes:

Pinoy Pilot
16th Feb 2006, 07:58
D6,

I was exactly in your shoes about 15 months ago. I had to make a decision to stay in my present job (a good job in the city), or go bush again or get a type rating. With our kind of experience not many airlines are knocking on the door. However I wrote, rang or email every operator on the planet and decided on what rating would make me the most marketable. (This is where our resourcefulness is handy). I went and did a rating in Nth America and then went around the world looking. I found operators in Africa and Asia the most promising. Now I'm flying in a job that I've always wanted. Don't listen to ex-strike people or people that don't have their dream job. Go for your goal and tune out people that tell you that you can't do it.