PDA

View Full Version : y does everyone resent emirates?

s_abu4
2nd Feb 2006, 20:34
i just want to know why you guys that are working for them hate it soooooo much. you're doing what you love to do, i assume, getting a high salary, seeing the world, and get all your expenses paid for a decent living. I haven't started my program for emirates yet...but I think its gonna be a great time in life for me, get the chance to do what i wanted to do since i was a kid and get paid. maybe you'll all think, im jus a snot nosed kid thats jus vain about life...ask yourself..what else do you want.

bless

violate
2nd Feb 2006, 20:47
Its fairly simple Abu, in a short period of time (3-4) years a job with EK has gone from being quite a good career option to what it is now. A job controlled by senior management that have little idea about the intricacies of running a complex interdependent flight operation. This has resulted in rampant cost cutting, under manning, breaking of regulations, shady rostering practises, chronic fatigue and a negative organisational culture that is palpable.
My prediction:
You will be happy for the first year, unsure for the second and completely demoralised from the third year on.
Have a good career and keep discovering :ok:

s_abu4
2nd Feb 2006, 21:05
willing to take the risk if it gets me up there. who knows maybe the management might turn around with etihad just opening....pessimissim is weakness,...optimisum is power

pintofstella
2nd Feb 2006, 22:59
s abu4 ,
you are dreaming you tw@t

Hairy Chest
3rd Feb 2006, 03:42
if life so bad then quit and go home, but nooooooooo...

how will the wife play tennis while the maid cooks, servant boy cleans the 3cars, kids have a pool party, you go sailing with other sad and completely demoralised pilots.

pls shut up or ship out

abu go for it mate apply and take the job if offered.

bus canuck
3rd Feb 2006, 04:57
Relax Hairy - you're just falling prey to a familiar wind-up artist. s_abu4 appears here every few months or so, most famously as 'bound_for_dubai'.

Always the same kitch. Young kid - wants to go to Dubai - can't understand why anyone would winge. Sadly, I think he's a Canadian internet brat with too much time on his hands.

It's old before it even starts.

4HolerPoler
3rd Feb 2006, 08:26
Spot on b c: a wind-up artist. I'm inclined to bin this thread; all those in favor say "Aye."

4HP

BBJ King
3rd Feb 2006, 09:05
My vote is: !AYE!"

MR8
3rd Feb 2006, 09:43
Aaayyyyeee

(need 10 characters apparently??)

4HolerPoler
3rd Feb 2006, 10:56
Rather than delete this thread I've closed it to allow it to sink to the bottom of the cybermordial pond. It serves no purpose other than as a wind-up & was created by someone who is clearly, at this stage, a long way from being affected by it's ramifications.

4HP