PDA

View Full Version : Brazil Licensing

ATPMBA
2nd Feb 2006, 16:29
Is there a web address for the Brazilian counterpart to the FAA?

BelArgUSA
2nd Feb 2006, 21:28
Dear Friend -
xxx
Suggest you try the Brazilian Google, which is -
www.google.com.br
xxx
Be ready to handle some Portuguese language...
It resembles Spanish very often... I personally visit there
often, and mix my Argentina Spanish with some Portuguese,
the result is called "Portunol"... !!!
Even works for ATC communications... they do not complain,
if you don't "spique ingliche"... they accept "spaniche"... :p
xxx
Everything in the federal gov. Brasil is located in Brasilia...
Nice people to deal with, anyway...
xxx
Bom dia - (s) Pablo

Panama Jack
3rd Feb 2006, 03:19
Look "up". There is a sticky called "Latin American Aviation Weblinks" on this forum.

Panama Jack
3rd Feb 2006, 03:31
Be ready to handle some Portuguese language...
It resembles Spanish very often... I personally visit there
often, and mix my Argentina Spanish with some Portuguese,
the result is called "Portunol"... !!!
Even works for ATC communications... they do not complain,
if you don't "spique ingliche"... they accept "spaniche"... :p

Or as I've heard some people explain, "Portugese is just poorly spoken Spanish" :E

alemaobaiano
3rd Feb 2006, 09:07
www.dac.gov.br, which Google managed to find in 2 seconds. It's in Portuguese, which is a wonderful language except when spoken by nordestinhos :E
Poorly spoken Spanish ????? Which Spanish are we talking about here...it seems that each country in Latin America has it's own version :uhoh:
Tchau

BelArgUSA
4th Feb 2006, 08:12
Dear Alemaobaiano...
xxx
I certainly did not mean to insult the Portuguese language, but to me, born with American-English spoken by my US father, and French by my Belgian mother, and having studied Latin in school, I consider Portuguese and Spanish as two very closely related languages...
xxx
There is "no" Spanish language really, but there is Castillan, Catalan, Andalus, and Gallego... one of these dialects finally was imposed by the kings... Castillan is accepted as "the" Spanish language... The difference between these dialects and Portuguese, is minimal, would you agree...?
xxx
My wife is from Buenos Aires, therefore her "Castillan" sounds a bit Italian at times... During the dictatorship 1977-1983, she lived with her Brasilian uncle in Porto Alegre RS, and mastered the Portuguese language as a kid in school, and it is her second language... We often go to Floriapo SC by the way...
xxx
Agree with you, I have a hell of a time with spoken "Nordestinho" - but as I often watch Joe Suares TV-Globo, I have no problem with Portuguese, but I often confuse which word is Spanish, which is Portuguese... Funny is, in Argentina, "LL" like in "llegar" is pronounced like Portuguese "chegar"... many words in Argentina Spanish end up sounding same as Portuguese...
xxx
A few years ago, I asked friends in Madrid - which of the South American "Spanish" sounds the most correct to them... they seem to agree that the Spanish from Colombia is the most "correct"... as spoken in Cartagena, Barranquilla or Santa Marta...
xxx
As far as ATC in Brazilian airspace, I often use my "Portunol" for communications, I never have any problem with it, them understanding me, or me understanding them, anywhere in Brasil - Curitiba, Recife, or Boa Vista... Actually, Brasil ATC is outstanding... and as far as languages, they will take anything except maybe Tupi-Guarani...
xxx
Bom dia, Che... :8

alemaobaiano
6th Feb 2006, 12:31
No offence at all, your remarks were taken in jest and my comments about Spanish were meant the same way. :ok:
I learned my Spanish in Mexico and have actually found it easier to communicate in Portuguese in Buenos Aires rather than try Spanish :hmm: however my "Mexican" is (apparently) fine in Central America.
The great thing about this part of the world is that we always find some way of communcating
Tchau