PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Sponsorship

kileA
2nd Feb 2006, 12:33
I was wondering whether Emirates did any sponsorship schemes for new pilots?:confused: I understand and have found out that they prefer pilots who have had previous experience on jet aircraft, rather than coming straight through to their larger fleet. Or is it a case of gaining experience somewhere else first?:rolleyes:

Luke SkyToddler
2nd Feb 2006, 13:22
They do an ab initio sponsorship scheme which is strictly reserved for U.A.E. citizens, details are at http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/National/NationalCareers/UAE.asp

If you're not an arab, then I'm afraid you can't even apply without 4,000 total hours, and 2,000 hours minimum on modern, glass cockpit jet aircraft. There are plenty of people who've got twice that experience level who still can't get a look in :{

s_abu4
2nd Feb 2006, 20:25
thank god im local...i somehow get the feelin people resent that emirates only trains its own...u gotta think of it from their prespective...theres a lot of young locals that are coming out of uni and school that want to do something wit their lives, who has to help them...obviously their government and companies....plus emirates is thinkin about its future...expats are going to leave sometime..locals arent going to leave...
other airlines do the same..kenyan, a few other..forgot tho.

=ignore SMS type writing...