PDA

View Full Version : Air NZ AKL-HKG-LGW

Convict
2nd Feb 2006, 09:06
Whats the story, 777, Sept Start ?

AIRWAY
2nd Feb 2006, 10:03
Apparently yes, but i heard it was the 747.

2nd Feb 2006, 19:50
All I can say is - from a passengers point of view, this will certainly be much more popular.

LAX has got to be the WORST airport around. Locked up in a transit box treated like a terrorist just for wanting to transit their stinking country.

Having to give fingerprints and photographs - too George Orwell for my liking.

:mad: ing Americans.

alangirvan
2nd Feb 2006, 20:37
This was the word from a contact at Air NZ. HKG has not definately been chosen as the stop for the second AKL to London service.

"As you know we have announced we are seeking to commence a second daily service into London ex NZ. There’s lots of speculation floating around about this but we have not confirmed any further details as we are still very much in negotiation with the relevant partners."

If it is HKG, I hope they would do a CHC-SYD-HKG service to connect Australians onto the service.

sinala1
2nd Feb 2006, 20:58
If it is HKG, I hope they would do a CHC-SYD-HKG service to connect Australians onto the service.
Does NZ have the 5th freedom rights to fly from NZ to Australia, on to HKG then LGW? I know the rights exist between Oz and HKG, but not sure if they also extend to NZ carriers? :confused:

I personally think they would be better off sticking to just NZ-HKG, as there is not a huge amount of competition on that sector - not the same as there is on SYD-HKG-SYD anyway

NoseGear
3rd Feb 2006, 02:57
Saw the 400 in here (HK) last week on sunday at 2230. Normally its the 767 and it departs here around 7ish. And if thats not enough sportsfans, a mate on the 400 had a Hong Kong airport famil rostered in feb.:eek:

Oh the intrigue..................:E

Edited to add they would be mad not to go via HK. The loads on CX are chocka, and they are going to go back to a daily service soon as the aircraft is more profitable on other routes. Leaves a good gap in the market for them, but then, I's just a pilot!

Rich-Fine-Green
3rd Feb 2006, 04:46
S 1:
As I understand it, the Kiwis have full rights to pick up pax from an Aussie airport for carriage to another country.
Therefore, AKL-SY(or BN)-HKG-LGW would be OK.
Pity there isn't more competition across the big lake.

rescue 1
3rd Feb 2006, 10:43
I remember NZ operating SYD-LAX direct. Given all the huha of late, and QF defending its territory, you would think that NZ would re-enter that market??

Taildragger67
3rd Feb 2006, 12:39
OK,

How 'bout via Vancouver with one of their shiny new 777s?

Also glad to hear the rumour is they're going to Gatters. EGLL is a thorough pit.

haughtney1
3rd Feb 2006, 21:53
Tail, EGKK isnt much better......(operating in there is ok..but from a pax perspective the North term sucks)

ozziekiwi
5th Feb 2006, 04:05
Saw the 400 in here (HK) last week on sunday at 2230. Normally its the 767 and it departs here around 7ish.

The reason the 400 was in HK last week was for chinese newyear to bring chinese familes to NZ for the holiday.

Another 400 is on it's way to HK as this is being written, taking them back home.

Same thing happens every year for chinese newyear time. :ok:

NoseGear
5th Feb 2006, 05:10
Thanks ozziekiwi, I can relax and breath again! :ok:
Might have thought the 7's weekend would be a better starter for the 400, or is that the plan? Best to bring a spare crew, the lure of the south stand is veerryyy hard to resist:E
Nosey

yachtno1
8th Feb 2006, 08:53
LGW and GNT are far better than LHR ! You can't be serious!;)

kaikohe76
8th Feb 2006, 15:05
I would not like to use either EGLL or EGKK as a pax, if I had the choice.
However still great news, that Air NZ will be starting a east a bout service back to kiwiland, one in the eye for the KLAX gestapo immigtration & security personnel. Not all of them, just most of them I think!
If both Heathrow & Gatwick may not be everyone's choice, I wonder if Air NZ have taken a look at Manchester? There may be a problem, with both Singapore & Emirates operating to the far east & Australasia from here already though.
Time will tell, but I would think the east a bout service will have no difficulty at all in getting bums on seats. Well Done