PDA

View Full Version : European Air Charter - please, no slagging

bacardi walla
2nd Feb 2006, 08:08
We all know EAC have gone through periods of unrest, near closure and staff layoffs, but, they survive. I have a genuine question and for those who are bitter and twisted about EAC, don't reply and have the thread closed.

What do EAC plan on doing with 2 New Zealand registered Bae146's (c/n 3135 + 3147) and 5 MD80's from China :confused:

If they are making a serious comeback, we need to support them so again, please, no nasty posts or slagging of the management etc.

shamrock7seal
2nd Feb 2006, 08:24
i believe the MD-80's were purchased with the idea that the UK charter market lacks cheap aircraft in the 150-170 seat market - and at least 2 were earmarked for Palmair. Palmair are trying to expand their 3 and 4 hour sector flights and these are ideal for that purpose.

no idea about the 146's though, unless they will be used as executive aircraft, replacing the exec 737's that have since gone down-under.

md80forum
5th Feb 2006, 14:15
A preliminary listing of the aircraft says they are 1985 to 1989 build, three of them assembled in Shanghai. They are coming from China Southern.

http://www.md80.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=2527.0

Could anybody pls explain the relation EAC-Palmair?

UFGBOY
5th Feb 2006, 15:23
A B732 pitched up at MAN today - G-CEAF - parked remote...

Where's she off to then?

FLYboh
5th Feb 2006, 16:00
Palmair lease the aircraft off EAC. Palmair have their own crews and pride themselves on their service. EAC purely supply the aircraft.

jmc757
5th Feb 2006, 16:04
Palmair lease the aircraft off EAC. Palmair have their own crews and pride themselves on their service. EAC purely supply the aircraft.

European supply the flight deck crew as well as aircraft. Palmair (Bath Travel) interview and select cabin crew who then go for training with EAF I believe.

Its basically a standard charter contract, the only difference being the cabin crew bit. Flightline used to operate the services, now European do, and it could change in the future.

md80forum
5th Feb 2006, 16:09
Thanks ... so the aircraft livery would then be European or Palmair ?

mmeteesside
5th Feb 2006, 16:27
Ideally one of the aircraft in Palmair livery :)

London Jets
5th Feb 2006, 18:26
They have done this before when exploing the posibilities of expanding the airline. Not just with the 747's but before that they had some Airbus A300 or A310, noit sure which but they earmarked them for long haul but for some reason or another they sat around BOH for ages ended up being scrapped.

EAAC or one of its related companies did at one point have a big thing for stripping aircraft for spares and selling them as well, not saying that will happen this time. The 146 and MD80 aircraft should be alot cheaper to operate then the old 737-200's so if they are looking long term to operate them it should be a good business move for them.

L J

jetstream7
6th Feb 2006, 08:36
they had some Airbus A300 or A310, noit sure which

A300 if I remember correctly.

Also a 727-100 at some point too.

Crewing Gimp
6th Feb 2006, 13:58
A300's arrived from air france but after a dispute over engines they never flew, and sat outside the hangar till a nose wheel almost collapsed then they were broke.
Heard the 747 are going the same way at Boh, but still parked up at moment (sad sigh). Hope the european band wagon continues with th MD80s as they is still alot of good people left (hope Jaffa is ok as well). I thought 146 was to be used for Ozjet.

Fingers crossed for all involved.

The Gimp

Dash-7 lover
6th Feb 2006, 17:25
I wish EAC well and the present colour scheme should look pretty nifty on the MD-80'S!

The Southend King
6th Feb 2006, 19:54
BW, I promise ..No slagging....BUT........

I wonder has anyone in EAC done some performance analysis on the MD82? I can BOH being a dead duck in terms of payload and range capability on these aircraft. Their performance is WORSE than the MD83, which was notorious for its tech stops coming back from greece in Paramount / Airtours days.

I can only assumje they were acquired on the basis of price, price and ...er...price.

bacardi walla
6th Feb 2006, 19:58
Performance ex BOH could well be an issue, but are they to be used from BOH or elsewhere OR simply moved on to other carriers ?

alangirvan
7th Feb 2006, 02:21
Can MD-82s be upgraded to MD-83 standard? Weights increased or thrust increased for better T/O performance?

md80forum
7th Feb 2006, 06:57
Answer is yes, MD-81/82's can be upgraded to MD-83, basically by installing additional fuel tanks and modifying the landing gear. This adds range and MTOW by numbers I don't have handy right now. Also MD-82 to MD-88 modifications have been done, which is an even bigger re-certification, as the MD-88 no longer formally is a DC-9.

Considering the low price of MD-80's I am not sure, though, if there is much economy to it to invest into those modifications. Otherwise I guess we would have seen MD-80's modded with 717's engines already.

Zigzag
8th Feb 2006, 12:24
What do EAC plan on doing with 2 New Zealand registered Bae146's (c/n 3135 + 3147) :confused:

Putting them on the market - check out speednews and/or planemart!!!!

Ops Bangle
8th Feb 2006, 16:44
Blimey, there're still advertising the Bac1-11's! I thought they were all turned into beer cans years ago.