PDA

View Full Version : Bloody unions in the building industry

RJM
2nd Feb 2006, 06:55
Look at this. Creeping ineffieciency in the Australian building industry. About 15 blokes just standing around while only one person does any work. I blame the unions.

http://i1.tinypic.com/n2croj.jpg

Apart from the questionable scaffolding and the distinct lack of protective workwear, look closely at the picture and you'll notice something odd. Yep, the gismos embedded in the roof tiles. Probably something to do with the unions as well. Hmmph.

eden47
2nd Feb 2006, 09:04
That bloke kneeling on the scaffold plank must be a site inspector.

;)

angels
2nd Feb 2006, 09:05
I blame the French.

ExSimGuy
2nd Feb 2006, 16:59
The painter's long hair should also be tied up for safety (in both cases ;) )

airship
2nd Feb 2006, 20:39
Shame on RJM! For trying to tar Australian builders who have a worldwide reputation for outstanding workmanship, competitive pricing and on-time completion. You should be ashamed of yourself for letting the side down.

The true explanation for the event portrayed in the photo above is simply that moments before it was taken and which the photo does not show, whilst everyone was going busily about their jobs, the head gaffer (the man on all fours) who'd been inspecting the quality of the mortar work had utterred loudly "Streuth mates, there's a bleedin' crack 'ere...!"

It's merely a sign of their regard for quality which made every single man on site to take an immediate interest.

For and on behalf of
The Oz Builder's Association.

4Foxtrot
2nd Feb 2006, 21:18
Is this why Wembley is taking so long to build?