PDA

View Full Version : New carrier to take to our skies?

Skystar320
2nd Feb 2006, 04:52
Rumours of another Australian carrier?

It has been a long time since I posted on this forum instead voting to watch on the sideline. Anyway heard through the ‘grapevine’ oh another carrier on the domestic / international side. I reckon this person, who currently is unknown to people has some good mind of what people want.

Anyway here is what I found out:

· Operating 2 / 3 Boeing 757-200 equipment on the trans continental routes
Perth – Sydney
Perth – Melbourne

· Approx schedule sees them operating 18 return services ‘rough’ per week between both cities

· Two class arrangement positioning themselves between Qantas and Virgin.

Well guys what do you think. I reckon it could work on the fact that these routes are always heavily populated and business class is always sold out with Qantas. Always is when I fly.

Anyway your views could it work if he had some good financial backing behind

Servo
2nd Feb 2006, 05:40
SKystar320, I like you, prefer to read and not post. I hope this rumour gets off the ground. Would gladly give my seat up at VB to be based out of Perth on a 757.:E

Any further details? Please PM me.

Regards,

Servo

murgatroid
2nd Feb 2006, 07:26
At around 10hrs per round trip for each aircraft, I think you may need a few more aircraft if it is giong to MEL-PER and SYD-PER.

Want to make some money? Get a few suckers to throw in for your start up. Lose all their money and then walk away with a fist full just for you when QF buy you out. Oh!, and pay your pilots peanuts, make them desperate and bingo, undercut J*. GD would luv yu!

Smoke on go
2nd Feb 2006, 07:37
Wow, with the massive impression that Ozjet is making on the MEL-SYD route I don't how Virgin and Qantas will cope with a new starter on the lucrative PER-SYD and PER-MEL route.

In case you're wondering I am being sarcastic.

wing surfer
2nd Feb 2006, 08:15
if this is true i hope this is not compass 3

Buster Hyman
2nd Feb 2006, 11:06
Why don't they just start a Trans Pacific route? (Not with the B757 of course) It seems that there's money to be made on it???:confused:

wing surfer
2nd Feb 2006, 11:09
if you start taking the cream on the trans tasman the big boys will declair war and it will be another Kiwi air start small bulid a base to work from then attack the big boys

Howard Hughes
2nd Feb 2006, 20:56
Wow, with the massive impression that Ozjet is making on the MEL-SYD route I don't how Virgin and Qantas will cope with a new starter on the lucrative PER-SYD and PER-MEL route.

In case you're wondering I am being sarcastic.
Whilst Smoke on the go is being sarcastic, I think there is something to be learned from the Ozjet start up. Whilst they have not made the biggest impression on the Oz market, they have managed to start without raising the ire of the big two airlines by appealing to a different market and not over saturating the route. I think these points are a key in not starting an all out price war on the route you propose (of course this would be unwinnable for a start up).

By keeping your services low key, ie: the 18 services that you propose and trying to fit a market in between QF and DJ, I think you might be on a winner.

Cheers, HH.:ok:

PS: Where do I send the bill for my consultancy services?

Escape_Slide
5th Feb 2006, 01:03
The carrier I think you guys are referring to is Gold Airways and they will be operating A320s Skystar320.

As far as I can make out, the new airline has gained support from the middle east and will shortly be announced by Premier Bracks.
:eek:

missy
5th Feb 2006, 04:37
Lessons to be learnt from Ozjet's start-up could include their pricing policy.

Start the prices low and incrementally increase the price until such time as the market is no longer prepared to pay that price. So if I was running an airline focusing on the MEL-PER SYD-PER markets I'd start low, so low that everyone would want a seat and then step it up.

Say $100 per seat one way for the first month, $150 per seat one way for the second month, etc. for economy and 50% surcharge for business class, eiher payable at the time of purchase or on check-in (subject to availability).

Any start-up will loose money during the initial period so better to have a full aircraft rather than a half empty aircraft. Build the passenger base through repeat business by providing something of a bargain. People like bargains and will support someone who provides value for money and will book again if they have a good experience. In fact, why not offer a discount if someone books a flight as they are waiting to pick up their luggage.

Skystar320
6th Feb 2006, 03:23
Escape Slide

Please refrain your “Cut the BS” attitude in this post. I personally don’t like your frame of mind and I bet is most other people don’t like it at all. Gather most people will agree with me on this one.
Secondly I personally know for a fact that the carrier involved is NOT Gold Airways and will NOT be operating A320’s as you said.
How does it feel to fail the test with a near perfect score of 0/2 you feel special?

A further investigation has resulted in a ‘proposed’ schedule of the following routes using the 757 equipment

Perth – Melbourne 8 –14 return services per week
Perth – Sydney 6 – 10 return services per week

What I reckon may be a huge winner on these routes is the fact that they may be offering PTV’s in all classes. How many times have you flown QF and had to watch an extremely boring movie or while flying Virgin Blue where there is no in – flight entertainment> well if you want to watch those hot F/A’s?

I personally reckon with some good PR stunts and creating a niche in the market that they serve by not flooding it with seats there could be money in the venture.

Maybe they could in the off – season domestically or hire in additional 757s to charter destinations such as Phuket, Maldives, Bali (???? commence RPT a later stage) or even London, Gatwick / Heathrow in the busy season via Dubai?

What are your ideas?

Lord Snot
6th Feb 2006, 06:52
Why not just put your balls on the table and drop a nice big house-brick on them.......

It would hurt about as much as being financially involved with yet another new temporary airline but would cost a lot less. Unless you place a high value on your balls, that is.

Escape_Slide
6th Feb 2006, 07:45
Skystar320, you know what you are saying is a load of bull. RU an airline exec trying to head of O7 with a good rumour???? Good luck. Frankly, I think you are wasting your energy.

Skystar320
6th Feb 2006, 08:16
Yeah i currently am the CEO of Singapore Airlines :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

and just exactly makes you think like that? I have personally stated in other posts i am an accountant working for and insolvency firm. Hell I was directly involved in Ansett / Air Paridise.

What i know is what i know and if I want to tell the whole world what i know i will let them know. Exactly the point of pprune.org or is my eyes playing tricks on me again?

"Professional Pilots Rumour Network" hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

It would be nice seeing another carrier on these routes. Ahh exactly another one of 'those' Sydney people. Darn i always mannage to snag one, bummer

Apophis
6th Feb 2006, 09:11
hope this is not that goldairways story again.

BAE146
6th Feb 2006, 09:16
...............or maybe Australian Challenge Airways.:eek:

Apophis
6th Feb 2006, 09:20
its all crap will never happen.

Buster Hyman
6th Feb 2006, 09:36
i am an accountant working for and insolvency firm

He's a bean counter! LET'S GET HIM!!!! http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/angryoldman.gif

Howard Hughes
6th Feb 2006, 09:57
Lessons to be learnt from Ozjet's start-up could include their pricing policy.
Start the prices low and incrementally increase the price until such time as the market is no longer prepared to pay that price. So if I was running an airline focusing on the MEL-PER SYD-PER markets I'd start low, so low that everyone would want a seat and then step it up.
Say $100 per seat one way for the first month, $150 per seat one way for the second month, etc. for economy and 50% surcharge for business class, eiher payable at the time of purchase or on check-in (subject to availability).
Any start-up will loose money during the initial period so better to have a full aircraft rather than a half empty aircraft. Build the passenger base through repeat business by providing something of a bargain. People like bargains and will support someone who provides value for money and will book again if they have a good experience. In fact, why not offer a discount if someone books a flight as they are waiting to pick up their luggage.
I think you should employ Missy quickly, before she gets snapped up by another LCC!!;) They are some really innovative ideas Missy.:ok:

amos2
6th Feb 2006, 10:20
I think you should go back to watching on the sideline Skystar! :ugh: :ugh:

And your numerical skills...are they as good as your literary skills? :confused:

56P
6th Feb 2006, 20:32
Has there been a B757 on the Oz register previously?? If not, it would be a very expensive exercise.

Pimp Daddy
6th Feb 2006, 21:37
Has there been a B757 on the Oz register previously??

Didn't AWAS have one briefly?

With thanks to the planespotter site in VHCU's post in the OZjet thread it shows that B757-23A cn 24566 was VH-NOF for a period.

http://www.planespotters.net/Production_List/Boeing/757/24566.html

edit: piccy http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0160212/M/

inthefluffystuff
7th Feb 2006, 04:07
Why not throw in Jens is also going to buy Avalon Maintenance,it would be a good rumor to start!!!!

Apophis
7th Feb 2006, 04:54
Why not throw in Jens is also going to buy Avalon Maintenance,it would be a good rumor to start!!!!
might as well its worth nothing once qantas removes there equipment just empty sheds.

Escape_Slide
11th Feb 2006, 08:40
Just looking at those threads Legal Counsel was spot on about Ozjet it seems.

If LC could work all this out without even working for Ozjet, how come her predictions are so spot on. Sounds fishy to me.

Sure LC isn't someone higher up in the pecking order of aviation. Anyway, I am sure LC would have the gos from this new carrier Skystar320.

WHERE RU LC ??????:confused:

Skystar320
13th Feb 2006, 04:51
It would be intresting to know if she does know anything. You know how hard it is to find infomation out myside?

Escape_Slide
14th Feb 2006, 23:34
Well Skystar320, she might have more connections than we think. Just looking back she seems to be in the know with someone at SMH ??? and well, you cannot help get suspicious that the person she knows might well be closer to aviation that we believe. Anyway, I just cannot get over how she has so accurately predicted what's been happening to O7. It almost seems she is there like a ghost haunting this 737-200 operator because of what happended to her sister in the Airtours accident. Voodooism perhaps!

gas-chamber
16th Feb 2006, 04:48
But the big question is, have they had a quote from CASA and paid the big deposit for assessing their AOC application? Until they do, no one should take them seriously, as CASA certainly won't. And if they haven't advertised for post holders, have they really got the best people available to make it happen, or is this the usual suspects just having another wet dream? With all this Mid East oil money, surely not a problem to get both the people and the deposit.

Escape_Slide
23rd Feb 2006, 05:10
I presume you are referring to Ozjet there. They are struggling to find quality people it seems. Latest acquisition doesn't really impress. A desperate attempt to lift sales. They will not get anywhere with their expansion plans "as it is all done on a roll in a cubicle". :eek: