PDA

View Full Version : Warton & Samlesbury Open Days

Bob Stinger
2nd Feb 2006, 00:51
Latest company brief
Warton & Samlesbury Open Days

We are pleased to announce that there will be ‘Open Days’ at Samlesbury and Warton sites later this year. The Samlesbury Open Day will take place on Saturday 19th August and the Warton event will take place two weeks later on Saturday 2nd September. This will enable people to visit both sites if they wish.

At both sites there will be displays in many working areas to give employees and their families the opportunity to see the extensive range of activities undertaken at the sites.

Shaggy Sheep Driver
2nd Feb 2006, 10:37
Employees only?
If not, can non-employees fly in? I have Warton in the log book, but it would be good to get Salmesbury.
SSD

Groundgripper
2nd Feb 2006, 10:58
I think that the last few have been employees and family only, as far as I can remember.

I also doubt if any flying would take place or flying visitors be allowed at Samlesbury, the field's closed except for the VGS.

GG

Vfrpilotpb
6th Feb 2006, 19:01
SSD,

sadly Salmesbury is shut to all except the LUAS( I think thats em) the estate manager wont even allow some of us locals( to that site)on to test racing motorbikes on Sunday mornings before the UAS get there!
When I was a boy I can remeber seeing and watching Canberras landing and takeing of on the cross leg of that system, quite awesome for a ten year old.

Vfr:)