PDA

View Full Version : Low level Pumas (Video)

WASALOADIE
1st Feb 2006, 18:30
I've been sent the link to this video of low level Puma's. I reckon they're probably French somewhere in Africa maybe? can anyone shed any more light.

http://fratguyantics.com/content/index.php?id=5192

Ian Corrigible
1st Feb 2006, 18:47
That's probably why they design the seats in those Toyata pick-ups to be easy-clean. :eek:

ALAT in N. Africa sounds about right.

I/C

SiClick
1st Feb 2006, 19:10
I think the French are the only ones who fit wire cutters to their Puma's, bloody good idea though! It also stops wire strikes operating the Fuel Shut Off levers.

Floppy Link
1st Feb 2006, 20:39
Hi Wasa
I've got the same vid but called Le Puma du Tchad
so there you have it..
1) French
2) Puma (but we knew that bit:rolleyes: )
3) Chad
got them from http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos.php which has lots of tasty vids, esp the Mirage2000 low level over the sea. I think the HUD radalt is cycling between 10 and 20ft. Get a nosebleed way up there!
Cheers
Russell

nigelh
1st Feb 2006, 21:55
children ,children dont get so excited...its only a commercial. 10 ft up is WAY too high for crop spraying !! At a loss as to see what is so exciting ....they are flying low.....helicopters can do that you know......

MBJ
2nd Feb 2006, 12:00
Did anyone else see that hill the Puma bunted over? V cool.

Recuperator
2nd Feb 2006, 16:04
SiClick

The South African Air Force (SAAF) turned the Fuel Shut Off Quadrant around, this solved the bird strike problem closing the fuel shut off levers.

Apparently quite routine flying for the SAAF during their bush war, still impressive seeing it. Just ask Gunship...:eek:

drakkar
2nd Feb 2006, 16:27
Interesting video, I'm not sure ALAT's HQ would appreciate, but life in Chad is so boring...
The hill is located close to the Chad lake and is called elephant's rock.
Btw this is the first time I see a flight crew in negative G for some seconds.

Cheers

WASALOADIE
2nd Feb 2006, 16:54
Thanks floppy, your link certainly downloads a lot quicker

ShyTorque
3rd Feb 2006, 11:44
Drakkar,

I rather doubt that any negative G was actually involved, possibly close to zero G though. The manoeuvre off the rock wasn't severe enough to induce it.

Having displayed the military Puma "semi-aerobatically" some years ago, I am very aware that on this type of aircraft the hydraulic pumps can cavitate if even reduced +G is experienced. Such as at 120 degrees nose down at 450 feet agl.... which doesn't half wake the crewman up.

Ask my crewman (now SAR pilot) 'Dark Menace' about the chinagraph pencil he bent whilst sat in the LHS and supposedly writing with it! :E