PDA

View Full Version : Air Logistics to change name to Bristow Group

tottigol
1st Feb 2006, 17:03
Announced by parent company Offshore Logistics.
Would that change make it somehow easier to work across the pond, traveling in both directions?

SASless
1st Feb 2006, 17:10
Almost two months after I said it was to happen!

Posted on 13 Dec 05

Latest from the Jungle Telegraph....

OLOG, building on its latest PR problems, and in light of its move of Corporate Headquarters from Louisana to Texas, along with other reasons, shall be having a name change shortly.

One offered name was for Air Logistics to become known as Bristow United States or Bristow USA.

Another was Air Logistics will remain in place and OLOG itself will take a new moniker.

Yet another offer was OLOG and Air Log will get new logos/names.

Any other suggestions or guesses?

Nothing different but the name change when it comes to working across the company....unlike CHC which is an international operation.

msuldo
1st Feb 2006, 19:50
Slightly wrong. Air Logistics will still be here in the GOM and Alaska, however the name will read Air Logistics and under it, in smaller letters it will say - A Bristow Company. Offshore Logistics, in Houston, has changed its name to Bristow Group Inc. This reflects an effort to recognize global standards in all of our companies, even non aviation ones such as Grasso Production, which will now be Grasso and under that, A Bristow Company.
The compass rose emblem will be replaced by a new symbol, common to all companies, but it doesn't appear on my keyboard and I can't draw it. You will see lots of it at HAI, on our aircraft (which will all now have one paint scheme worldwide, and in various publications.
Allthough I'm sure they will be as many opinions as posters, most looking for some darker reason, the change was done to unite all of our companies under one banner worlwide and standardize everything from training, standards (where possible), down to business cards, stationery, forms, etc, everything. We picked Bristow because of it's worldwide name recognition and reputation which was borne out by a world wide survey of customers and potential customers worldwide.
I'm proud to be associated with the name,
Let the comments begin, I know what a tough audience this is!
Mike

PS SASLESS please email me at [email protected] on a different matter if you get a chance

SASless
1st Feb 2006, 20:15
Mike,

Good to see you posting at Rotorheads. I am sure a great many of us will look forward to hearing from you as you are a key player in the industry. I am sure you will find this a fair and balanced audience even if they do not always agree with you.

For those of you who do not know....Mike is the Boss Fellah at Air Logistics and is well regarded there. The fact he is a former Navy Pilot should not be held against him.

PPRUNE FAN#1
2nd Feb 2006, 01:11
SASless:For those of you who do not know....Mike is the Boss Fellah at Air Logistics and is well regarded there. The fact he is a former Navy Pilot should not be held against him....A former Navy pilot who found himself flying a single-rotor CH-46 when his chopped itself apart in mid-air, to be exact. (And he lived...I think...although his brain may have expired in the accident for his body continued in aviation and does to this day.) If that ain't a testament to a guy's good fortune and/or good-living, I don't know what is. His wife doesn't even say "Be careful" when she kisses him good-bye as he leaves for work every morning. Oh, she starts to, but then she thinks about that accident and says to herself, "Nah, I don't gotta worry about him. I, on the other hand, will probably die in some horrible beauty shop/manicuring accident or get sunburned to death lounging around the pool."

All joking aside, (the Royal) we wish Mike well. He is well-regarded outside of Air Log (A Bristow Company) too. And he's living proof that line pilots can do okay.

And yes, this is who you think it is, Mike;)

funfinn2000
2nd Feb 2006, 04:13
Mike i attended the Heli wings program that you were a speaker at Vortex last April ,The story thast sticks in my mind is the one about you being shot in the foot and it traveling all the way up through your leg .

I hope you do'nt change the Air-log paint job on the ships .

Finn

inmate
3rd Feb 2006, 00:08
Well the change was not unexpected and I believe it is a positive move for all concerned.
I certainly look forward to a continued association with Airlog and a new logo. I do hear that when we are driving on Airlog property we will be requied to drive on the left and call each other mate!!
Funny how our careers come full circle. :ok:

heli1
3rd Feb 2006, 17:01
Alan Bristow must be laughing quietly to himself at the choice after his failed attempt to get in on the GOM market all those years ago !

Staticdroop
4th Feb 2006, 11:23
i like the idea of 'Bristow Offshore Logistics' or BOLOGS for short:p

SASless
4th Feb 2006, 13:16
Static is the MAN!

:ok: :ok:

212man
9th Feb 2006, 03:39
Look here to see new company logo!!!!:uhoh: http://www.bristowgroup.com/

Bristow Group adds two new directors

HOUSTON--Feb. 7, 2006--Bristow Group Inc. (NYSE: BRS), a leading provider of helicopter services and production management services to the offshore energy industry, announced today that its shareholders had elected the following members to its Board of Directors: Thomas N. Amonett, Peter N. Buckley, Stephen J. Cannon, Jonathan H. Cartwright, William E. Chiles, Michael A. Flick, Kenneth M. Jones, Pierre H. Jungels, CBE, Thomas C. Knudson, Ken C. Tamblyn, and Robert W. Waldrup.

The group includes two new directors, Thomas N. Amonett and Michael A. Flick.

Mr. Amonett, 62, a resident of Houston, Texas, has served as President, Chief Executive Officer and director of Champion Technologies, Inc. since 1999. Champion Technologies, Inc. is an international provider of specialty chemicals and related services primarily to the oilfield production sector. Mr. Amonett also serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors of TODCO, where he serves on the Corporate Governance and Executive Compensation Committees, and as a director of Reunion Industries, Inc., where he serves on the Compensation and Audit Committees. Mr. Amonett served as a director of Stelmar Shipping Ltd. from 2002 to January 2005 and served on the Audit Committee during his tenure, serving as chairman of the Audit Committee from 2003 to 2005.

Mr. Flick, 57, a resident of New Orleans, Louisiana, began his career in commercial banking in 1970 at First National Bank in New Orleans, which subsequently became a wholly owned subsidiary of First Commerce Corporation. Mr. Flick held a variety of positions at First Commerce Corporation, including Chief Financial Officer and Chief Credit Policy Officer, and retired in 1998 as the Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer. Thereafter, he served as a director and chairman of the Audit Committee of Community Coffee Company, a privately held company, until his term expired in July 2005. He also serves as a director of the University of New Orleans Foundation and chairman of its Audit Committee.

William E. Chiles, President and Chief Executive Officer said, "We are pleased to move forward with this group of directors. While several of these individuals have served the Company well for many years, we are excited to gain fresh perspectives from our two new directors, Thomas N. Amonett and Michael A. Flick. In addition, we would like to thank David M. Johnson for 23 years of service on our Board. His contributions have been substantial and he will be sorely missed."

SASless
9th Feb 2006, 05:19
Personally....I loved the little bitty birdie....that cute little helicopter....that was cool.

212man
9th Feb 2006, 06:04
No the birdie is CHC SASless; keep with it!;)