PDA

View Full Version : mobiles onboard

craigbrodie
1st Feb 2006, 16:14
i've read that the airbus A350 will install technology allowing passengers to use their mobiles onboard.
Other airlines are installing it to, bmi are to start a 3 month trial.
can you imagine being stuck beside someone chatting on their mobile for hours!! :*

Gouabafla
1st Feb 2006, 16:23
can you imagine being stuck beside someone chatting on their mobile for hours!!

Almost as bad as seeing the same threads come around again on proon!

Sorry - couldn't resist it.:rolleyes:

BOFH
1st Feb 2006, 20:16
can you imagine being stuck beside someone chatting on their mobile for hours!!

Rather the same as almost anywhere in society. You may rant about it to your heart's content, in the same way that I set aside any sharp objects when I hear someone saying the word 'like' all the time.

Like <heh> it or not, this is just one more thing about life which sucks - just add it to your list, after loud MP3 players, chavs and all the other things which make mortality attractive.

BOFH

Desert Diner
2nd Feb 2006, 15:41
Can you imagine seeing his face after getting the bill for that 3 hour call:bored:

BOFH
2nd Feb 2006, 18:38
:)

Regrettably, though, as it has done with terrestrial mobile telephones, the price will come down.

I'm just waiting for bums to get mobiles and SMS me: XQS M3 SR DO U HV 20P 4 A CP OF T?

The idiots have won. Acquiesce.

BOFH

krisgnair
5th Feb 2006, 11:34
I heard the charges will be par with international roaming rates. And one company ARINC proposed a charge between $2 -3.50, which is expensive.

apaddyinuk
5th Feb 2006, 12:45
Well hopefully someone will have the forsight to remove the more or less now defunct no-smoking signs with no-mobile ones!

PAMCC
5th Feb 2006, 15:34
Ohmygod !! Think of having just managed to do the impossible; fit yourself into a comfy position and finally manage to get to sleep on the Eastbound transatlantic, when someone's 'crazy frog' or equally vile ring tone, goes off. It doesn't bear thinking about. :bored:

Surely in the interests of preventing 'Air Rage', usage should be limited to maybe SMS and no ring tones at the very most.

Globaliser
5th Feb 2006, 23:08
Surely in the interests of preventing 'Air Rage', usage should be limited to maybe SMS and no ring tones at the very most.Given the complete inability of a large proportion of the population to talk into a mobile phone at normal voice levels, there should be no voice calls. Except, maybe, in the first and last hour of each flight. Between then, people will be trying to sleep. Nobody is so important or so indispensable that they can't be incommunicado for a few hours.