PDA

View Full Version : 1 Time drops George ... enters Zambian Market

Gunship
1st Feb 2006, 15:32
I see 1 Time will drop the 6 x per week George route soon and start a 3 time per week flight to Zambia with it's "partner" 1 Time Zambia using a DC 9.

Good luck oke's :ok:

beechbum
1st Feb 2006, 16:14
Where abouts will 1 time be going? I know they're pulling out of George and kulula out of East London. Apparently some agreement between the two carriers has been made where 1 Time will concentrate on E.L. and BA/kulula on George!!!

Gunship
2nd Feb 2006, 01:41
Where abouts will 1 time be going? I know they're pulling out of George and kulula out of East London. Apparently some agreement between the two carriers has been made where 1 Time will concentrate on E.L. and BA/kulula on George!!!

From AfricanFlyer :

1time, South Africa’s other low fare airline, announced that it is to introduce service between Johannesburg and Lusaka effective February 24. This service, to be operated by its franchise, 1time Zambia, will operate the flights on Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays using a DC9.

The airline also announced that it will be terminating its existing 6x per week service between Johannesburg and George, citing the seasonality of the route, and intends to concentrate on Port Elizabeth and East London.

saywhat
2nd Feb 2006, 12:57
Apparently some agreement between the two carriers has been made where 1 Time will concentrate on E.L. and BA/kulula on George!!!

I wonder how the competition board will view that if it's true!!

Deskjocky
3rd Feb 2006, 09:18
hardly think the competition board will take notice- if they do then Comair will turn "states evidence" and grass on 1Time :}