PDA

View Full Version : Korean Air?/Jeju Island, Instructing. (Merged).

subin30
1st Feb 2006, 14:17
Does anyone here know if Korean Air hires FO's? I know they have serveral Flight Crew Recruiting programs for Captains, but nothing on FO's.

Anyone know how I can apply there?

any info will help. thank you!

subin

ExMAS
1st Feb 2006, 22:23
Neither KAL nor Asiana take in foreign FOs. They have their own training schools and are churning them out.

Try Air vietnam or CAL.

countbat
2nd Feb 2006, 02:11
Any1 knows anything about instructing on Jeju Island for Korean Air???? Life, work conditions??? Any input welcome.
Thanks

rogerover
20th Feb 2006, 04:46
The reason Korean Air and Asiana do not hire foreign F/Os is due to the country's labor law. I believe Singapore Air is the same way now. Also, as for instructing in Jeju, it sucks. Two of my buddies went in as instructors on a three-year contract with a guranteed seat on the 744 after the tenure of the contract. But the management "nullified" the contract somehow during their time in Jeju. They both quit after that.

AIRJAE
20th Feb 2006, 23:34
There were actaully people who instructed at Jeju island and moved on to
B744 right seat...But they left KAL within one year for better options. And
then KAL started recruit instructors within the company, mostly experienced
F/O (cuz they get promoted to citation captain)...and that's still being done....

rogerover
23rd Feb 2006, 03:54
I didn't know about that. Thanks for a better clarification. But I could think of 100 other airlines I'd rather fly for besides Korean....:)